[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
Deconstruction tables suck because they can't be automated. You need to click on them to get the aspect. Inversely, whisperweed is so good it's practically a cheat. 1-5 aspects every 15 seconds or something and you just have to be in the general area. I set them up around my main crafting area and I never have to worry about aspects. The warp is actually good because it's all temporary but counts towards the eldritch revelation. You can soap it away.

If you haven't done it already, you should set up some endoflames to consume coal or charcoal from an automated farm and then take that mana and feed it not only to your Whisperweed, but an Euclidaisy as well. The later seems to generate an ethereal essence every 10-15 seconds or so. I have five set up near my thaumitorium with a golem chucking them into the furnace (I think if you slap an entropy upgrade in them, they'll ignore NTB data so you can direct him to just pick up essences). I basically always have a full stock of essentia unless i am doing some heavy infusions - with all left over going to an essentia crystalizer and then to an array of storage drawers. I checked it out today and I had over 6,000 crystalized auram :eek:

When you factor in the livingwood wand, Forbidden Magic's Botania items really makes getting started on Thaumcraft super easy. Maybe too easy. I kind of think the same thing about Arcane Arteries and Blood Magic. It makes getting started on Blood Magic trivial. You can have a tier 3 altar set up in under an hour.

I definitely remember that some rare instances of warp from the whisperweed was permanent. Might be rare, but it happened to me at least once or twice. I just reached a point at which I need no research points anyay though. I finished every research that is not gated by the primordial pearl. At least to my knowledge, could be that Automagy has some more surprises left in store for me, since it seems to do a lot more with gating it's progression behind scanning what it offers. I had a setup of 9 endoflames which I fed coal blocks every now and then, but recently I ripped apart my base, dug up a 6*6 chunk area for a proper base and just started cleaning up the several working places.

My farm is now 4 chunks large with 4*4 patches for most plants, some get more ... like netherwart (excellent source for praecantatio thanks to forbidden magic.
My witchery area is another 4 chunk large platform with dirt on it, on which I experimented with the different Botania pasture seeds for some neat varying grass colours. The altar has a bit more than 12k power already, now I just need to full the chalice and make a pentacle. (I had a setup consisting of 3 enslaved Hobgoblins, 2 or 3 golems, an infernal furnace and 2 magic mirrors which was effectively an infinite koboldite farm ... and, by accident, a neat passive experience farm. (Though the brain in a jar caps out at enough EXP to get a bit over level 40 up from 0)

I am also hoping to get AE2 going so that I can get rid of my mess of chests. It got so bad that I managed to lose a white bag ... I have 6 binnie core compartments and 7 enhanced inventory chests ... I have a vague system of what I put where, but it's still a huge mess.

... but before I get stuck trying to describe everything via text ... I just threw together a quick album showing off my base.

http://imgur.com/a/4cjZt

The only thing I haven't mentioned is that I will likely dig away a 9*9*9 area for some mariculture fishing. Breeding in general is something I didn't do much off. Just watched some modest queens&drones make parched combs and bred maybe 2 or 3 generations of fish.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Deconstruction tables do require a lot of clicking.

There's also the think tank (that's thaumic escoteria right? ) which should be automatable by golems. Unfortunately the area around it can't be obstructed. Golems might work assuming they can interact with its inventories.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
Deconstruction tables do require a lot of clicking.

There's also the think tank (that's thaumic escoteria right? ) which should be automatable by golems. Unfortunately the area around it can't be obstructed. Golems might work assuming they can interact with its inventories.

I made one of those and tested it. The conversion rate from books to fragments is a bit on the low end, so due to a lack of automation I stashed it away. I think I put about ... 50 books in there and got roughly 7 or 8 fragments from it. This would be a lot more attractive if I had any means of automation set up, but that's a thing for the future.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
No wood farm yet? All you need is cotton, sugarcane and a tree farm to automate books. All should be doable with golems. Even the autocrafting now that I think of it Automagi has a golem crafting table.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I made one of those and tested it. The conversion rate from books to fragments is a bit on the low end, so due to a lack of automation I stashed it away. I think I put about ... 50 books in there and got roughly 7 or 8 fragments from it. This would be a lot more attractive if I had any means of automation set up, but that's a thing for the future.

If you want a source for fragments, try and get yourself an Apiarist Villager and trade for Monastic bees. The Scholarly line spits out Lore fragments that you can craft as a 2x2 into Knowledge Fragments.

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
No wood farm yet? All you need is cotton, sugarcane and a tree farm to automate books. All should be doable with golems. Even the autocrafting now that I think of it Automagi has a golem crafting table.

