[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen this question posted on this thread a couple of times by other people, but no answer...

I just created a Primal Staff and want to put some foci on it for boss fights, but the UI for the foci when I press "f" won't come up. It works fine for my Silverwood Wand. I also have a Sojourner's Transmutative Staff from the quest reward and that doesn't open the UI either (Yes, it's a staff, not a scepter or staff-scepter).

I might be mistaken, but I think you can only use wand foci with wands; the staves and staff-scepters are good for huge rechargeable vis batteries.

Carcass72

Jul 29, 2019
That only works with liquids apparently. I can't get it to extract gas (Hydrogen) from the Gas-Burning Generator...

My bad, I'm sorry. The Gauge Dropper indeed does work for gasses but apparently not in Gas-burning generator. You can empty a full Dropper to it but not in reverse.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
My bad, I'm sorry. The Gauge Dropper indeed does work for gasses but apparently not in Gas-burning generator. You can empty a full Dropper to it but not in reverse.
No worries. I just let my two drain out in refilling my Hydrogen cylinder. Then dug out a hole further back and re-piped in the ethylene from the reward tank for now. Still need to 'wire' in the PRC among the mess - which will mean moving the BC pump one notch down for some pipes. This is all just under the BC Laser 'bank' too (15 of them), so I've got to move one of these systems. Probably the lasers.

I'm strongly thinking of just rebuilding the mess as a giant 'power plant' building, with a large Forestry farm being the roof. :) Probably 21wx21dx14h interior to accommodate (and hide) all the power sources.

kshoh

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there's a good way to find blue slimes? I'm after them right know and went a few night wandering outside without any luck?

kshoh

Jul 29, 2019
Ya they're really rare, since the begining of my play I only found two. I was hoping there would be a recipe for them. But sadly there isn't any.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Don't tinkers picks with slimy tool rods occasionally generate slimes when you mine stone. I seem to remember you sometimes get blue slimes but it would be good if someone else could confirm that.

If you need lots of them, forget it though.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Don't tinkers picks with slimy tool rods occasionally generate slimes when you mine stone. I seem to remember you sometimes get blue slimes but it would be good if someone else could confirm that.

If you need lots of them, forget it though.

According to the TC Wikia, TC tools with the [Slimy] effect in blue will generate blue slimes. If the text is in green, they'll generate green slimes. So, you'd need to nab at least a couple of wild blues in order to get the cycle started.

Green slimes will spawn naturally in slime chunks as per normal Minecraft mechanics.

Reactions: SolManX

Carcass72

Jul 29, 2019
No worries. I just let my two drain out in refilling my Hydrogen cylinder. Then dug out a hole further back and re-piped in the ethylene from the reward tank for now. Still need to 'wire' in the PRC among the mess - which will mean moving the BC pump one notch down for some pipes. This is all just under the BC Laser 'bank' too (15 of them), so I've got to move one of these systems. Probably the lasers.

I'm strongly thinking of just rebuilding the mess as a giant 'power plant' building, with a large Forestry farm being the roof. :) Probably 21wx21dx14h interior to accommodate (and hide) all the power sources.

If you're going to grow plants for power - carrots i guess, you certainly don't need that big farm. Forestry farm is quite expensive (tin), needs infrastructure, water and fertilizer, lot of crafting and some love but very little power and most importantly - it is very powerfull. Even the smallest profile farm will be able to feed dozens of gas-burning generators. The only thing I don't like about Forestry farm is that a tree farm is spawning butterflies and if you left them uncontained, they'll quickly destroy tps of the game.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
That's the thing, I'm shy one slime ball for creating a blue slime crystal :)

blue slimes are rare, but not that rare.
you are bound to have one spawn near you at some point.
just make sure you have a good looting sword ready for when you find one.
a single big slime can drop around 12 slimballs with looting 3 on a tinkers sword.

greenowl77

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have not played regrowth for a while, so I updated it and I see that millenaire is in it now. So, I am assuming that the villages do not just spawn on regrowth, is there a quest or something that you have to do in order to get villages from this mod in survival or do they need to be cheated in? Just curious?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
There's an FAQ on the second post of this thread, which I think is still valid:

- How do I get started with Millenaire?
You need to progress far into Thaumcraft to craft a Wand of Summoning. (Note: Multiplayer worlds seem to not show error messages when using the Wand of Summoning. You will need to flatten a large area first.)
Amadeus99 said:
The config is set at 65 radius, so the villages need a ~131x131 area. So, I used the botania rod to raise the land in a 9 chunk by 9 chunk area. I then used the wand on a gold block and chose the norman military village and it worked for me. This was on a multiplayer server. However, this was on version 0.8.1 of the mod pack. You could try that if you have/can generate a lot of mana.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
The other caveat (aside from being WELL away from your base) is that the gold block be on dirt.

kshoh

Jul 29, 2019
Well I give up. The quest for blue slimes seems cursed for me. I wandered in the wasteland for like two days without any luck. And then I went afk BUT in my gloriousness I forgot to pause the game. So of course I was killed so by bye stuff of mine. And then I was playing around for a bit and saw a malfunction in my water pipe network. Rewired it a bit, of course my boiler was in that network so every thing went boom. I hate you blue slimes, I really do. I'll probably go with green slimes for my crossbow :)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Well I give up. The quest for blue slimes seems cursed for me. I wandered in the wasteland for like two days without any luck. And then I went afk BUT in my gloriousness I forgot to pause the game. So of course I was killed so by bye stuff of mine. And then I was playing around for a bit and saw a malfunction in my water pipe network. Rewired it a bit, of course my boiler was in that network so every thing went boom. I hate you blue slimes, I really do. I'll probably go with green slimes for my crossbow :)

Bad luck. :(

However now you've given up, I'm sure blue slimes will appear much more often. Seems always to be the way.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going to grow plants for power - carrots i guess, you certainly don't need that big farm. Forestry farm is quite expensive (tin), needs infrastructure, water and fertilizer, lot of crafting and some love but very little power and most importantly - it is very powerfull. Even the smallest profile farm will be able to feed dozens of gas-burning generators. The only thing I don't like about Forestry farm is that a tree farm is spawning butterflies and if you left them uncontained, they'll quickly destroy tps of the game.

Actually I used wheat, and already have the base 3x3x4 multifarm in place for some time now. So far only 12 of the plots running 3x10 wheat are more than enough, with surplus to also feed me. Rest of the spots are for various 3x10 resources, that get dropped into 2x2 Drawers with Emerald and Void upgrades on them.

The building is more to consolidate things better with room to grow. And as a proof-of-concept of sorts, for something I had in mind. As for trees, since I have a terra truncator I just pull that out with four saplings and a stack of bonemeal now and then...