[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry guys, I'm out :(

I suffered an HD failure last week, and lost my server. I'm still working on recovery options, but it isn't looking good.

LESSON LEARNED! Backups mean nothing if they're on the same disk. I was backing up incase of corruption, so I had the backups on the same disk. i never fathomed that I would lose an entire disk.

I was too far into it, i cant restart. it's just too painful.

If anyone is a data retrieval expert, perhaps give me a shout. however i'l warn you, even Hirens Testdisk can't see the disk. It still spins, but no OS or recovery tool seems to be able to see the drive anymore :(

Gonna go try void world. I need something different.

J

Jasage

Sorry guys, I'm out :(

I suffered an HD failure last week, and lost my server. I'm still working on recovery options, but it isn't looking good.

LESSON LEARNED! Backups mean nothing if they're on the same disk. I was backing up incase of corruption, so I had the backups on the same disk. i never fathomed that I would lose an entire disk.

I was too far into it, i cant restart. it's just too painful.

If anyone is a data retrieval expert, perhaps give me a shout. however i'l warn you, even Hirens Testdisk can't see the disk. It still spins, but no OS or recovery tool seems to be able to see the drive anymore :(

Gonna go try void world. I need something different.
You could try parted magic and see if that works.....I've had a few hd's die on me in the past and that always works a charm.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
What are the options for auto-harvesting ore and XP berries?

p.s. The problem with auto-assemblers disappearing seems to be related to BC pipes, as it stopped happening when I replaced them with Mek logistical transporter pipes.
Golems, forestry farm set to orchard.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
What are the options for auto-harvesting ore and XP berries?

p.s. The problem with auto-assemblers disappearing seems to be related to BC pipes, as it stopped happening when I replaced them with Mek logistical transporter pipes.

i never even used buildcraft pipes with the auto-assemblers, and still several of them disappeared. i even had one of my logistical sorters disappear on me.

PhoenixMage

Jul 29, 2019
Can you not create Forge multiparts in this pack? I have created a saw but seems to have no effect and the only recipe in NEI is for copper blocks and it looks like the recipe is disabled?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
For those people commenting on vanishing blocks, I believe this pack is configured to autodelete erroring tileentities, which causes the block to be deleted when it gets an unhandled error. If you look at the forge log on the same run of the game the block dissappears you should see the error that caused it along with a notification that forge is removing the block.

If possible it is nice to report these errors to the appropriate mod author. Without this setting, forge would error out and minecraft would probably just crash when you try to log in.

Reactions: thephoenixlodge
E

Eatthatmuffin

I'm not sure. You crafted the infernal block with soul sand and nether brick? Then you place that block in a crafting window twice (I think) to get it to the block used in the Blast Furnace recipe? I'm sorry if that doesn't help, I know I had trouble with that one also because you have to back track how to get that block and it was confusing me.

I did all of the steps. I figured out how to build the infernal brick but when I put everything in the crafting window where if belongs (even in a vanilla crafting table), it doesn't produce anything.

Attachments

• Blast Furnace.png
    Blast Furnace.png
    14 KB · Views: 44
Z

Zerias

Craft the Infernal Blocks alone into Fitted Infernal Stones, then again into Infernal Bricks, then use Bricks to make the blast furnace blocks. Also, just in case, confirm that the side blocks are Brick Construction Block rather than Seared Bricks.

Hikaru-Takemori

Jul 29, 2019
Can you not create Forge multiparts in this pack? I have created a saw but seems to have no effect and the only recipe in NEI is for copper blocks and it looks like the recipe is disabled?

Do you refer to cutting down blocks to slabs->panels->covers->strips->nooks? If yes, it at least worked for me. Do you place the saw above the block you wish to cut down inside your crafting grid(until covers, then it is placed next to it)?
Regarding the missing receipts: I believe there is something (mod or config, I can't remember) that hides a lot of those receipts so you don't have hundreds and hundreds of pages in your NEI.
Also, not all blocks can be sawed.

E

Eatthatmuffin

Craft the Infernal Blocks alone into Fitted Infernal Stones, then again into Infernal Bricks, then use Bricks to make the blast furnace blocks. Also, just in case, confirm that the side blocks are Brick Construction Block rather than Seared Bricks.
Thanks, I think that works because it's not the right brick and turning it into the fitted version and turning it back turns it into the right one. I had all the right blocks but the infernal bricks needed to turned into the new ones.

T

terrancez

Been playing 0.9.1 for a few weeks now, I ran into an weird problem today when I try to build the wind turbine at Y 254. I was building a pillar to try to get myself to max height, but during this my local server starts to lag A LOT, it keeps saying "Can't keep up!", and java process will pin at 80%+ CPU time after that, and I can't do anything but to end the process.

After I restart the server, everything went back to normal, but as soon as I start building something at Y 200+, the same thing happens again... Any ideas, please?

I'm running the server using "java -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -XX:permSize=256m -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-universal.jar nogui" on Java 1.8.0_77

I'm including the server message here:
[19:19:54] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 32902ms behind, skipping 658 tick(s)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Been playing 0.9.1 for a few weeks now, I ran into an weird problem today when I try to build the wind turbine at Y 254. I was building a pillar to try to get myself to max height, but during this my local server starts to lag A LOT, it keeps saying "Can't keep up!", and java process will pin at 80%+ CPU time after that, and I can't do anything but to end the process.

After I restart the server, everything went back to normal, but as soon as I start building something at Y 200+, the same thing happens again... Any ideas, please?

I'm running the server using "java -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -XX:permSize=256m -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-universal.jar nogui" on Java 1.8.0_77

I'm including the server message here:
[19:19:54] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 32902ms behind, skipping 658 tick(s)

Someone else had this problem a while back, trying to make a sky mob-grinder - as soon as they hit y=192, the number of entities started going nuts. Possibly squids spawning and then despawning in that case. Are you near an ocean? Also, would the turbine be equally effective at y=180-ish?

T

terrancez

Someone else had this problem a while back, trying to make a sky mob-grinder - as soon as they hit y=192, the number of entities started going nuts. Possibly squids spawning and then despawning in that case. Are you near an ocean? Also, would the turbine be equally effective at y=180-ish?

Thanks for the reply, yes, I'm near an ocean biome, I never knew squid would cause this kind of weird problem, so is there any way to fix this? Disabling squid maybe? And how?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks for the reply, yes, I'm near an ocean biome, I never knew squid would cause this kind of weird problem, so is there any way to fix this? Disabling squid maybe? And how?

Well, the other guy didn't experience problems until hitting the y=192 level - the recommendation at the time was to make sure not to go above that level, and he hasn't reported further problems. That's why I asked about the possibility of putting the turbine at a less ambitious height.

T

terrancez

Well, the other guy didn't experience problems until hitting the y=192 level - the recommendation at the time was to make sure not to go above that level, and he hasn't reported further problems. That's why I asked about the possibility of putting the turbine at a less ambitious height.

I did some googling, and find this neat little mod: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/squidless
Installed it both on my server and client, problem solved! Now I'm rocking 9 turbines each at 192RF/t at Y 251! :D