[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019
New problem... no Weak Blood Shards. Do they drop from mobs? I suppose the Botania flower that generates dungeon loot is an option.

You mean they're not dropping when you kill mobs with a bound sword? They're not 100% drop chance. How many did you try killing?

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Ah. Bound Sword, forgot about that, thanks.
Don't enchant the sword, either. The shards come from mobs having the debuff the sword applies, so if they die instantly they won't die with the debuff applied, and you still get no shards.

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like the problem I was having. You should be able to join back into the worlds if you restart your computer.
I have a huge farm with a couple harvester robots, with drops being picked up by hopperhocks and pulled with BC pipes into a drawer controller connected to a bunch of drawers. Also have a smaller separated setup just for coal, since I'm running my whole base on it.
I kept getting that a lot until I turned off the robots to the main farm. Couple days later, I moved the piping on my coal farm and started having the problem again. Replaced the coal farm harvester robots for harvester golems, but the problem still happened. So I switched the bc pipes to mekanism pipes and haven't had that problem since.
I haven't fully tested it yet (my main farm is still off), but from what little I checked, this seems to have to do with buildcraft pipes (more specifically, large builds with a couple of iron pipes to join lines). I had posted about this in here, but unfortunately no one had any idea what the problem was.
If you have any setup like that, I suggest you turn it off.

Ignore everything I said here, seems I still have the same issue, so that's not what's causing it...
Honestly, I give up. Having to restart my computer after every hour of gameplay is too annoying, especially since my computer doesn't boot that quickly.
Guess I'll start a new world when the pack gets finished... :(

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Ignore everything I said here, seems I still have the same issue, so that's not what's causing it...
Honestly, I give up. Having to restart my computer after every hour of gameplay is too annoying, especially since my computer doesn't boot that quickly.

Are the items getting picked up properly? The easier forms of automated farming tend to drop everything on the ground and having hundreds of item entities lying around will bring even the best servers to their knees.

Silvery

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you @Kroptik . I did try restarting my computer the first time it happened, but it still wouldn't let me in. However, I decided to give it one more try since I saw your post this morning, and it worked! I'm in. However, I am so early game, I'm living in a hobgoblin hut with a hobgoblin and am still working on getting the first basic seeds done, so no robotics or big farms or anything.

Phew! Wish I knew what the problem was so it can be avoided. For the record, I also tried clearing my java cache, which did not seem to help last night, but may have had some effect since I can get into my world today.

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019
Are the items getting picked up properly? The easier forms of automated farming tend to drop everything on the ground and having hundreds of item entities lying around will bring even the best servers to their knees.

Actually, they're not. When I changed my coal farms to golems they harvest so much faster that the chests the hopperhocks were dumping into aren't being emptied fast enough. I'll try to fix that.

Also, are there any opaque item pipes in this pack? I thought mekanism had them, but I can't find them. Not having to show a ton of items couple help the situation...

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Don't enchant the sword, either. The shards come from mobs having the debuff the sword applies, so if they die instantly they won't die with the debuff applied, and you still get no shards.
Interestingly enough the Thaumcraft wand foci; Pechs Curse you get for a quest reward applies the same debuff.

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019
Interestingly enough the Thaumcraft wand foci; Pechs Curse you get for a quest reward applies the same debuff.

Pech's Curse applies random debuffs. I guess it can somehow find the bound sword debuff and have a chance to apply it.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, they're not. When I changed my coal farms to golems they harvest so much faster that the chests the hopperhocks were dumping into aren't being emptied fast enough. I'll try to fix that.

Also, are there any opaque item pipes in this pack? I thought mekanism had them, but I can't find them. Not having to show a ton of items couple help the situation...

Switch to an AE system at the earliest opportunity, or use Corporea Sparks. To get ender air, make yourself two vanilla ender chests, use one to craft a hand of ender. Store all your inventory in a chest somewhere, then take your hand of ender, a mana tablet with some mana in it, and as many bottles as you can get. Jump into the End. Look up, right click with the bottles to get Ender Air, then deposit them in the ender chest with the hand of Ender and the tablet, finish up by leaping off the End or letting the inhabitants kill you. That way, you get the Ender Air but leave nothing behind, and don't need to kill the Dragon to escape. Corporea Sparks only have about a 16 block range, but if you make a long chain of them on inventories, you should be able to pull things from your farms into your storage system.

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019

Nope, didn't work. Still froze when there were no items on the ground. I even added extra hopperhocks to make sure everything got picked up quickly.

I don't think it's related to item entities, because that would cause lag and eventually freeze my game if it got too bad, but that doesn't happen at all, as I explained in an earlier post. everything just.... stops. Like if ticks stopped ticking. But I can still move around, totally lag free, can still fly with my Flügel Tiara and that still counts down the flight timer on it.

