[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

PhoenixMage

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to move on from BC pipes and into Mek ASAP so never really hit speed issues.

I am tossing up at the moment trying to start up the fusion reactor I have waiting...

Reactions: RehabOholic

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a BC pipes that is faster than the Wooden Transport pipe? I am trying to pull items from a chest and it is slow and backs up.

Thanks. I just tried an emerald pipe, and it doesn't seem to work with a gate set to pulse. I placed 3 gates on a wooden pipe and it sped up a good bit. I would have to redo a great deal in order to fit engines in, so this seems to be ok for now, at least until I can craft Mek pipes. I really miss EnderIO conduits.. It's just nice to keep things nice and neat.lol Thanks again for the help.
You need to add items to the emerald pipes filter, or switch it to an empty blacklist. It defaults to an empty whitelist, which means "allow no items".

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a BC pipes that is faster than the Wooden Transport pipe? I am trying to pull items from a chest and it is slow and backs up.

Thanks. I just tried an emerald pipe, and it doesn't seem to work with a gate set to pulse. I placed 3 gates on a wooden pipe and it sped up a good bit. I would have to redo a great deal in order to fit engines in, so this seems to be ok for now, at least until I can craft Mek pipes. I really miss EnderIO conduits.. It's just nice to keep things nice and neat.lol Thanks again for the help.

Buildcraft pipes can pull something like four stacks of items in one go from a container, but the key is that it needs to have enough energy in it's internal battery to do so. It checks something like every 8 server ticks and then will pull something like 1 item from a stack for every 10 energy stored in the pipe's internal battery. I'd have to go and look at the code again to be sure, but I believe the energy pulsar pretty much puts out 10 RF during that time period, so it can pull 1 item ever 10 server ticks, but it takes the wooden engine 14 or so server ticks to pull the same item.

I don't think this pack has any RF storage blocks like energy cells, but in packs that do, you can feed a kinesis pipe to an energy cell device like a Thermal Expansion "Redstone Energy Cell" and the pipe will output it's max items per tick update so long as the cell has power left in it.

You could also put 4 combustion engines on a pipe and it will do the same thing, basically extract four full stacks every 8 to 16 server ticks.

Unfortunately(??) Buildcraft wasn't designed to be compact. I do suppose that's part of what makes it neat to look at though.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft pipes can pull something like four stacks of items in one go from a container, but the key is that it needs to have enough energy in it's internal battery to do so. It checks something like every 8 server ticks and then will pull something like 1 item from a stack for every 10 energy stored in the pipe's internal battery. I'd have to go and look at the code again to be sure, but I believe the energy pulsar pretty much puts out 10 RF during that time period, so it can pull 1 item ever 10 server ticks, but it takes the wooden engine 14 or so server ticks to pull the same item.

I don't think this pack has any RF storage blocks like energy cells, but in packs that do, you can feed a kinesis pipe to an energy cell device like a Thermal Expansion "Redstone Energy Cell" and the pipe will output it's max items per tick update so long as the cell has power left in it.

You could also put 4 combustion engines on a pipe and it will do the same thing, basically extract four full stacks every 8 to 16 server ticks.

Unfortunately(??) Buildcraft wasn't designed to be compact. I do suppose that's part of what makes it neat to look at though.
Perhaps the Mek energy cube would work for this? Have not tried it, but it could be a solution.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
What are some of your guys/gals thoughts on a good tinkers crossbow? I'm use to crafting them with level's in mind(Leveling the tool up), so I am really bad at making, well any tool that is.lol Actually any good tool combination would be a great help. Or are you guys using other tools/weapons from a different mod other than tinkers?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't the usual configuration slime crystal limbs thaumium body, paper binding and flamestring for the well... string.
I very seldom build crossbows so I forget if they need a binding.
But usually you load it with redstone until you reach that drawspeed cap and put your durability extender of choice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Isn't the usual configuration slime crystal limbs thaumium body, paper binding and flamestring for the well... string.
I very seldom build crossbows so I forget if they need a binding.
But usually you load it with redstone until you reach that drawspeed cap and put your durability extender of choice.

Nice thing about this pack is that you can replace parts if you find that a particular material is better.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
i finally figured out the gate of the voidwalker. Apparently it will only work with a sinister node, even though any node will form the multiblock, drain the vis, and activate the particle effects.
maybe add this information to the quest, as it was not mentioned in the thaumonomicon or anywhere on the internet.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Has that elven lore Botania quest not been fixed yet?
If it's unresolvable they might want to remove the Botania book portion if the quest. I mean OpBook is a solution but its pretty janky to make players cheat as a nessesity.
Also why isn't there a line of quests leading you through botania generation?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Has that elven lore Botania quest not been fixed yet?
If it's unresolvable they might want to remove the Botania book portion if the quest. I mean OpBook is a solution but its pretty janky to make players cheat as a nessesity.
Also why isn't there a line of quests leading you through botania generation?

Not fixed yet, but it is listed as being fixed in the next version, along with a couple of other quests with similar issues.

donniedarko5555

Jul 29, 2019
I started earlier today, but how do i make chests? My inventory is so full, i have to drop valueables to do quests...
I had to repeat the breeding like 20 times befort I got a belladonna seed mutation. I also derped on the sugar cane, took me 10 iterations before I remembered sugar cane needs sand... Did something similar trying to breed cactus for enough green to get enough mutandis to get a mushroom for that mycelium quest. The poppy seed you need required UNTILLED garden soil I tried 10 times on normal dirt and another 10 on tilled garden soil...

Yeah, Agricraft breeding is both awesome and utterly tedious.
It's utterly painful without the ext utils watering can.
Not doing the life of the world until I get a decent growth tic accelerator.
Babysitting seedlings is not a great way to pass time.

Is there any good early game tic accelerators? I did life of the world by just having massive fields and letting the crops do their thing while I did other things

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
There are no good early game manual ones for crop growth. But Agricraft Sprinklers do accelerate growth a little bit.
Thankfully weeds are turned off so you don't really have to baby sit as much. Still a lot of waiting though.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I can't turn in Lean, Mean, Green Machine!

I have 16 Bio Fuel, a Bio-Generator, both detection tasks are complete, but I can't turn in the quest. Any ideas?

*D'oh* I didn't have inventory space for all 4 generators that I got as rewards! I assumed they'd stack.

E

Eatthatmuffin

I've been playing for awhile and ended up dying with a yellow backpack full of miscellaneous things and when I retrieved my stuff it was empty. Is this a bug..? if so then I'd love to see it fixed but if not that feature is ridiculous.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing for awhile and ended up dying with a yellow backpack full of miscellaneous things and when I retrieved my stuff it was empty. Is this a bug..? if so then I'd love to see it fixed but if not that feature is ridiculous.
When you die, anything that is in a bag, backpack, or knapsack comes out. It isn't lost, just spilled on the ground like your armor, rings , and everything else. Bit of a pain if your inventory is full and you have a couple of bags full of stuff. I usually carry a chest on my corpse runs for just that situation.

donniedarko5555

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently running out of hunger while standing afk ingame. Not sure what changed but I can tell you from the amount of afking I've done that this is definitely new. Is there a setting i might've changed or was this a recent update to the pack?

edit: it appears to have fixed itself since I've died. I think that there was a bug involving the hunger debuff sticking around after the effect should've ended

Last edited:
Reactions: An0nymuS