[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

ArmyHeLL07

Jul 29, 2019
This may not have anything at all to do with the price of rice, but I had a similar problem early in the pack ( version 7.4). In my case, it turned out to be a file called level.dat that got emptied/corrupted and that was preventing the world from loading. This file was empty for several saves back, but I did find a file named level.dat.old in the same directory that was not empty. I copied that into level.dat and was able to load again with no apparent losses. I don't see your crash file complaining about level.dat as mine was but it may be something similar.
i tried your method but it didnt work for me :/

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019
Anything weird going on in the FTB Console log? I've had a similar issue where everything else stopped responding but I was able to move around freely and it had to do with some duplicate chunk coordinates dumping a lot of errors to the log to the point which it grew too big to be handled by the HDD at the same time as the client.

No, I checked the console and the log afterwards, there was nothing weird.

But just out of curiosity, what was the error printed?

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
No, I checked the console and the log afterwards, there was nothing weird.

But just out of curiosity, what was the error printed?

The main part which should have given me some thought was: "[16:09:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Wrong location! EntityBat['Bat'/80227, l='Dis', x=396.05, y=42.61, z=-173.19] (at 24, -11 instead of 24, -26)" followed by a lot of I/O spam.

After a power failure, the coordinates of one chunk got duplicated to another and I had to use NBTEdit to fix it. This is the post from when I had the issue.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
why living rock/wood don't update textures? all textures update but this 2 are on old textures... like botania 170 or less... =(

its like this:
LivingBlocks.png

it supose to be like this:
Botania-Mod-11.jpg

lexica botania is all green to... why? how to fix it?

like this(but not in.. japanese? '-'):
14047306633502.png

it supose to be like this:

Botania-Mod-1.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i found the textures... but... what is the point in keep old textures? oO

it's on the folder "Regrowth\minecraft\resources\botania\textures\"

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
why living rock/wood don't update textures? all textures update but this 2 are on old textures... like botania 170 or less... =(
Because I kept the old textures as the ones in use beyond that update by using resource loader because I personally think the old ones looked better. I have since allowed the new textures, but if you were playing on one of the versions where I had the old textures in, they don't get deleted when you update so you'll want to delete the /resources/botania folder in your instance.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Because I kept the old textures as the ones in use beyond that update by using resource loader because I personally think the old ones looked better. I have since allowed the new textures, but if you were playing on one of the versions where I had the old textures in, they don't get deleted when you update so you'll want to delete the /resources/botania folder in your instance.

i just found it.. but thanks for the warning anyway, i like so much the new textures, is more Detailed =)

R

remclave

Hello all.

This is my first post/question. I have successfully cross-bred to get a wormwood seed and planted them on crop sticks. The seed's at 5/5/5 and is cropped on tilled garden soil. The seed does not grow at all unless I use magical fertilizer. All my other crops have successfully matured and cross-bred without prompting so I'm not sure what I need to do to encourage the wormwood to mature and cross to the next stick in my nursery patch. Does it require direct sunlight?

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019
Wormwood needs a nearby wispy cotton to be able to grow and spread. If you check the NEI for the seeds, you'll see it there.

R

remclave

Wormwood needs a nearby wispy cotton to be able to grow and spread. If you check the NEI for the seeds, you'll see it there.
I thought the wispy cotton was just for the initial cross. It makes sense. Thank you for the prompt response. I forgot to refresh so just saw your reply. :)

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone else wants pictures of something let me know.

I live underground. The entrance is on an island, a passageway goes underwater to the land (which I haven't really used at all yet).
I always intend to live on the surface, I never do.

There are 8 empty blocks above the platform, the 9th is the ceiling.
There are 7 blocks below the platform, the 8th is the half slab floor.
The platform is a 13x13 square, the support pillars on each side are 6 long.
Nothing but slimes spawn below, and them rarely (blood magic altar room next door however must be all slime chunks...)
Screenshots as requested:
Altar Level
Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_32_08.png

Bottom level
Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_32_26.png

Downward Angle - Opposite entrance
Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_32_36.png

Overhead - Entrance is in lower right corner
Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_33_15.png

Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_31_30.png

The right essentia mirror on the ceiling goes to the Thaumatorium (Automated Alchemy). An Essentia Pump (from Witching Gadgets) is needed to make this portion work.
The further one (closer to golem) goes to the Infusion Altar.
Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_31_46.png

I posted something a ways back about fighting the Gaia Guardian. Werewolf form from Witchery makes fighting it much easier. Reaching WW level 9 means you bypass armor as well.

I fight Gaia 2 with Flask of Cloaking (invisibility), Flask of Shielding (absorption 4), Flask of Fortitude (resistance 2) (or Ring of Odin), and a Regen 2 Blood Pendant. Activating them and the ritual, then shifting to werewolf form. Remember armor will drop off of you if you shift with it on, as well as dropping anything you hold other than the moon charm. (Ring of Magnetization or the Mysterious Magnet work wonders for that.)
Mobs the Guardian spawns never see you and die in one hit, two at most.