Yeah, I have nearly nothing automated, except for some ultimate logistical pipes and a sorter from mekanism to feed my infernal furnace automatically. I just made myself a dozen thaumium golems and will now slowly start making the necessary cores. I also think it might be possible without the golem workbench. I was thinking about slapping a super crafting frame on a hungry chest, let it be filled by golems with the stuff I need for books. Then set a golem on the side of that chest and place another hungry chest beneath that golem. I think that should work. ... then again I just checked and a jar full of fabrico is easy enough to get.

If you want a source for fragments, try and get yourself an Apiarist Villager and trade for Monastic bees. The Scholarly line spits out Lore fragments that you can craft as a 2x2 into Knowledge Fragments.

As nice as this sounds, I am struggling a bit to get a grip on Forestry and bees. I did experiment a bit with the bee house, but the wasteland biome doesn't seem to fit very many species of bees. Maybe I should build a little transit system to make the way to the nearby ocean faster. I did just make 2 villager eggs. I will go and start a small village soon.

Last edited:

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
As nice as this sounds, I am struggling a bit to get a grip on Forestry and bees. I did experiment a bit with the bee house, but the wasteland biome doesn't seem to fit very many species of bees. Maybe I should build a little transit system to make the way to the nearby ocean faster.

i believe the magic beeline likes deserts, so the wasteland should be perfect. i don't understand where you would get the patience to do bees without gendustry though.

if you want knowlegde fragments i would advice to just wait until you can go to the outer lands, there are tons of them over there.
the thinktank is also nice for small amounts, but it cant be automated. i tried it with the botania red stringed container, but you cant push or pull any items in or out of it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
As nice as this sounds, I am struggling a bit to get a grip on Forestry and bees. I did experiment a bit with the bee house, but the wasteland biome doesn't seem to fit very many species of bees. Maybe I should build a little transit system to make the way to the nearby ocean faster. I did just make 2 villager eggs. I will go and start a small village soon.

Hot and Arid is just fine for that line. Magical Forest will get you another set of species. I hadn't quite gotten to the genetics equipment before the 0.8 update, but there is gene extraction and whatnot in another mod - just not Gendustry.

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
i believe the magic beeline likes deserts, so the wasteland should be perfect. i don't understand where you would get the patience to do bees without gendustry though.

if you want knowlegde fragments i would advice to just wait until you can go to the outer lands, there are tons of them over there.
the thinktank is also nice for small amounts, but it cant be automated. i tried it with the botania red stringed container, but you cant push or pull any items in or out of it.

Heh, well ... a lack of patience is why I barely touched Forestry at all. I have mostly dabbled with the mods I am familiar with. I have, in the past, played through all of Thaumcraft 4.2 for example. I am also somewhat familiar with witchery and then there's a rudimentary knowledge of Botania and AE2. Most everything else is mostly an unknown factor to me. So I'll just have to get myself more aquainted with those. I could easily use magic bees to get some better frames for specific effects I guess. ... and as far as gendustry is concerned, I only know it exists because there are a couple hqm quests about it in Agrarian Skies 2.

Hot and Arid is just fine for that line. Magical Forest will get you another set of species. I hadn't quite gotten to the genetics equipment before the 0.8 update, but there is gene extraction and whatnot in another mod - just not Gendustry.

I don't quite understand what you mean by the magical forest getting me another set of species ... since I would do the terraforming via rituals or planting silverwood trees. So no new hives would spawn. Do you mean that said forest would get me an acceptable biome for the bees if I make a modest hive and cycle it through the Botania mana pool?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I don't quite understand what you mean by the magical forest getting me another set of species ... since I would do the terraforming via rituals or planting silverwood trees. So no new hives would spawn. Do you mean that said forest would get me an acceptable biome for the bees if I make a modest hive and cycle it through the Botania mana pool?

Magical Forest is (like other Forest biomes) Normal temperature and Normal humidity. So, yes - it will open up the possibility of quite a few extra species.

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
Magical Forest is (like other Forest biomes) Normal temperature and Normal humidity. So, yes - it will open up the possibility of quite a few extra species.

Ah that's just perfect. I just made myself the thaumium grafter and am about to add some repair enchants. On top of that I quite like the colour scheme the magical forest provides. Thanks for the hint.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019

Have you tried golems on the think tank? Or do they not interact either?

Masterpandabear

Jul 29, 2019
....Different topic: I just placed a Mekanism Wind Turbine at the max. build height and notice it only puts out 192 RF/t, but the config mentions the following:

D:WindGenerationMax=240.0
I:WindGenerationMaxY=255
D:WindGenerationMin=60.0
I:WindGenerationMinY=24

So ... what am I missing that this turbine isn't creating it's apparent max of 240 RF/t? Is that discrepance used to power the turbine's rotor? Or do thoe numbers not actually translate directly to RF?

