[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I checked the normal forestry grafters didn't work on the silverwood trees, I didn't realize that vazkii added their own grafter....

Edit: So yeah, this totally works with the manasteel grafter. One silverwood tree turned into 42 saplings... heh.

To be honest, it's pretty cheaty. But I guess that means that hands down silverwood farming is the best way to terraform... at least if you don't mind magical biome.
Vazkii didn't, it's a trait of the magical bees magical grafters, the thaumium one does exactly the same thing. They give a 20% drop rate of saplings from silverwoods and greatwoods, configurable and actually raised here from the default of 10%.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
We've made Soujourner's Sashes, and mine doesn't work! I have a Mana Tablet in my hotbar, the sash is equipped, but the jump height and step assist aren't working for me. Works fine in my own world, but not when I join my friend's game over LAN. Any ideas?
Baubles in general don't really work on LAN, not botania specific or pack specific.

Also just gonna leave this here:

Last edited:
Reactions: Draconicrose
G

Gingii Phoenix

Been a while since ive posted anything on here, me and my little sis still loving the modpack. We were hoping to ask if there was any way / will there be any way of being able to store RF? we have all of the generators set up to be automatic, but it seems pointless turning them on all the time when the RF is just being wasted, iv'e tried looking through for a way to store it but i can't find anything.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Been a while since ive posted anything on here, me and my little sis still loving the modpack. We were hoping to ask if there was any way / will there be any way of being able to store RF? we have all of the generators set up to be automatic, but it seems pointless turning them on all the time when the RF is just being wasted, iv'e tried looking through for a way to store it but i can't find anything.

Mekanism Energy Cubes. Also, if you are using BC pipes for RF transfer, you can use gates to enable your engines only when power is required.

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism Energy Cubes. Also, if you are using BC pipes for RF transfer, you can use gates to enable your engines only when power is required.
i noticed that doesn't work so well with combustion eng. had to set them to if blue redstone signal and when they fill up all the way they stop

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I also considered turning my boilers off when not in use, but i decided that hey, this is regrowth. My automatic farming is constantly supplying more coal to the boilers then i can use. So i just buried them deep underground with a quarry below them to keep the chunks always loaded (the farm and boilers are stacked vertically above the quarry so they never unload).

ThTs

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for this amazing modpack!

I'm having a question about the Industrial Steam Engine. I have two of them in a small setup, fed by a low pressure Steam Boiler. Both Engines can handle the steam input, the internal steam gauge is half full. They are outputting the RF to a Wooden Kinesis Pipe and Quartz Kinesis Pipes into a Mekanism Energy Cube. Everything works fine, but I wonder why they are accumulating energy in their internel RF buffer (see attached picture). The Kinesis Pipes should not be at their limit. What is the bottleneck in my system?

Attachments

• 2016-04-03_19.18.18.png
    2016-04-03_19.18.18.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 68

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I have wondered this also, but i always assumed it was because the engines generate far more then the pipes are capable of drawing from them. On the plus side they will continue to output RF even after they are turned off until they completely discharge via draw or energy dissipation.

S

StirlingSci

Thanks for this amazing modpack!

I'm having a question about the Industrial Steam Engine. I have two of them in a small setup, fed by a low pressure Steam Boiler. Both Engines can handle the steam input, the internal steam gauge is half full. They are outputting the RF to a Wooden Kinesis Pipe and Quartz Kinesis Pipes into a Mekanism Energy Cube. Everything works fine, but I wonder why they are accumulating energy in their internel RF buffer (see attached picture). The Kinesis Pipes should not be at their limit. What is the bottleneck in my system?

Engines are complicated gizmos like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for engines to output at full capacity, they need to 'warm up,' or accumulate energy in their buffer. This allows them to output energy faster, and eventually the buffer will top out at a certain number (energy generated equals energy outputted). I'll need to look into this further, but don't worry about it much. Unless that buffer starts going into the red, that starts going into explosion/malfunction territory.

Edit: I found a page that better explains what's going on here: http://wiki.technicpack.net/Buildcraft_Engines

Last edited:

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
I just experienced the oddest quirk: I logged into my single player map ... and noticed that all my researchpoints from Thaumcraft are gone. I am back to the 6 primals when I open my research table, though without even any points for any besides 1 ordo and 1 terra... annoyingly enough, all items still count as scanned, so I can't even get back all the aspects I lost. The research I made also stayed where it was, so I only, for some reason, lost all my research points. Some googling showed me that this could happen after updating Thaumcraft versions, but I did no such thing.

Edit: Used /thaumcraft aspect [playername] [aspect] [#] to get myself some primals again ... I'll just combine them again for now.

Edit #2: Different topic: I just placed a Mekanism Wind Turbine at the max. build height and notice it only puts out 192 RF/t, but the config mentions the following:

D:WindGenerationMax=240.0
I:WindGenerationMaxY=255
D:WindGenerationMin=60.0
I:WindGenerationMinY=24

So ... what am I missing that this turbine isn't creating it's apparent max of 240 RF/t? Is that discrepance used to power the turbine's rotor? Or do thoe numbers not actually translate directly to RF?

