[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
I cant seem the get my Witchery Altar past 2432 (X5) ... I don't know what to do I have one Wither Skull, Candelabra, and unfilled Chalice and I cant fill it because the pot needs 3k min to make the redstone soup to fill it to max it out I have all my witchery items around the altar and two of each Witchery tree [Rowan Wood, Alder Wood, Hawthorn Wood] and I just cant seem to get the Altar to a higher amount ... anyone have any ideas ?
do I need some items or something because I cant progress with Witchery until this happens

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I cant seem the get my Witchery Altar past 2432 (X5) ... I don't know what to do I have one Wither Skull, Candelabra, and unfilled Chalice and I cant fill it because the pot needs 3k min to make the redstone soup to fill it to max it out I have all my witchery items around the altar and two of each Witchery tree [Rowan Wood, Alder Wood, Hawthorn Wood] and I just cant seem to get the Altar to a higher amount ... anyone have any ideas ?
do I need some items or something because I cant progress with Witchery until this happens
Plant every kind of tree, flower, vine, mushrooms ect that you can near the alter. Also dragon egg.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: An0nymuS

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019

Pumpkins, Melons, Sugar Cane, Thaumcraft trees, EBXL trees, Natura Trees. Grass blocks count, as does water. Ember moss, Glint weed, spanish moss, vines, lilypads, and vanilla flowers also contribute to altar power. At the very least plant two EBXL trees and two Natura trees and some 2x2 jungle trees. The way Witchery detects blocks means that each different block ID contributes to the altar's power. Unfortunately it ignores metadata, so Greatwood and Silverwood are the same but EBXL Sakura is different from EBXL Bald Cypress since it uses a different block ID.

Also if you have access to the Elven Portal, you should replace the Wither Skull with a player head (typically one uses one's own head), which has a multiplier one higher than the wither skull. Put an Arthana on the Altar (this doubles the range it can get power from) and fill the Chalice (improves recharge rate, IIRC.) the Dragon Egg would also provide a good chunk of power, if you can manage to kill the dragon.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
List of boosting items.
Ignore the "koboldite pickaxe" entry as that does not work on the altar.
Infinity egg is a creative only item meant for testing.
Player head not listed, but boosts power more than wither skull.

Double tall grass is separate from tall grass.
EXBL flowers do not work.

Something commonly forgotten:
The altar also draws from a VERTICAL range (circular), so you can make a few levels to boost it further.

I live underground, my altar is above my first crop room, there are trees, grass, and plants covering the altar layer. My ritual circle location is right at the edge of the 32 block range (distribution with arthana).

Edit: If you are still having issues, plant saplings and put a solid block above them to deny them a chance to grow.
The player head Rivalyn mentioned can be created with Botania. Recipe is in the book after tossing it into the Alfheim portal. If you click the "view online" button on the left of the book while on this page it will take you to a site that lists various names you can put in to get that specific "head"

You can place two ritual chalk circles around a cauldron to reduce the altar costs. They are different than the circle magic book. Look them up in the brewing book.

Pumpkins, Melons, Sugar Cane, Thaumcraft trees, EBXL trees, Natura Trees. Grass blocks count, as does water. Ember moss, Glint weed, spanish moss, vines, lilypads, and vanilla flowers also contribute to altar power. At the very least plant two EBXL trees and two Natura trees and some 2x2 jungle trees. The way Witchery detects blocks means that each different block ID contributes to the altar's power. Unfortunately it ignores metadata, so Greatwood and Silverwood are the same but EBXL Sakura is different from EBXL Bald Cypress since it uses a different block ID.

Also if you have access to the Elven Portal, you should replace the Wither Skull with a player head (typically one uses one's own head), which has a multiplier one higher than the wither skull. Put an Arthana on the Altar (this doubles the range it can get power from) and fill the Chalice (improves recharge rate, IIRC.) the Dragon Egg would also provide a good chunk of power, if you can manage to kill the dragon.
I did a ton of testing with Witchery (One of my favorite mods), and one of the results is that the Arthana only increases the range of power DISTRIBUTION, not the range at which it gathers power.
14 block circular range for gather, 16 for distribution (32 with Arthana).

As an addition to the above, the last block of the Altar placed counts as the "center" of the circular range. Breaking and replacing a block will set that as the center.

Last edited:

Skala

Jul 29, 2019
You can get Vazkii's head by tossing 16 pink petals into a petal apothecary, then seeds like usual. A cool little Easter egg that will help with Witchery~

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got the sluice to pipe out pressurised water - I can get it so I can bucket it but cant pipe to a pressure vessel.

Explanation - I created a tower of glass with 4 sluice at the bottom. I get a block of pressurised water that I can pick up with a bucket in front of each sluice. I have made the advanced sluice but still cannot pipe it out - is there a special pipe I need to use?

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Did some more Agricraft Testing specific to the pack so I thought I would share it here. This time I'm testing the effects of Garden Soil, Sprinkler's and Agricarnations.

Reactions: rivvest

Hikaru-Takemori

Jul 29, 2019

There is a post on page 572 (post #11440) that details how someone got their altar power to 57,102. You might want to check that out

Reactions: fimbrethil

Skala

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking through the Garden Collection wiki, to see the specifics of the mods and, when I went to craft some of the stuff, I noticed some things that had to do with candles were seemingly removed. I'm guessing it's because the wax that the candles are made out of comes from a naturally generating plant, and you'd never find the stuff in Regrowth? Could there be an alternative way of getting this plant, or change the crafting recipe for the candles to use an already existing form of wax?

blackhole883

Jul 29, 2019
Any change of an update to the server files anytime soon? been trying to set a server up for this pack for about two days now and boy is it a headache

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Any change of an update to the server files anytime soon? been trying to set a server up for this pack for about two days now and boy is it a headache

What problems are you having? I downloaded 0.8.6 server from the FTB client on 12/8 (server files were released 12/6) and I didn't have any trouble getting it setup and running.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB launcher now only show the 0.7.4 versión of the pack. The server have the same problem.

¿Any fix?
I have two separate entries for Regrowth on the FTB Launcher. One has a max version of 0.7.4 and the other 0.8.6. Double check and see if you have it listed twice as well.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I have two separate entries for Regrowth on the FTB Launcher. One has a max version of 0.7.4 and the other 0.8.6. Double check and see if you have it listed twice as well.
The 0.7.4 is probably from when you added it before it was listed. Go to third party pack codes, type in regrowth, then remove and that old version should go away. Will not impact the listed entry.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
So I recently had a terrible derp on my part while I was playing a very advanced world - I had tabbed out to look something up, and my mouse drifted over and I accidentally loaded a saved inventory from months ago. Frustrating as it was to lose my inventory (fortunately my armour was untouched, that runic enchanted void thaumaturge's robes would have been painful to replace) the absolute worst part of it was having my quest completion reset back to that months-old state.

I should have just taken the pain of it and claimed everything then and gotten it cleared up. Hoping to get it back to what it should have been, I wound up with an increasing series of difficulties and wound up at the last fully resetting the quest book. I was able to restore my progress to where it ought to be save for one issue - my thaumcraft progress is not what it should be. I've completed 9 quests but I know there were more that I had done, including the alchemy ones and the silverwood wand one.

I've held all the prescribed items I could find a list for and a bunch of ones I was guessing at but nothing has unlocked the remaining quests. Which brings us at last to the question I need to ask: What are the prerequisites for unlocking the silverwood wand quest?

Edit: After realizing I could use Edit mode to find out what was locking me out - the answer was I had to have held an iron-capped wooden wand. In retrospect it's so obvious, since it's basically impossible to do anything in thaumcraft without one.

Last edited: