[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
D

dotmore

What am i doing wrong here? Trying to do This is not Farmville 3 quest

Potato - Empty - Belladona (The middle plot became an Potato seed instead of an Mandrake
Carrot - Empty - Seed (Middle one is Redsand) This one worked once, but not anymore after

http://i.imgur.com/4YN9egZ.png

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019

Potato - Empty - Belladona (The middle plot became an Potato seed instead of an Mandrake
Carrot - Empty - Seed (Middle one is Redsand) This one worked once, but not anymore after

It's completely random you just gotta keep trying also the crops that your cross breeding with must be fully mature

Reactions: wacky444

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019

I had to repeat the breeding like 20 times befort I got a belladonna seed mutation. I also derped on the sugar cane, took me 10 iterations before I remembered sugar cane needs sand... Did something similar trying to breed cactus for enough green to get enough mutandis to get a mushroom for that mycelium quest. The poppy seed you need required UNTILLED garden soil I tried 10 times on normal dirt and another 10 on tilled garden soil...

Yeah, Agricraft breeding is both awesome and utterly tedious.
It's utterly painful without the ext utils watering can.
Not doing the life of the world until I get a decent growth tic accelerator.
Babysitting seedlings is not a great way to pass time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge - Looks like the Compacting Drawers do not recognize that Osmium Blocks, Ingots, and Nuggets are compact-able.

I fixed this by adding the following to misc.zs:

Code:
import mods.storagedrawers.Compaction;
Compaction.add(<Mekanism:BasicBlock:0>, <Mekanism:Ingot:1>, 9);

Reactions: thephoenixlodge

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Can you, as the recipe implies, upgrade a Basic Energy Cube straight to Ultimate, or do you have to upgrade it through the tiers? The ultimate recipe doesn't seem to work with the basic cube. Pack v0.8.8.

PhoenixMage

Jul 29, 2019
Can you, as the recipe implies, upgrade a Basic Energy Cube straight to Ultimate, or do you have to upgrade it through the tiers? The ultimate recipe doesn't seem to work with the basic cube. Pack v0.8.8.
No you have to build each successive cube. Glad I had AE automated assembling deployed for some of those tasks, though you have to build the ingredients for the crafting task then make it in a crafting table in order to trigger a crafting quest.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Besides the Energy Cubes from Mek is there any other energy storage? Also, I have constructed a Steam boiler for the first time ever, and was wonder what criteria makes it go boom? I made a 3x3x4 liquid firebox with high pressure tanks, and it is making me VERY nervous!! I setup the small (Solid fuel with 1 low pressure tank, and I didn't know that the water wasn't pipping in for some reason and it made a sizable hole.lol
Unfortunately all the videos I have watched on them are several years old, and I did read (After I had already crafted everything) That High pressure isn't even worth making anymore because of how much fuel it uses and how long it takes to heat up, but that's all I have figured out. Thanks for any help, Happy gaming

PhoenixMage

Jul 29, 2019
Besides the Energy Cubes from Mek is there any other energy storage? Also, I have constructed a Steam boiler for the first time ever, and was wonder what criteria makes it go boom? I made a 3x3x4 liquid firebox with high pressure tanks, and it is making me VERY nervous!! I setup the small (Solid fuel with 1 low pressure tank, and I didn't know that the water wasn't pipping in for some reason and it made a sizable hole.lol
Unfortunately all the videos I have watched on them are several years old, and I did read (After I had already crafted everything) That High pressure isn't even worth making anymore because of how much fuel it uses and how long it takes to heat up, but that's all I have figured out. Thanks for any help, Happy gaming

Not sure about the steam boiler, moved to mekanism power gen as soon as I could, biomass generators using pumpkin seeds as its by far the best rate of return on a 10/10/10 pumpkin patch. 4 pumpkins per plot, 4 seeds per pumpkin means 32 biofuel per plot. From there I went gas-powered.

Reactions: RehabOholic
J

Jasage

The Steam Boiler will go boom if it runs out of water and then u pump water back into it while it's still hot!!
I had that happen to me from my pump eating my infinite water sources, i was wondering why my steam was going down when i found my 3x1 water source empty. I added 1 bucket of water and 2 secs later BOOM, The explosion took out half of the boiler, half of my steam oven (for making charcoal), half of my iron tank and a quarter of my coke oven. I made sure to make my infinite water source 3x3 after that!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Since everything is infinite once you get set up, who cares about the efficiency of the boiler?

I use a max size (3x4x3) HP boiler, with a solid fueled firebox, and use Alumentum for fuel. The Alumentum is auto crafted from excess coal, fire essence, and earth essence from my farms, and is used to fuel just about everything in my base.

For water, I use an emerald fluid pipe with auchtaric gate pumping water out of an everful urn buried under the boiler. Keeps up just fine, never have to worry about the water running out for any reason, and its quite compact.

My industrial steam engines are mounted directly to the boiler (no pipes) and get their redstone signal via a gate mounted on the kenesis pipe the engine is outputting to.

This setup easily supports 32 engines for 2560 RF/t, and is maintenance free.