I believe the 192 output means the maximum rate that it outputs energy , as in the rate of transferring the energy into whatever it is next to it, that number does not show the energy being generated, i think that is the middle number in the turbine GUI.

G

Gingii Phoenix

Struggling like hell with the "Meltdown" Quest in: 11. The way the world feels. Can't find any recipe / any indication as to how im supposed to craft a Crucible of souls. Nothing online seems to give any help either. And the Quest book gives no helpful advice either.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Playing my new world, 0.9.1, and cant get nature seeds to 10,10,10. They're stuck at 10,10,7. Anyone else experience this?

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the 192 output means the maximum rate that it outputs energy , as in the rate of transferring the energy into whatever it is next to it, that number does not show the energy being generated, i think that is the middle number in the turbine GUI.

That would mean it's even odder, since I remember said middle number being around 92 or something. I'll have to check on that, but it was definitely below 100.

Edit: My windmills show the following stats - 96.0 RF - Power: 96 - Out: 192 RF/t ... so apparently the cap is 92, but I see no 92 or the like in the configs. Am I missing some multiplier in some other part of the config?

Struggling like hell with the "Meltdown" Quest in: 11. The way the world feels. Can't find any recipe / any indication as to how im supposed to craft a Crucible of souls. Nothing online seems to give any help either. And the Quest book gives no helpful advice either.

You can find that one in the tab Thaumic Esoterica. Not sure which prerequisites it has, but due to it's nature I think liquid death might be necessary to research beforehand. Quite a number of recipes that are shown in the Thaumonomicon are not visible in NEI at all. The best you can do is do more research.

Edit: Just checked and from what I can see you would want ot dabble with artifice and alchemy a bit. That should eventually get you a way to said crucible.

Playing my new world, 0.9.1, and cant get nature seeds to 10,10,10. They're stuck at 10,10,7. Anyone else experience this?

I managed to get all my seeds to a solid ten without a hitch, though sometimes the seeds are a bit stubborn and you need to add a couple more cross crops. Though to increase the chance for higher stats on mutations, chose a 2*2 spot, place 2 nature seeds diagonally to each other and wait until they are mature, then place cross crops on the other diagonal.

Last edited:

Masterpandabear

Jul 29, 2019
That would mean it's even odder, since I remember said middle number being around 92 or something. I'll have to check on that, but it was definitely below 100.

Edit: My windmills show the following stats - 96.0 RF - Power: 96 - Out: 192 RF/t ... so apparently the cap is 92, but I see no 92 or the like in the configs. Am I missing some multiplier in some other part of the config?

If memory serves me well, the wind turbine power generation is linear with the y level, so if you are at y = 200 they should be generating around 200 j/t (the mekanism energy unit) and i am pretty sure the conversion from j to rf is not in a 1:1 ratio (your missing multiplier). I think there is an option in the config that sets in what energy units the mekanism generators express when you use their GUI, you could try setting it to j to check if the turbines are working properly.

Edit: According to the mekanism wiki, 1 j = 0.4 rf. So 92 rf = 230 j.

Last edited:

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
If memory serves me well, the wind turbine power generation is linear with the y level, so if you are at y = 200 they should be generating around 200 j/t (the mekanism energy unit) and i am pretty sure the conversion from j to rf is not in a 1:1 ratio (your missing multiplier). I think there is an option in the config that sets in what energy units the mekanism generators express when you use their GUI, you could try setting it to j to check if the turbines are working properly.

Edit: According to the mekanism wiki, 1 j = 0.4 rf. So 92 rf = 230 j.

Ah, ok then. According to this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2k8llp/mekanism_joules_to_te_redstone_flux/ ... my two turbines each generate 240 joule. (I just flew up to my turbines and noticed they actually produce 96 instead of 92 RF)

Edit: On an unrelated note, I seem to have inadvertedly caused a duplication glitch. I used to have 1 greater band of mana, but now I have 3. If I recall correctly I noticed this every time I tried to drop my ring directly out of the baubles inventory screen into a mana pool.

Edit #2: I just ran into a problem with my thermal lily setup.

http://imgur.com/UkYIUhl

Below the floodgate are 4 everburn urns feeding into it and I do hear the sound of the thermals siphoning away the mana. They even smoke ... but no mana seems to be transported. At the beginning it worked fine ... then it stopped after a while.

Edit #3: Looks like I solved it. Seems as if I placed way too many lilies. Cut it down to 8 and it seems to work now. ... or maybe it was just the rather long cooldown messing things up.Not sure how I could add a timed redstone signal to the floodgate.

Last edited: