[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Silvery

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody point me to a guide to generate mana in early Botania now? I lost the server I was playing on, and am trying a solo game. I've gone through three rounds of dayblooms and nightshades and there's barely a film of mana in my mana pool. I can't make any essences yet, so no coal, so I can't make the other generating flowers do anything yet. Not only are the passive flowers temporary, but everything seems to make a lot less mana now. I'm out of resources to make flowers, fertilizer, etc. How do you get over this hump?

C

coloneljjw

So I have been trying to get a coven witch to let me do her quest for months now. I have infused myself with ghost of the light (I think that's what its called) and I have bound myself and my pet wolf to a waystone and still no quest. Every website ive seen has said you have to do one of those and I cant get it to work. Any suggetions??

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been trying to get a coven witch to let me do her quest for months now. I have infused myself with ghost of the light (I think that's what its called) and I have bound myself and my pet wolf to a waystone and still no quest. Every website ive seen has said you have to do one of those and I cant get it to work. Any suggetions??
I didn't need the infusion. You need to do the ritual to turn a tamed cat/toad/owl into a familiar.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: An0nymuS

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody point me to a guide to generate mana in early Botania now? I lost the server I was playing on, and am trying a solo game. I've gone through three rounds of dayblooms and nightshades and there's barely a film of mana in my mana pool. I can't make any essences yet, so no coal, so I can't make the other generating flowers do anything yet. Not only are the passive flowers temporary, but everything seems to make a lot less mana now. I'm out of resources to make flowers, fertilizer, etc. How do you get over this hump?
Beak more dead grass for floral fertilizer. Make mutandus and get a tree sapling. Make charcoal and feed an endo flame.

My early setup is a furnace with a wooden pipe out of the bottom to a clay pipe that feeds into the side of the furnace hooked to a cobble pipe to an open crate. One furnace will make charcoal as fast as four endo flames can eat it. Use a hopper to put wood into the furnace.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm stuck doing my first infusion crafting, a Silverwood Wand Core. I have the research, the altar has formed, I have 8 pedestals in the usual arrangement, and one of each shard including balanced, silverwood log on the middle pedestal, all the essentia in jars, but nothing happens when I left or right click with a full greatwood/gold wand.

This is about the 4th or 5th time I've played this version of Thaumcraft, so I know the theory, either something is broken in the pack, or I've made a dumb mistake.

I don't think infusion needs vis in the wand, does it?

Silvery

Jul 29, 2019
Beak more dead grass for floral fertilizer. Make mutandus and get a tree sapling. Make charcoal and feed an endo flame.

My early setup is a furnace with a wooden pipe out of the bottom to a clay pipe that feeds into the side of the furnace hooked to a cobble pipe to an open crate. One furnace will make charcoal as fast as four endo flames can eat it. Use a hopper to put wood into the furnace.

Thank you. I hadn't even thought about pipes yet. My first run-through, we got Botania up and running so fast that we relied on it for most of the early game. Didn't get into any buildcraft/mechanical stuff until later.

K

keyreper

Hi, new here and I have a question
Is any one else having problems with memory leaks while playing this? like lag while crafting stuff, delayed interaction with stuff like chests, horrible lag when harvesting crops?
edit: also lags when gathering water, going to nether will cause the game to freeze for a few minutes, stuff like that
this is the text that pops up in the logs when the lag occured
[13:15:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 13281ms behind, skipping 265 tick(s)
[13:15:08] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: nl.lang2619.bagginses.items.bags.gui.BagGui
[13:15:08] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: nl.lang2619.bagginses.items.bags.container.BagContainer
[13:15:09] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiIngameMenu
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving and pausing game...
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Overworld
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Nether
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/The End
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Soul Network Dimension
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Spirit World
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Torment
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Mirror
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/The Outer Lands
also, the all the lag seems to stop when I reboot my computer, and will start again after playing the game for a few minutes (5 to 10).
any one know whats up?

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, new here and I have a question
Is any one else having problems with memory leaks while playing this? like lag insane lag crafting stuff, delayed interaction with stuff like chests, horrible lag when harvesting crops?
this is the text that pops up in the logs when the lag occured
[13:15:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 13281ms behind, skipping 265 tick(s)
[13:15:08] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: nl.lang2619.bagginses.items.bags.gui.BagGui
[13:15:08] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: nl.lang2619.bagginses.items.bags.container.BagContainer
[13:15:09] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiIngameMenu
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving and pausing game...
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Overworld
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Nether
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/The End
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Soul Network Dimension
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Spirit World
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Torment
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/Mirror
[13:15:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'regrow'/The Outer Lands
any one know whats up?
Do you have bags inside of bags?

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck doing my first infusion crafting, a Silverwood Wand Core. I have the research, the altar has formed, I have 8 pedestals in the usual arrangement, and one of each shard including balanced, silverwood log on the middle pedestal, all the essentia in jars, but nothing happens when I left or right click with a full greatwood/gold wand.

This is about the 4th or 5th time I've played this version of Thaumcraft, so I know the theory, either something is broken in the pack, or I've made a dumb mistake.

I don't think infusion needs vis in the wand, does it?

Are you clicking the runic matrix or the middle pedestal? Every time I get to infusion after not using thaumcraft for a while I always forget and try to click the pedestal to start infusion. If you're clicking the matrix and its' not working, you'll have to check and see if you've left a pedestal with an item not in the infusion somewhere in range - it's 12 blocks out, 6 blocks down, so a fairly large area. If you can, research and make the arcane abacus from Witching Gadgets, when you use it on the runic matrix it will tell you if your infusion setup has instability, how much instability it has, and how much stabilization it has. And it tells you the coordinates of unbalanced stability modifying blocks, too. I use it every time to see if I need to add more stabilizers to my altar before starting an infusion, right now I seem to have enough to keep anything up to "high" stable.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Ghost of the Light infusion should have worked, however it may have glitched.

Wolves cannot be used as a familiar, and that's not what it means by binding. Look up the rite of binding in the book of circle magic.
Toads, Cats, or Owls may be used as a familiar. Once bound the coven witch should allow you to do a quest. ( See Familiars on the witchery site.)

Are you clicking the runic matrix or the middle pedestal? Every time I get to infusion after not using thaumcraft for a while I always forget and try to click the pedestal to start infusion. If you're clicking the matrix and its' not working, you'll have to check and see if you've left a pedestal with an item not in the infusion somewhere in range - it's 12 blocks out, 6 blocks down, so a fairly large area. If you can, research and make the arcane abacus from Witching Gadgets, when you use it on the runic matrix it will tell you if your infusion setup has instability, how much instability it has, and how much stabilization it has. And it tells you the coordinates of unbalanced stability modifying blocks, too. I use it every time to see if I need to add more stabilizers to my altar before starting an infusion, right now I seem to have enough to keep anything up to "high" stable.

That's it! I have a spare wand floating on a pedestal next to my crafting table.
I use an empty 25x16x25 room (x, y, z) and put skulls in the corners of the bottom section, essentia is provided via an essentia mirror linked to my storage and production room. My altar is a floating platform suspended by a few walkways. 5 empty spaces above the runic matrix, the walkable floor of the altar room is the third block below the matrix, the very bottom is covered in half slabs to stop things from spawning. I'll try to grab screenshots later, hopefully that's clear enough.
Prevents any possible interference causing instability and looks pretty nice as well.

lewilson82

Jul 29, 2019
I use an empty 25x16x25 room (x, y, z) and put skulls in the corners of the bottom section, essentia is provided via an essentia mirror linked to my storage and production room. My altar is a floating platform suspended by a few walkways. 5 empty spaces above the runic matrix, the walkable floor of the altar room is the third block below the matrix, the very bottom is covered in half slabs to stop things from spawning. I'll try to grab screenshots later, hopefully that's clear enough.
Prevents any possible interference causing instability and looks pretty nice as well.

Could you post a screenshot, please? Been trying to come up with a good layout for my set up.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Ghost of the Light infusion should have worked, however it may have glitched.

Wolves cannot be used as a familiar, and that's not what it means by binding. Look up the rite of binding in the book of circle magic.
Toads, Cats, or Owls may be used as a familiar. Once bound the coven witch should allow you to do a quest. ( See Familiars on the witchery site.)

I use floating flowers from botania for infusion stabilization, they're quite affordable though at the stage I'm at, nothing is particularly expensive, just time consuming.

Except fighting the Gaia Guardian. How I loathe that boss.

Silvery

Jul 29, 2019
I've run into a new problem and wondering if anybody else knows how to fix it.... Twice today, I've been playing and the first thing that happens is that blocks no longer make noise when you place them. Further investigation leads to mobs aren't moving, interacting, or spawning, I can open doors and trapdoors, I can place items in barrels and drawers, but I cannot open chests or remove items from barrels and drawers. I can't interact with crafting, furnaces, etc. I can't remove blocks, they just disappear if I try. When I try to quit the game, it gets stuck on Shutting Down Internal Server. If I kill it, when I try to log back in, I can't log back in, it says it's still trying to shut down. I've lost two worlds now and all the progress I had made.

Help?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Could you post a screenshot, please? Been trying to come up with a good layout for my set up.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

If anyone else wants pictures of something let me know.

I live underground. The entrance is on an island, a passageway goes underwater to the land (which I haven't really used at all yet).
I always intend to live on the surface, I never do.

There are 8 empty blocks above the platform, the 9th is the ceiling.
There are 7 blocks below the platform, the 8th is the half slab floor.
The platform is a 13x13 square, the support pillars on each side are 6 long.
Nothing but slimes spawn below, and them rarely (blood magic altar room next door however must be all slime chunks...)
Screenshots as requested:
Altar Level
Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_32_08.png

Bottom level
Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_32_26.png

Downward Angle - Opposite entrance
Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_32_36.png

Overhead - Entrance is in lower right corner
Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_33_15.png

Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_31_30.png

The right essentia mirror on the ceiling goes to the Thaumatorium (Automated Alchemy). An Essentia Pump (from Witching Gadgets) is needed to make this portion work.
The further one (closer to golem) goes to the Infusion Altar.
Screenshot_2015_12_12_19_31_46.png

I use floating flowers from botania for infusion stabilization, they're quite affordable though at the stage I'm at, nothing is particularly expensive, just time consuming.

