[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
About the pack, is there anything that has a right click function? Or has anyone semi-auto/full the Horns from Botania? Or am I stuck until Thaumcraft? I know about Forestry farms, but I am still aways from them, and don't really care for them other than using them for trees.

Some of the horns can be converted to drums, which in turn can be triggered by redstone mana spreaders (there is a later drum that will auto-milk cows if you leave an empty bucket near one). For the leaves a muchdew would be a good idea instead, as it can supply the little mana needed for the drums (and probably an agricarnation or two). Unfortunately its range is not the best, so may need to experiment on taller trees.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I understand.To my knowledge the change was made when people complained about people either over using(Server issues)/not using anything else. But yeah I see what your saying completely.

With regard to server issues, I can fully understand a server admin choosing to implement decay through the config (and in the case of Hydro-towers, which involve flowing water, that would probably be necessary.) Having the config in place allowed that decision to be made, and the end-users could take it up with their particular server-admins if they didn't like the decision. I was fine with 'configurable decay', because (as someone playing on a one-person setup) I was the only one to suffer if I turned it off and abused the system.

Although I will say that passive decay was pretty useful in getting a Dead Bush for those bees that required it. :D

Reactions: Draconicrose

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see a picture of your setup? Are you using 32 engines or? I am using 6 industrial engines mounted on the side too, but I have emerald pipes pumping steam because it wasn't taking up the steam. Do kenisis pipes still blow up if power has no where to go? I have a Iron tank with C. Oil that I toggle on/off because If I'm not using the power. That why I was wondering if there was any other energy storage, because I am still a bit away from Mek. I was going over the recipies for that stuff, and all I could do was shake my head.lol

Here are some pictures of my prototype setup. Going back and testing I did indeed greatly overestimate the number of engines that could be supported. This system will support up to 18 industrial steam engines for ~1440 RF/t.

Alumentum production:
Alumentum.jpg

The Boiler:
Boiler.jpg

And a shot of the engines:
Engines.jpg
The red pipe wire is not connected to anything. The only reason it is there is so the gates can be configured "Red pipe wire signal off -> redstone on"

Last edited:
Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Here are some pictures of my prototype setup. Going back and testing I did indeed greatly overestimate the number of engines that could be supported. This system will support up to 18 industrial steam engines for ~1440 RF/t.

Alumentum production:
View attachment 26310

The Boiler:
View attachment 26312

And a shot of the engines:
View attachment 26314
The red pipe wire is not connected to anything. The only reason it is there is so the gates can be configured "Red pipe wire signal off -> redstone on"

That's looks good. Mine only has 6 engines, and is running off of creosote oil. I'm assuming the oil is the worst fuel I can run in it, but that is what I have almost an endless supply of. I'm not sure if that will run that many engines or not. I do like the Thuamcraft setup and will try and use it going by the picture you posted. I just unlocked the first few quest for that mod last night and spent the better part of 3 hours building structure for it.lol I let my small Botania tree farm run for days and used every piece and then some.

I wish the Botania item that gave you flight wasn't nerfed(or so I read) it would have made building a lot less frustrating:) Oh-well. Thanks again for the help.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
As far as the Alumentum factory. The three alumentum barrels are ender linked together. The cobble and coal barrels are ender linked to other subsystems that produce them fom essences. There is an additional barrel on the back that pumps coal into the Thaumatorium.

All the barrels use hopper upgrades to pump the items out into the alchemical furnaces and such.

As far as flight, both Thaumcraft and Mariculter offer flight mechanics that aren't too difficult to get to.

Also, Alumentum can be used as fuel for the blast furnace. So once you can make it there is little to no reason to make coal coke unless you need creasote oil for making rails.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
What do you have attached to the wooden electrical pipes? The little red panels.

And is there a better way to power wooden transport and wooden liquid pipes in this pack? i'm stick of putting a wooden engine under each one.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
What do you have attached to the wooden electrical pipes? The little red panels.

And is there a better way to power wooden transport and wooden liquid pipes in this pack? i'm stick of putting a wooden engine under each one.

Red pipe wire I think is what is on the pipes. The BuildCraft Gates with Autarchic upgrade on it will let you set it to pulse and function like the wooden engine.

Oh.. I didn't know BuildCraft Additional Pipes addon was still a thing.. Why you know in pack:( I so want to add it.. I haven't used that mod since the EE2 days and thought it was done also. There's even an addon that has energy buffers that are tiered and have a self-destruct button!! Oh and it adds a laserrrr.. A LASER.. Pew, Pew.lol But yeah, Additional pipes.

