[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at finishing up this update now, and want to make sure I'm not missing any bugs people have found. If you know of any please post them again, but FIRST, make sure they aren't already addressed in the existing changelog (link here for convenience). Again, please post any bugs you know of, but make sure they're not already fixed first.
looks good seems everythings been covered i think

kshoh

Jul 29, 2019
We want moaaar blue slimes. Just kidding :)

Last time I came across to a mean bug. Well mean for me at least. But I don't think it has anything to do with the modpack itself. I think I already read about it on this thread once. I'll call it the botania baubles interchange. So what happened is that I was preparing for the fight against gaia II, so I put some of my baubles in the bauble sash (or whatever its called) and put on others (more fit for a fight). The bug occurred after the fight when I was about to change baubles again. One of my ring had 'transformed' into a greater band of mana. And of course it had to be the most expensive one aka the ring of Odin lol

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
well, i still dont know how to get the gate of the void walker to work, although that might just be me missing something obvious instead of a bug. some more information in the questbook about how to set it up would be helpful.
because the information in the thaumonomicon is insufficient.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at finishing up this update now, and want to make sure I'm not missing any bugs people have found. If you know of any please post them again, but FIRST, make sure they aren't already addressed in the existing changelog (link here for convenience). Again, please post any bugs you know of, but make sure they're not already fixed first.
The list looks OK to me as well. Couple small items though:

May want to add a minor note someplace that Forestry multifarms have become smaller in the 4.x version. Thankfully its not by too much on the smaller ones, but it will be very noticeable on the Large and Very Large configurations. I use the Small one myself for my resource crops, and its not even maxed in width yet (though I may bump it to the Medium Large after the update).

For the page drops, this was affecting the torn pages as well? There was a note where you added this drop to additional mobs, but I almost never saw one drop recently.

Not seen on the list: How fast do imag seeds grow normally? I'm finding it hard to tell if the Agricraft upgrade is affecting it, at least for Growth (this one seems hit-or-miss). Gain is certainly working though. I'm fine if speed will be less for those, just means I'll have a separate (much larger) plot for them. And an excuse to pull the robots back from retirement. :)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The list looks OK to me as well. Couple small items though:

May want to add a minor note someplace that Forestry multifarms have become smaller in the 4.x version. Thankfully its not by too much on the smaller ones, but it will be very noticeable on the Large and Very Large configurations. I use the Small one myself for my resource crops, and its not even maxed in width yet (though I may bump it to the Medium Large after the update).

For the page drops, this was affecting the torn pages as well? There was a note where you added this drop to additional mobs, but I almost never saw one drop recently.

Not seen on the list: How fast do imag seeds grow normally? I'm finding it hard to tell if the Agricraft upgrade is affecting it, at least for Growth (this one seems hit-or-miss). Gain is certainly working though. I'm fine if speed will be less for those, just means I'll have a separate (much larger) plot for them. And an excuse to pull the robots back from retirement. :)
The issue with the map drops was that when I added the torn pages to the list of drops on vanilla skeletons and zombies, I didn't separate the new function from the existing function for the map drops, which resulted in the torn pages taking priority and preventing the maps from dropping at all from those two mobs.
As for IMAG seeds, they are classified exactly the same as the other custom added seeds (nature, cinnabar, amber, rutile).

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Can we not make sticks with wood(Dark Oak), or crafting tables once we get trees/saplings?

Thanks for the info. I just loaded up my game and it works now. I tried several types of wood and nothing would make sticks except the ones we get from dead trees.

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
From memory, crafting tables are only hatchet+plank of any kind (ie no vanilla recipe), but sticks should be the vanilla recipe from any wood.

Reactions: wacky444

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I can make sticks from dark oak planks. As far as crafting tables, there is also a recipe for 2 planks + 2 slabs in addition to the hatchet recipe.

Reactions: wacky444

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Which dimensions are traversable in this pack? I see a long list when I shut down my server, but i dont recognize them all

dimension 0 - Overworld
dimension -1 - Nether
dimension 1 - End
dimension 42
dimension -37
dimension -38
dimension -39

I know that one of those is the Outer Lands, and another is probably the dream world, but that still leaves two more worlds I know nothing about.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Sangumancy adds the soul network dimension. And one of the mods (witchery, sangumancy, blood magic, i dont remember) adds a boss fight that happens in a maze-like dimension with invisible walls. I expect those are the two "mystery" dimensions.

@thephoenixlodge i know the mod list is pretty fixed at this point but I think I have found a bit of a stumbling block in the end game. Item teleportation is possible through various means, and eventually becomes unneeded with AE. But I dont see any way to teleport fluids. (Other than teleporting tanks with teleposers, but that seems... buggy)

I think extracells and thaumic energistics would be great additions. They would be locked out until the end game, but would then allow the player to leverage the AE network for almost all the materials they would need to transport.

Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: RehabOholic

Charlie3470

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, ive run into a bit of a problem, ive just started my game up to find that my save has been deleted and i havent deleted it??? could someone help?

