[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

A

axel4340

is there any good way to remove lots of water in a closed space? i've built domes under the ocean (really love this bifrost block) and just realized i had no idea how to get rid of all the water...

J

Jasage

is there any good way to remove lots of water in a closed space? i've built domes under the ocean (really love this bifrost block) and just realized i had no idea how to get rid of all the water...
You could try the Mechanized Sponge from mariculture

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
and bloodmagic has a ritual for exactly this purpose. the dome of supresion in combination with the song of evaporation removes water in a dome shape around the rituals.
you could also use a sigil of the dome to move more easily under water
you have to be moderately advanced in blood magic to go this path though

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get the Primordial Pearl needed to summon villages, but before I spend time trying to get high end thaumaturgy, get all the forbidden magiks, then open the eye, go through and finish the bosses there.....

I thought I might ask if there's an easier way.

with thaumcraft, there is no easy way.
you will have to explore one of those giant maze things to get a pearl.

Reactions: seanbrockest

Hikaru-Takemori

Jul 29, 2019

You could also try a pump with a void liquid pipe attached. Not sure how fast that would be, though.

And there is a botania flower, the Bubbell, that creates a dome of air but needs a constant mana supply to keep the water away.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You could also try a pump with a void liquid pipe attached. Not sure how fast that would be, though.

And there is a botania flower, the Bubbell, that creates a dome of air but needs a constant mana supply to keep the water away.

I imagine that once there's no water to flow back into a space, the Bubbell could be removed. So, you could plant one, keep it supplied for long enough to build a wall around the open area, then remove it. Shift to new locations and mop up as needed.

A

axel4340

I imagine that once there's no water to flow back into a space, the Bubbell could be removed. So, you could plant one, keep it supplied for long enough to build a wall around the open area, then remove it. Shift to new locations and mop up as needed.

it'll be some work (does mana travel underwater?) but thats probably my best option since i've not even touched tech mods and i'm not far enough along to be able to use bloodmagic. much better idea then sand that i used in the first dome, thanks both of you.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
it'll be some work (does mana travel underwater?) but thats probably my best option since i've not even touched tech mods and i'm not far enough along to be able to use bloodmagic. much better idea then sand that i used in the first dome, thanks both of you.

Worst case scenario, you can manually create a small air-pocket and use Mana Tablets. If you happen upon a slime chunk (something I ran into a lot building under the ocean), you can make yourself a few Narslimmus and have Mana on-site. (I didn't know about the Bubbell at the time, and used a lot of sand, dirt, and the Ring of Chordata/Diving Helmet combo.)

Carcass72

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I have serious problem with this pack. I allocated 4096MB for it and normally its usage is bellow 2GB. I decided to make sky mob grinder. Started in the middle of ocean, pillaring up using ladders. As soon as I hit Y 192, the memory usage skyrockets. It doesn't matter how much memory I allocate it always use all of it and Minecraft freeze. I already downgraded Railcraft to v9.7 because reported bug with World Anchor but it didn't help. Completely removing the only Anchor I made did't help either. My "base" (just a mess on nice botania grass) is within spawn chunks and only "machines" constantly working are two railcraft water tank muliblocks feeding one agricraft sprinkler and one coalcoke furnace.
The pack is slightly modified - I added AromaBackup and its core mod. Started as SPP v0.9.1, Java1.8.0_073. Unfortunately I have no crashlog as the game is not crashing, just freezing. There's also no significant error before gamelog start spamming "Can't keep up...". Changing and/or removing JVM arguments have no positive effect.
Any help appreciated, thank you in advance.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I have serious problem with this pack. I allocated 4096MB for it and normally its usage is bellow 2GB. I decided to make sky mob grinder. Started in the middle of ocean, pillaring up using ladders. As soon as I hit Y 192, the memory usage skyrockets. It doesn't matter how much memory I allocate it always use all of it and Minecraft freeze. I already downgraded Railcraft to v9.7 because reported bug with World Anchor but it didn't help. Completely removing the only Anchor I made did't help either. My "base" (just a mess on nice botania grass) is within spawn chunks and only "machines" constantly working are two railcraft water tank muliblocks feeding one agricraft sprinkler and one coalcoke furnace.
The pack is slightly modified - I added AromaBackup and its core mod. Started as SPP v0.9.1, Java1.8.0_073. Unfortunately I have no crashlog as the game is not crashing, just freezing. There's also no significant error before gamelog start spamming "Can't keep up...". Changing and/or removing JVM arguments have no positive effect.
AFAIK as soon as you build above Y:128 (that's what I'm remembering, could be very wrong) it's doing double duty on every chunk you have loaded...

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Adding on to what Grimjahk said, topping out just below 128 should give you a decent enough spawn rate. I think graves from the Gravestone mod have an chance of spawning mobs as well, so if you have some lying around, you could potentially make use of them.

Carcass72

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK as soon as you build above Y:128 (that's what I'm remembering, could be very wrong) it's doing double duty on every chunk you have loaded...

I'm not sure either, I created testing world and just flown up and it definitely taxing the memory more than on ground but not twice and not that fast, it fluctuates and Java garbage collection trashing it correctly. In my game, I can stay on Y:191 and be fine, the problem occurs exactly at Y:192 and above which is just weird. It's not mobs either as I switched to peaceful and it is the same. My PC is already bit rusty but I can still play Infinity Evolved with Faithful32 texture pack on Fancy, 12 visibility, full particles and VSync on - 60FPS, lags only at dimension change and chunk generating (which is expected in SPP) not mentioning I have 20x more constantly running machines than in my current game of Regrowth. Even if the world in Regrowth takes twice memory above certain level, it should still be around 4-5GB. But if I give it 2GB it uses 2GB, if I force it 8GB, it eats 8GB and just freeze.

