[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Bit of a rant, bit of a victory.

I got to the witchery quest where I had to go to the Otherworld/Spirit World (can't remember the exact name). I'd learnt from a prior game that potion effects last. So I brewed up one of the magic crops super dooper potions (with all 6) quaffed it and went to sleep. I then spent the next 15 minutes or so running around looking for enough of the nightmare cotton. I actually ran enough to deplete my food bar to nothing, so I was taking damage (but regeneration was keeping me alive).

<SNIP>

Now the victory. I was then able to make the dream catcher thingy so on the second attempt, I then got into the dream world rather than the nightmare world. Because I hadn't accepted any reward for the first infusion stone quest, I was then able to claim skeleton essence seeds for the dream world. This meant that I was able to storm (within reason) through the progression so I now have an ender chest.

If you're going to use quest rewards, why not just one that gives you a blaze rod or blaze powder (isn't there a quest that gives cinderpearl flowers?)

That's pretty much the only hold up really in getting an ender chest because obviously you can harvest pearls from oysters and obsidian from a copper vat :)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The bug with agricraft and snowbells (actually all witchery seeds) is fixed in agricraft 1.5.0. I have downloaded and installed that into 0.9.1 of Regrowth and it seems to be working fine. I have been using this for a few days and haven't noticed any issues.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Are the potions from Blood Magic (specifically the potion of flight) available? I can't see them in NEI, but I'm not sure if that is deliberate or not.

I haven't killed the Gaia Guardian and despite having a Superman I Mariculture ring, I don't have a method of flight yet.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Blood magic has a flight flask? I remember a specially added one for agrarian skies though. But not in Vanilla Blood Magic.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You should be able to plant some of the vanilla Netherwart that you got as a quest reward on soul sand.
How do I make a time machine to go back to when I had those items? :/ I tried getting some fresh from the Nether but when you break it you can't re-plant it. I guess I could move my apiary into the Nether Fortress where there is some still planted... not terribly convenient though. I could use an Enhanced Teleposer, I suppose...
Damn, doesn't work, the nether wart just breaks when the soul sand is teleposed.

I guess I'll just cross-breed another kind of queen with the drones until I get a pure-bred Embittered that accepts other flowers.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
How do I make a time machine to go back to when I had those items? :/ I tried getting some fresh from the Nether but when you break it you can't re-plant it. I guess I could move my apiary into the Nether Fortress where there is some still planted... not terribly convenient though. I could use an Enhanced Teleposer, I suppose...
Damn, doesn't work, the nether wart just breaks when the soul sand is teleposed.

I guess I'll just cross-breed another kind of queen with the drones until I get a pure-bred Embittered that accepts other flowers.

Try shears? Either on the vanilla or the Agricraft version.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019

Throw a blaze rod into a mana pool that has an alchemy catalyst under it. Turns it into vanilla netherwart.

Edit: Wait are you saying that you can't plant netherwart at all? Only on crop sticks? :( That's pretty annoying.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Another option is to use mutandis to morph something you can plant into netherwort. It will be slow and tedious, but it should work.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'll just do the cross-breeding thing, and craft the Embittered princess into a hive on the Runic Altar.

BTW, in case anyone hadn't spotted this techniquesploit, the Runic Altar is a great way to turn your ignoble princess (which you can get from swarmers) into pristine. Water and Rocky hives always give pristine princesses, possibly others too.

Hm, mutandis might work, but I don't think I've ever seen netherwart from doing that, so I guess it's rare.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
BTW, in case anyone hadn't spotted this techniquesploit, the Runic Altar is a great way to turn your ignoble princess (which you can get from swarmers) into pristine. Water and Rocky hives always give pristine princesses, possibly others too.

Water is slightly better since Rocky starts with Fertility = 1

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so where am I going wrong here.

I've tried to set up a Alchemy Golem, and it just doesn't want to work. It is definitely an alchemy core, I've tried both a wooden and clay golem, tried following various videos. I place the golem, place the core, use the golemancers bell to link it to the alchemical furnace and then link it to the jars that are nearby. There is currently essentia in the alembics, and the golem just sits there.

Attachments

• 2016-05-01_07.02.01.png
    2016-05-01_07.02.01.png
    806.1 KB · Views: 60