The Infernal wand core from the Apocrypha tab in the Thaumonomicon is very helpful. When made into a wand it will stop ALL withering. (Disclaimer: you might take one tick of damage before it clears it.) Making both Gaia Guardian fights much easier (the purple stuff withers you).

If you are still having trouble I suggest more hearts from TCon canisters. I believe my first Gaia 1 fights were with 6 ish extra hearts.

@Rokuma unfortunately all of those image links appear to be broken.
They didn't suddenly start working did they? As far as I can tell they should be working. If you'd like I can upload to a different place if you still can't see them.

Can anyone else see the images?

hix3r

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!

I'd like to mention two (potentially) bad problems I encountered. One with Mariculture, the other with Enhanced Inventories. While these bugs are not fixed (already submitted bug reports) it is recommended to watch out for these:

The Mariculture Advanced Sluice produces NullPointerException errors when generating power on a server. The errors appear in the client logs. This does not crash the game but inflates the client log files to huge sizes (gigabytes in a couple of minutes). It does not happen in single player.

The Enhanced Inventories Auto Assembler generates debug messages which also inflate the log files to huge sizes. These appear in the server log files. This has already been mentioned a couple of posts earlier.

Both of these problems are reproducible. So keep an eye out on your log files when using these blocks.

Last edited:

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I can see them :)
Thank you for the verification. Maybe it just took a bit to start working or something.
Hi!

I'd like to mention two (potentially) bad problems I encountered. One with Mariculture, the other with Enhanced Inventories. While these bugs are not fixed (already submitted bug reports) it is recommended to watch out for these:

The Mariculture Advanced Sluice produces NullPointerException errors when generating power on a server. This does not crash the game but inflates the server log files to huge sizes (gigabytes in a couple of minutes). It does not happen in single player.

The Enhanced Inventories Auto Assembler generates debug messages which also inflate the log files to huge sizes. This has already been mentioned a couple of posts earlier.

Both of these problems are reproducible. So keep an eye out on your log files when using these blocks.
I just want to point out for the Auto Assembler it does not seem to do so when on redstone pulse activation as far as I can tell. But DOES if told to craft whenever it can.

amerob

Jul 29, 2019
They didn't suddenly start working did they? As far as I can tell they should be working. If you'd like I can upload to a different place if you still can't see them.

Can anyone else see the images?
The images are broken for me too

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
Pech's Curse applies random debuffs. I guess it can somehow find the bound sword debuff and have a chance to apply it.
The Pech's Curse focus that you get as a reward is pre-upgraded to include the "Apply all debuffs every time" upgrade, so it always applies the Weakness III debuff for the blood shards.

V

Vaeldarg

So, first off sorry in advance if this has been suggested before and given a reason why it wasn't added, but I've been playing another modpack that includes a mod that seems almost perfect for regrowth. This mod by Reika, called Chromaticraft, has integration for thaumcraft, blood magic, forestry, and maybe others I haven't noticed yet.

Pros: Exploration based (which is what you seem to have been trying to add with the quadrum structures), integration with many other mods on Regrowth, chance to add quests for a new mod (more content=longer people stay playing Regrowth)

Cons: Heavily world-gen based (which on Regrowth is a bit...unique, a good solution may be to make use of witchery's spirit world which currently is a bit bare and not very magical looking with its mixture of cracked sand, grass, and ungrown saplings)

Note: uses lot of fancy particles and effects, depending on any lag this may cause can be seen as either a pro or a con.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
So, first off sorry in advance if this has been suggested before and given a reason why it wasn't added, but I've been playing another modpack that includes a mod that seems almost perfect for regrowth. This mod by Reika, called Chromaticraft, has integration for thaumcraft, blood magic, forestry, and maybe others I haven't noticed yet.

Pros: Exploration based (which is what you seem to have been trying to add with the quadrum structures), integration with many other mods on Regrowth, chance to add quests for a new mod (more content=longer people stay playing Regrowth)

Cons: Heavily world-gen based (which on Regrowth is a bit...unique, a good solution may be to make use of witchery's spirit world which currently is a bit bare and not very magical looking with its mixture of cracked sand, grass, and ungrown saplings)

Note: uses lot of fancy particles and effects, depending on any lag this may cause can be seen as either a pro or a con.
Spirit world is stuck with the same biomes and seed as the overworld. Allowing oregen and using a different set of ruins scripts(plant saplings vice make dead trees and slate) is the only reason it looks as different as it does.

Which is not to say your idea won't work, I don't know how that mod works, but if it needs particular biomes... TPL added a work around for thaumcraft structures not liking wasteland biomes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

Mod list is finalised as the pack is nearing completion. Sorry.