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, ive run into a bit of a problem, ive just started my game up to find that my save has been deleted and i havent deleted it??? could someone help?
Go manually check your ftb folder and see if the savegame is in there. I dont know where your install folder is but on my computer I would check

D:\FTB\Regrowth\minecraft\saves

See if anything in there looks familiar. Report back with what you find.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
How does one run redstone up without having to stagger blocks? I wanted to(If it can be done) setup up Endoflame with a crate, hopper, and better barrel. The red stone to shut off the hopper when the item falls on a pressure plate. It took me an hour sadly to setup just redstone up block in a stair configuration. I just don't know a good deal at how redstone works. I tried to set up Redstone torch, block, torch block, but it just turns on the redstone from the pressure plate. Sorry if this is a dumb question, and I tried for awhile to get a straight pillar just for a clean look, even hopped in a creative world to mess with it and can never get it to work.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
How does one run redstone up without having to stagger blocks? I wanted to(If it can be done) setup up Endoflame with a crate, hopper, and better barrel. The red stone to shut off the hopper when the item falls on a pressure plate. It took me an hour sadly to setup just redstone up block in a stair configuration. I just don't know a good deal at how redstone works. I tried to set up Redstone torch, block, torch block, but it just turns on the redstone from the pressure plate. Sorry if this is a dumb question, and I tried for awhile to get a straight pillar just for a clean look, even hopped in a creative world to mess with it and can never get it to work.

There's those redstone crystal things that one of the mods introduces. Those can go straight up walls, as I remember. And yes, it can be done, but you'll need to figure timing on the Endoflame.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Redcrystal allows you to run it up walls. From the same mod is a redcrystal that will wirelessly transmit redstone signals in a straight line to a matching crystal.

As far as simple and easy, the block and torch approach is the best. Have the redstone signal from the pressure plate run to a block, on top of that block place a RS torch, place another block above the torch, etc. Once you get to the height you want, instead of putting another torch on top, put redstone dust, and use that to run the signal to your hopper.

Just keep in mind that each torch inverts the signal, so if you want the top "on" when the bottom is "on" you must have an even number of torches.

Edit - perhaps if I have the time I will post pictures of my setup. Its a bit more.... complicated. It uses the pressure plate for timing the coal drops, but also monitors the mana pool so it wont drop coal unless it needs to. It shuts off the coal when the mana pool is ~90% full, and doesnt start dropping again until the pool drops below 50%.

Charlie3470

Jul 29, 2019
Go manually check your ftb folder and see if the savegame is in there. I dont know where your install folder is but on my computer I would check

D:\FTB\Regrowth\minecraft\saves

See if anything in there looks familiar. Report back with what you find.
upload_2016-3-15_18-29-47.png

found the save, but when i load the game up, there isnt a save there?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Redcrystal allows you to run it up walls. From the same mod is a redcrystal that will wirelessly transmit redstone signals in a straight line to a matching crystal.

As far as simple and easy, the block and torch approach is the best. Have the redstone signal from the pressure plate run to a block, on top of that block place a RS torch, place another block above the torch, etc. Once you get to the height you want, instead of putting another torch on top, put redstone dust, and use that to run the signal to your hopper.

Just keep in mind that each torch inverts the signal, so if you want the top "on" when the bottom is "on" you must have an even number of torches.

Edit - perhaps if I have the time I will post pictures of my setup. Its a bit more.... complicated. It uses the pressure plate for timing the coal drops, but also monitors the mana pool so it wont drop coal unless it needs to. It shuts off the coal when the mana pool is ~90% full, and doesnt start dropping again until the pool drops below 50%.

Thanks that help. I had the order of torches messed up, and now I'm good with the help you gave. I know of the crystals, but I haven't gotten to Thaumcraft yet(Not far if I remember right). I don't know much at all about comparators, but I do one by a mana pool and it shuts off the hoppers when there full I think. I don't know/understand how to actually pick what level the pool is full. This seems to work so far, but I know there's most likely a better way to do it.

I just have coal dropping on a presser plate that stops anymore from dropping until its used, then a comparator running from a pool to kill the systems when it's full.

donniedarko5555

Jul 29, 2019
I made a new world and got to the Alfheim Portal up and the botania book I recieved back isn't completing the quest

The book in NEI has shows it with alfheim and relic knowledge so I'm assuming I need that version to complete the quest. The 2 schools of knowledge book doesn't show up in NEI or complete the quest

Last edited:

nailfor

Jul 29, 2019
Which dimensions are traversable in this pack? I see a long list when I shut down my server, but i dont recognize them all

dimension 0 - Overworld
dimension -1 - Nether
dimension 1 - End
dimension 42
dimension -37
dimension -38
dimension -39

I know that one of those is the Outer Lands, and another is probably the dream world, but that still leaves two more worlds I know nothing about.
When server is shut down it write log like this
[21:58:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'world'/Overworld
[21:58:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'world'/Nether
[21:58:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'world'/The End
[21:58:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'world'/Soul Network Dimension
[21:58:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'world'/Spirit World
[21:58:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'world'/Torment
[21:58:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'world'/Mirror
[21:58:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'world'/The Outer Lands