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I just experienced the oddest quirk: I logged into my single player map ... and noticed that all my researchpoints from Thaumcraft are gone. I am back to the 6 primals when I open my research table, though without even any points for any besides 1 ordo and 1 terra... annoyingly enough, all items still count as scanned, so I can't even get back all the aspects I lost. The research I made also stayed where it was, so I only, for some reason, lost all my research points. Some googling showed me that this could happen after updating Thaumcraft versions, but I did no such thing.

Edit: Used /thaumcraft aspect [playername] [aspect] [#] to get myself some primals again ... I'll just combine them again for now.

If you've got the Deconstruction Table, try dumping a stack of crafting tables on it. I think Wool is also good. Fabrico contains virtually every primal, and should get you a good base supply for cheap.

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got the Deconstruction Table, try dumping a stack of crafting tables on it. I think Wool is also good. Fabrico contains virtually every primal, and should get you a good base supply for cheap.

Heh, know what? This glitch showed me that I haven't had that table unlocked. Here I am, with a thaumium capped silverwood wand and almost all the regular research done, as well as the Thaumcraft eldrich tab up to primal staff ... but I never even touched the deconstruction table. I already have a whisperweed, so I don't think I have the patience to setup something as efficient with deconstruction tables. Also as to what is good to use in those tables: Everything that has either instrumentum or fabrico in it. So wool and crafting tables obviously, but flint (or bronze) would work as well. I think greatwood logs are a good choice too. Not as complex as fabrico and instrumentum, but it does contain all the primals if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Oh by the way, here is an exhaustive list of what powers the witchery altar. Not sure if it has been posted already, but I have only read maybe 200 pages of this thread yet, still trying to catch up to the rest.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yYsLU-07vTtWRfWT2QAh070MAnJGzfu4oX4shcl74ys/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Heh, know what? This glitch showed me that I haven't had that table unlocked. Here I am, with a thaumium capped silverwood wand and almost all the regular research done, as well as the Thaumcraft eldrich tab up to primal staff ... but I never even touched the deconstruction table. I already have a whisperweed, so I don't think I have the patience to setup something as efficient with deconstruction tables. Also as to what is good to use in those tables: Everything that has either instrumentum or fabrico in it. So wool and crafting tables obviously, but flint (or bronze) would work as well. I think greatwood logs are a good choice too. Not as complex as fabrico and instrumentum, but it does contain all the primals if I'm not mistaken.

Major reason for using crafting tables and/or wool is that they are cheap and stack. Instrumentum is good, but most of the things that contain it don't stack (being tools with inherent durability stats). Flint is limited by gravel, and bronze is more useful as a material (especially if you're doing anything with Forestry - sheesh!) Crafting tables can be made quickly if you have a decent tree farm (or even a 2x2 Fir tree that you hack down once in a while), and wool can be made with cotton, spider string, or sheep, with the first two options being slightly cheaper than the sheep version (no shears needed).

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
Major reason for using crafting tables and/or wool is that they are cheap and stack. Instrumentum is good, but most of the things that contain it don't stack (being tools with inherent durability stats). Flint is limited by gravel, and bronze is more useful as a material (especially if you're doing anything with Forestry - sheesh!) Crafting tables can be made quickly if you have a decent tree farm (or even a 2x2 Fir tree that you hack down once in a while), and wool can be made with cotton, spider string, or sheep, with the first two options being slightly cheaper than the sheep version (no shears needed).

You're right, crafting tables or wool are a lot easier to set up ... but I am still left wondering, how does a deconstruction table fueled that way compare to 1 whisperweed, which I periodically feed some mana form my greater ring of mana (which in turn is slowly being filled by a ring of greater aura)?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Crafting tables would probably be more economic. As the recipy has been made super cheap. In the past one stack of logs made one stack of tables (1log=4planks=1crafting table). Now it makes 4 (1log=4planks+hatchet(reusable)=4crafting tables. For some reason they don't want to give me much ordo though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
You're right, crafting tables or wool are a lot easier to set up ... but I am still left wondering, how does a deconstruction table fueled that way compare to 1 whisperweed, which I periodically feed some mana form my greater ring of mana (which in turn is slowly being filled by a ring of greater aura)?

Deconstruction tables suck because they can't be automated. You need to click on them to get the aspect. Inversely, whisperweed is so good it's practically a cheat. 1-5 aspects every 15 seconds or something and you just have to be in the general area. I set them up around my main crafting area and I never have to worry about aspects. The warp is actually good because it's all temporary but counts towards the eldritch revelation. You can soap it away.

If you haven't done it already, you should set up some endoflames to consume coal or charcoal from an automated farm and then take that mana and feed it not only to your Whisperweed, but an Euclidaisy as well. The later seems to generate an ethereal essence every 10-15 seconds or so. I have five set up near my thaumitorium with a golem chucking them into the furnace (I think if you slap an entropy upgrade in them, they'll ignore NTB data so you can direct him to just pick up essences). I basically always have a full stock of essentia unless i am doing some heavy infusions - with all left over going to an essentia crystalizer and then to an array of storage drawers. I checked it out today and I had over 6,000 crystalized auram :eek:

When you factor in the livingwood wand, Forbidden Magic's Botania items really makes getting started on Thaumcraft super easy. Maybe too easy. I kind of think the same thing about Arcane Arteries and Blood Magic. It makes getting started on Blood Magic trivial. You can have a tier 3 altar set up in under an hour.

Reactions: Draconicrose