OniyaMCD: Thank you for advice, did't know that but you know what, I'm already old, rusty, slow and lazy and I like to play it my way ;) I never build vanilla flush sky mob grinder before and decided it's 'bout time. No flight, no OP armor, no curse earth, just ton of cobble and redstone, pure oldschool (eh, back in MC Beta I was not that young either ) :) Sorry for OT.

Also I tried removing FastCraft, but it is even worse, definitely FastCraft is not the cause. I know I can shift+F3 ingame to check which subprogram is taking most resources but after the memory reaches about 97% it's so unresponsible (FPS 0) that I'm glad I can kill it from the console. Unfortunately I can't remove mods at my will to find the cause, it will break the scripting system and probably don't even start. I'm aware that the issue is on my game, I was hoping to find somebody with similiar problems.

Edit:
I was able to punch throught MC "histograph" (don't know the right term for it) and it is caused by Tick.GameMode.[?]Unknown. Doubtly usefull...

Last edited:

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Don't remember seeing any advice or notes on this one, but is there a way to remove or purge the existing gas in a Mekanism Gas generator? Waiting for them to empty while converting to Ethelyne is somewhat tiring. :) And I'm still crafting everything by hand.

Carcass72

Jul 29, 2019
Don't remember seeing any advice or notes on this one, but is there a way to remove or purge the existing gas in a Mekanism Gas generator? Waiting for them to empty while converting to Ethelyne is somewhat tiring. :) And I'm still crafting everything by hand.

Yep, It's called Gauge Dropper from Mekanism, you just click it the tank inside GUI of the machine.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
OniyaMCD: Thank you for advice, did't know that but you know what, I'm already old, rusty, slow and lazy and I like to play it my way ;) I never build vanilla flush sky mob grinder before and decided it's 'bout time. No flight, no OP armor, no curse earth, just ton of cobble and redstone, pure oldschool (eh, back in MC Beta I was not that young either ) :) Sorry for OT.

Redstone in a mob grinder? Ton of cobble, some water, and a really long drop! :D (Although now that I think about it, there are mob spawners around the map that you can - abscond with. Spawners count as vanilla, right? ;) )

Carcass72

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone in a mob grinder? Ton of cobble, some water, and a really long drop! :D (Although now that I think about it, there are mob spawners around the map that you can - abscond with. Spawners count as vanilla, right? ;) )

I was going to make multilevel water flush grinder so you need redstone at least for pistons or dispensers and for wiring. But vanilla repeater clock or Etho's Hopperclock needs redstone too;).
Regarding the spawners, I found witchery circle with double witch spawner but was too lazy to build grinder around it, it was quite far. I made a pair of brand new shinny paperboxes from Mekanism and happily went to bring it back. After shocking disappointment I checked configs and indeed... Mekanism config is not the only place where boxing spawners is doomed. It was tempting to just change it but it would feel like cheating. I'm sure there is some mechanic to move them, Botania I guess. For me, it surely take just a couple of weeks/months to get it. Although, the witch spawner is definitely not a vanilla. I rather grab a zombie spawner and eat their crispy dryed brains, I heard it's causing madness but they're sooo tasty. Easier way is just cobblebox any sinister aura node (it's easy to find without TC gear because there is normal weather in biome aroud it), the zombies are just a bit tougher, bigger and smells far away from vanilla. The killing method is a question but they will surely dont like some tightly packed sugarcane :rolleyes:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm sure there is some mechanic to move them, Botania I guess. For me, it surely take just a couple of weeks/months to get it.

There is, without using Botania, and without a whole lot of prep-work - just the right kind of shiny to add to your trusty barrel-mover. NEI will give you details. Also, you can often find zombie spawners under the big strawman things.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Carcass72

Jul 29, 2019
There is, without using Botania, and without a whole lot of prep-work - just the right kind of shiny to add to your trusty barrel-mover. NEI will give you details. Also, you can often find zombie spawners under the big strawman things.

Yeah, I forgot. I'm under influence of IE Expert where barrel-mover recipe is somewhat similiar to Greg-Tech Induction smelter and the right kind of shiny refusing to negotiate with it. I looted about three strawman things early in the game but all of them were under protection of very angry snipers with machineguns. But because I don't like to break spawners other than sixlegged baby annoyances and furry worm-fish-that-eats-stone annoyances I just abandoned them in peace with shiny piece of burning wood on top.

Anyway I did liitle more testing with my memory problem and found it has probably something to do with ocean and entities. In peaceful mode, there is about 60-80 entities around level Y:190 (all squid i guess) and everything is fine. But as soon as I reach Y:192 the entities counter going rapidly wild from zero to 270, forth and back, can't say exactly as it's happening quickly. But I know when I'm at level 192 above flat ocean, there shouldn't be spawning anything as it's above player spawn radius (128 blocks + 64 is the sea level = 192). Technically, mobs are still spawning but they should despawn immediately without registering in debug screen. Are there any sky structures in Regrowth pack? I'm not seeing anything, but with 12 visibily radius and sky fog I probably can't see everything in 128 blocks around.

Mokan

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen this question posted on this thread a couple of times by other people, but no answer...

I just created a Primal Staff and want to put some foci on it for boss fights, but the UI for the foci when I press "f" won't come up. It works fine for my Silverwood Wand. I also have a Sojourner's Transmutative Staff from the quest reward and that doesn't open the UI either (Yes, it's a staff, not a scepter or staff-scepter).