I can't even find similar problems online, and with no crash report, I can't even tell what is causing the problem, which is the most frustrating thing to me.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019

Switch to an AE system at the earliest opportunity, or use Corporea Sparks. To get ender air, make yourself two vanilla ender chests, use one to craft a hand of ender. Store all your inventory in a chest somewhere, then take your hand of ender, a mana tablet with some mana in it, and as many bottles as you can get. Jump into the End. Look up, right click with the bottles to get Ender Air, then deposit them in the ender chest with the hand of Ender and the tablet, finish up by leaping off the End or letting the inhabitants kill you. That way, you get the Ender Air but leave nothing behind, and don't need to kill the Dragon to escape. Corporea Sparks only have about a 16 block range, but if you make a long chain of them on inventories, you should be able to pull things from your farms into your storage system.
Storage drawers for early game work wonders, instant deposit just like AE but without power. Attaching a storage bus to a controller or slave will let you access everything in the entire bank of drawers as well, including compacting drawers. Corporea sparks also work when attached to a controller. (however they only report up to 1 stack at a time, same for jabba barrels)

For ender air access without the dragon, I made a platform and placed down a small otherwhere chalk circle with a heart glyph in the center. I go to the end, get the air, then toss down a bound waystone and activate the circle to go home.
Once you have one waystone, duplication of them is fast and cheap. I keep some stored in my Hand of Ender and use as needed.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
I want to share something I found:

Since early game I planned to build 7x7 plots of every needed seed. The idea was to automate them with golems and hopperhocks. For a long time pre automation, those 7x7 with 10/10/10 worked super well. Every harvest (with a scythe) produced 3 stacks of essence. But when I reached late game, and went for automate all, the lag got pretty heavy.

Now I have removed all those plots, and created just 4, everyone with a golem and a hopperhock. Instead of planting a lot of the same seed, I only plant one or two. The resources are still more than enough and works pretty fast.

My point is: don't try to have too many plots with golem, it will kill your FPS/TPS.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
I can't load my save file anymore :(
I would love some assistance in fixing this as I don't have any backups...

http://pastebin.com/3W3MmnmD
I had the same problem recently in another pack. I'm very sad to tell you I had to go several backups back until I found one that worked.

Even if there is from another pack, you may want to read the thread where we discussed this error, since it seems to be somewhat common in modded minecraft. They suggested me a couple of things to try: https://github.com/jadedcat/AS2Configs/issues/177

Good luck

Edit: Also, I suggest adding some form of automated backup to any modpack you play. Sometimes the backup got corrupted too, but is better than nothing. I use AromaBackup

S

Shye

How exactly do you get a "Creeper Heart" to progress in making the creeper seeds.

I have killed close to 200+ creepers using:
Sword
Arthana
Bow of Fortune 3

And NO hearts have dropped at all. I am running out of "other things" to do in the quest book, and this one thing is holding me back from progressing on my seeds. Its driving me crazy.
Try adding looting to your arthana? I farmed creepers for ages as you did, then finally made and enchanted an arthana (I got smite 4, looting 2, wrath 3 on mine) and suddenly in 10-15 creepers, had 3 hearts. So nice being able to repair it on the mariculture anvil too xD

ArmyHeLL07

Jul 29, 2019
so there is a problem with my regrowth map... before i was playing it with my friends on server 0.8.2 and i updated to 0.8.3 when it was updated... so yesterday i wanted to try to log in server but it just kicks me from game and closes the server and i tried it in my singleplayer world same thing happened... so i updated to 0.8.6 but that didnt work out either so what should i do? here is the pastebin : http://pastebin.com/HZ5rYLpt

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, didn't work. Still froze when there were no items on the ground. I even added extra hopperhocks to make sure everything got picked up quickly.

I don't think it's related to item entities, because that would cause lag and eventually freeze my game if it got too bad, but that doesn't happen at all, as I explained in an earlier post. everything just.... stops. Like if ticks stopped ticking. But I can still move around, totally lag free, can still fly with my Flügel Tiara and that still counts down the flight timer on it.

I can't even find similar problems online, and with no crash report, I can't even tell what is causing the problem, which is the most frustrating thing to me.

Anything weird going on in the FTB Console log? I've had a similar issue where everything else stopped responding but I was able to move around freely and it had to do with some duplicate chunk coordinates dumping a lot of errors to the log to the point which it grew too big to be handled by the HDD at the same time as the client.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I can't load my save file anymore :(
I would love some assistance in fixing this as I don't have any backups...

http://pastebin.com/3W3MmnmD
This may not have anything at all to do with the price of rice, but I had a similar problem early in the pack ( version 7.4). In my case, it turned out to be a file called level.dat that got emptied/corrupted and that was preventing the world from loading. This file was empty for several saves back, but I did find a file named level.dat.old in the same directory that was not empty. I copied that into level.dat and was able to load again with no apparent losses. I don't see your crash file complaining about level.dat as mine was but it may be something similar.