Now I am really supersized That mods not in the pack. There seems to be several things that are multi-block in the pack and I just read that that addon adds a Multi-block refinery and a multi-block cooling tower that is needed to make fuel and other fluids as well it says.lol I feel that would be better to have that then the little old refinery that just works.lol

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019

As Rehab0holic said, red pipe wire and gates. Im using them as a fairly expensive lever, but hey, this is regrowth I have no shortage of materials!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Made myself a Forestry farm to harvest my resource crops.
It's incredibly effective, only problem is that at the start it requires roaming the Nether and rileing up pigmen for that pre mekanism salpeter.
Shame im still stuck on BuildCraft pipes because I have a feeling that one day im gonna see a mass of essence pooled up near my drawer controller.
Also why does a tech item require mana lenses, I go to build a lazer for gates and I find that it needs a wrath lense and mana diamonds.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Made myself a Forestry farm to harvest my resource crops.
It's incredibly effective, only problem is that at the start it requires roaming the Nether and rileing up pigmen for that pre mekanism salpeter.
Shame im still stuck on BuildCraft pipes because I have a feeling that one day im gonna see a mass of essence pooled up near my drawer controller.
Also why does a tech item require mana lenses, I go to build a lazer for gates and I find that it needs a wrath lense and mana diamonds.

I'm not sure if void upgrades for the draws will help or not. I would think they would keep items from spilling out of the pipes.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I have had mixed results with that.

Typically what i do is pipe into barrels with void upgrades, the use hopper upgrades in the barrels to pump output into the drawer controller. Never get any spillover that way.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, can't believe I didn't think of that. The pack even has a quest to guide you in to the QOL mods. Mostly storage and esthetic stuff.
Even though I don't have a problem with them yet I will preemptively install them.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, can't believe I didn't think of that. The pack even has a quest to guide you in to the QOL mods. Mostly storage and esthetic stuff.
Even though I don't have a problem with them yet I will preemptively install them.

I use barrels with hopper upgrades quite a bit instead of pipes in the early game. If you only have to go a block, and you dont care about the 64 stack buffer (which could be a good thing depending on what you are doing) its not a bad way to go. Will never drop items into the world, and will only move them when there is room.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Barrels with hopper upgrades? You use them as pipes?
Gonna need a diagram here im not sure what you mean.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hoping someone can sort a question out for me.

I'm trying to complete the dream world quest right now to brew the brew of flowing spirits. Basically I need to create a kettle which requires an uncharged attuned stone, which requires a dragon stone (a mana diamond through the alfheim portal).

I'm at the point where I have all the seeds/essences except for the ender one, up to diamonds. However I can't progress it seems because in order to get the dragon stone I need an ender pearl to make the pylons for the Alfheim portal.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing here? I'm at the point where I'm thinking about starting a massive oyster farm just to see if I can an ender pearl or two to hatch in an oyster (assuming that still works in this version of Mariculture).

How do other people complete this quest?

MrNobodyx3

Jul 29, 2019
How? Endermen don't spawn in the dream world.

Sorry, forgot the dreamworld aspect ^^'

If you want to do it without tricks, i guess osyter farms would be best.

If minor tricks are okay, you can grab some ender pearls in the overworld and put them in a knapsack. Then enter the sleep world again and you still got your knapsack. That's how i used to solve that issue.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Barrels with hopper upgrades? You use them as pipes?
Gonna need a diagram here im not sure what you mean.

I cant provide a picture right now, but a good example is my cobbleworks.

I have barrels for fire and earth essence enderlinked to my farms. These are placed next to an auto-assembler configured to make cobble. A barrel with ender and hopper upgrades is also placed against the assembler, configured to pull the cobble into the barrel. This barrel is what makes cobble available to the rest of my base.

This barrel has several other auto-assemblers next to it to make various things out of cobble. In addition, another side is configured to eject cobble into a furnace to make smooth stone.

The auto-assemblers can pull ingredients from adjacent inventories, but the furnace needs the items piped into it. This setup allows me to use the barrel as an output pipe/hopper for the cobble assembler, ingredient storage for the other assemblers, cobble storage for my entire base, and a "pipe" between the cobble assemblers output and the furnace.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, forgot the dreamworld aspect ^^'

If you want to do it without tricks, i guess osyter farms would be best.

If minor tricks are okay, you can grab some ender pearls in the overworld and put them in a knapsack. Then enter the sleep world again and you still got your knapsack. That's how i used to solve that issue.

In case anyone else wonders about this... It turned out to be faster to just make a band of chordata and then dig up oysters from the bottom of the sea. I think it took something like 14 oysters (just a few minutes of hunting) to find 2 ender pearls that I needed to make the seeds with.

Reactions: OniyaMCD