Except fighting the Gaia Guardian. How I loathe that boss.
I posted something a ways back about fighting the Gaia Guardian. Werewolf form from Witchery makes fighting it much easier. Reaching WW level 9 means you bypass armor as well.

I fight Gaia 2 with Flask of Cloaking (invisibility), Flask of Shielding (absorption 4), Flask of Fortitude (resistance 2) (or Ring of Odin), and a Regen 2 Blood Pendant. Activating them and the ritual, then shifting to werewolf form. Remember armor will drop off of you if you shift with it on, as well as dropping anything you hold other than the moon charm. (Ring of Magnetization or the Mysterious Magnet work wonders for that.)
Mobs the Guardian spawns never see you and die in one hit, two at most.

The Infernal wand core from the Apocrypha tab in the Thaumonomicon is very helpful. When made into a wand it will stop ALL withering. (Disclaimer: you might take one tick of damage before it clears it.) Making both Gaia Guardian fights much easier (the purple stuff withers you).

If you are still having trouble I suggest more hearts from TCon canisters. I believe my first Gaia 1 fights were with 6 ish extra hearts.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
I posted something a ways back about fighting the Gaia Guardian. Werewolf form from Witchery makes fighting it much easier. Reaching WW level 9 means you bypass armor as well.

I fight Gaia 2 with Flask of Cloaking (invisibility), Flask of Shielding (absorption 4), Flask of Fortitude (resistance 2) (or Ring of Odin), and a Regen 2 Blood Pendant. Activating them and the ritual, then shifting to werewolf form. Remember armor will drop off of you if you shift with it on, as well as dropping anything you hold other than the moon charm. (Ring of Magnetization or the Mysterious Magnet work wonders for that.)
Mobs the Guardian spawns never see you and die in one hit, two at most.

The Infernal wand core from the Apocrypha tab in the Thaumonomicon is very helpful. When made into a wand it will stop ALL withering. (Disclaimer: you might take one tick of damage before it clears it.) Making both Gaia Guardian fights much easier (the purple stuff withers you).

If you are still having trouble I suggest more hearts from TCon canisters. I believe my first Gaia 1 fights were with 6 ish extra hearts.

Doubtless that some of the difficulty lies in my lack of prowess or lack of preparation. I could do more or be better, I guess. Just bad at staying out of the purple stuff, bad at closing the gap, bad at combat in general. Not getting any advantage from the mechanics available within botania itself is a design decision I consider to be nonsensical at best.

Frankly I find all the bosses in Minecraft to be tedious and unenjoyable, a chore to be overcome rather than an encounter to look forward to.

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019
I've run into a new problem and wondering if anybody else knows how to fix it.... Twice today, I've been playing and the first thing that happens is that blocks no longer make noise when you place them. Further investigation leads to mobs aren't moving, interacting, or spawning, I can open doors and trapdoors, I can place items in barrels and drawers, but I cannot open chests or remove items from barrels and drawers. I can't interact with crafting, furnaces, etc. I can't remove blocks, they just disappear if I try. When I try to quit the game, it gets stuck on Shutting Down Internal Server. If I kill it, when I try to log back in, I can't log back in, it says it's still trying to shut down. I've lost two worlds now and all the progress I had made.

Help?

Seems like the problem I was having. You should be able to join back into the worlds if you restart your computer.
I have a huge farm with a couple harvester robots, with drops being picked up by hopperhocks and pulled with BC pipes into a drawer controller connected to a bunch of drawers. Also have a smaller separated setup just for coal, since I'm running my whole base on it.
I kept getting that a lot until I turned off the robots to the main farm. Couple days later, I moved the piping on my coal farm and started having the problem again. Replaced the coal farm harvester robots for harvester golems, but the problem still happened. So I switched the bc pipes to mekanism pipes and haven't had that problem since.
I haven't fully tested it yet (my main farm is still off), but from what little I checked, this seems to have to do with buildcraft pipes (more specifically, large builds with a couple of iron pipes to join lines). I had posted about this in here, but unfortunately no one had any idea what the problem was.
If you have any setup like that, I suggest you turn it off.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Doubtless that some of the difficulty lies in my lack of prowess or lack of preparation. I could do more or be better, I guess. Just bad at staying out of the purple stuff, bad at closing the gap, bad at combat in general. Not getting any advantage from the mechanics available within botania itself is a design decision I consider to be nonsensical at best.

Frankly I find all the bosses in Minecraft to be tedious and unenjoyable, a chore to be overcome rather than an encounter to look forward to.
There is a wand in forbidden magic (infernal wand I think) that negates the damage from the purple by simply being in you inventor. The lightning focus can hit from across the arena. Doesn't hit for alor but it hits fast. Living wood wand from forbidden magic = infinite vis.

When I get home my next experiment involves lots of mek lasers.

Edit: eat tcon hearts and jewled apples. Hearts are a big instant heal and the apples are good defensive epells.

Reactions: An0nymuS