EDIT - And now I have started using AcademyCraft to start teleporting that power around my base. Lowest tier academycraft setup will transfer 240 RF/t up to 48 blocks wirelessly!

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Since everything is infinite once you get set up, who cares about the efficiency of the boiler?

I use a max size (3x4x3) HP boiler, with a solid fueled firebox, and use Alumentum for fuel. The Alumentum is auto crafted from excess coal, fire essence, and earth essence from my farms, and is used to fuel just about everything in my base.

For water, I use an emerald fluid pipe with auchtaric gate pumping water out of an everful urn buried under the boiler. Keeps up just fine, never have to worry about the water running out for any reason, and its quite compact.

My industrial steam engines are mounted directly to the boiler (no pipes) and get their redstine signal via a gate mounted on the kenesis pipe the engine is outputting to.

This setup easily supports 32 engines for 2560 RF/t.

I would like to see a picture of your setup? Are you using 32 engines or? I am using 6 industrial engines mounted on the side too, but I have emerald pipes pumping steam because it wasn't taking up the steam. Do kenisis pipes still blow up if power has no where to go? I have a Iron tank with C. Oil that I toggle on/off because If I'm not using the power. That why I was wondering if there was any other energy storage, because I am still a bit away from Mek. I was going over the recipies for that stuff, and all I could do was shake my head.lol

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see a picture of your setup? Are you using 32 engines or? I am using 6 industrial engines mounted on the side too, but I have emerald pipes pumping steam because it wasn't taking up the steam. Do kenisis pipes still blow up if power has no where to go? I have a Iron tank with C. Oil that I toggle on/off because If I'm not using the power. That why I was wondering if there was any other energy storage, because I am still a bit away from Mek. I was going over the recipies for that stuff, and all I could do was shake my head.lol
They do not blow up anymore unless power gets trapped in them IIRC. You do need to make sure to use pipe plugs to prevent power loops. When I get a chance I will post pictures of my prototype setup from my creative world, since everything for that one is all together.

In my actual play world I use Jabba barrels to teleport resources around, so everything is quite spread out.

EDIT - although come to think of it I never measured the power output on the prototype and I dont have max engines in my play world. I now seem to remember that it takes two boiler blocks to power a single industrial engine, so its possible that the max power output may be 1/2 the number quoted... I'll try to remember to check that tonight.

Last edited:

BlueDragon_Ned

Jul 29, 2019
greetings,

I wonder how many covern witches you need to summon an imp for the contract with the binding ritual. The Circle Magic Book speaks of at least one, i have three but the ritual says that i require more coven members to perform this rite... if any one can help me out with this i would be thankfull :)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's not good.. It's sad when some one is forced to say something like this "Added back the config for passive flower decay. I don't care any more. You broke me, you win. Have your config back", and The "LEAVE ME THE #%!& ALONE" update! Powered by the community's Pull Requests and TheWhiteWolves' help. Also the last "official" update. Unless it breaks awfully. In that case there'll be another to fix this one. Hopefully not"...

I for one don't care for the decay, but I wouldn't complain about it to the person that spends and ungodly amount of hours to make a mod! Oh, well.. not much can be done, except hope that people realize that this sort of thing is not right.

Reactions: Draconicrose

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well that's not good.. It's sad when some one is forced to say something like this "Added back the config for passive flower decay. I don't care any more. You broke me, you win. Have your config back", and The "LEAVE ME THE #%!& ALONE" update! Powered by the community's Pull Requests and TheWhiteWolves' help. Also the last "official" update. Unless it breaks awfully. In that case there'll be another to fix this one. Hopefully not"...

I for one don't care for the decay, but I wouldn't complain about it to the person that spends and ungodly amount of hours to make a mod! Oh, well.. not much can be done, except hope that people realize that this sort of thing is not right.

Coming from the software development side of things, while I appreciate the amount of hours that goes into development, there's something to be said about making a change - finding out that the change was not received well and people were working around it - and then reacting to that reception by shutting down the alternatives.

There are people who go through entire modpacks without making more than a stone pick. Maybe because they don't want to cave for iron and prefer to build, maybe because they have a limited supply. Can you imagine what would happen if stone picks were nerfed to the point that they were only useful long enough to get you to an iron pick - say, mining 4 blocks of material per pick?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Coming from the software development side of things, while I appreciate the amount of hours that goes into development, there's something to be said about making a change - finding out that the change was not received well and people were working around it - and then reacting to that reception by shutting down the alternatives.

There are people who go through entire modpacks without making more than a stone pick. Maybe because they don't want to cave for iron and prefer to build, maybe because they have a limited supply. Can you imagine what would happen if stone picks were nerfed to the point that they were only useful long enough to get you to an iron pick - say, mining 4 blocks of material per pick?

I understand.To my knowledge the change was made when people complained about people either over using(Server issues)/not using anything else. But yeah I see what your saying completely.

About the pack, is there anything that has a right click function? Or has anyone semi-auto/full the Horns from Botania? Or am I stuck until Thaumcraft? I know about Forestry farms, but I am still aways from them, and don't really care for them other than using them for trees.