[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious, What are the chances of Ex Nihilo being added to this pack? Im not a MOD expert, So I dont know if you can remove certain aspects from a mob, but I was thinking, I would like to have Crooks added. Just for the Extra chance of Saplings, It kinda sucks to harvest all those leaves and get 1 sapling. I have harvested about 20 trees and gotten 1 sapling each time and the last time I got 0 saplings. So now I have to restart the whole process of getting another sapling again. Crook would be nice for Extra chance of Saplings.
Also, is there a chance of getting VeinMiner into the pack? (Yes I know, I can add it myself, but would be nice if it was actually PART of the pack)

as a note their is an easier way to get saplings using botania with the horn of the canopy.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
yeah but usually the quests wont unlock unless you got the appropriate seed for the materials . for example you wont get access to the laser quests and such until you make redstone seeds even though you can get redstone with the catalyst by using glowstone :)

That's just it, though. It's throwing me for a loop because all the previous quests in that chain require the production of the seeds you need for the next catalyst, so I can't see why it hasn't unlocked.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
he gave an eta earlier and he hopes to have it done by the end of the week i believe
thank you for your reply and their has been many posts on this thread so i didnt want to go back through all of them to find that.

i also only say that because terrafirmapunk has been having issues with ftb not updating the modpack and the dev has it waiting for them to update it.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
That's just it, though. It's throwing me for a loop because all the previous quests in that chain require the production of the seeds you need for the next catalyst, so I can't see why it hasn't unlocked.

you may need more reputation to get a quest unlocked then.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
i have an interesting question... while playing on a server i seem to get the block updates from breaking things spamming chat... is their a way to dissable this in game?
nvm i had a stick equipped

Reactions: RagefaceKurosaki

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
i doubt it would be added since the author wanted to shy away from mods that are usually in every modpack ie extra utils and the such
Also is you just need the saplings for wood ash, go with rowan saplings. I plant them 4x4 and bonemeal them. That nets me 12-20 saplings, but until you get the horn of the canopy you have be vigilant about picking them all up.

Xionanx

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly do you get a "Creeper Heart" to progress in making the creeper seeds.

I have killed close to 200+ creepers using:
Sword
Arthana
Bow of Fortune 3

And NO hearts have dropped at all. I am running out of "other things" to do in the quest book, and this one thing is holding me back from progressing on my seeds. Its driving me crazy.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly do you get a "Creeper Heart" to progress in making the creeper seeds.

Sword
Arthana
Bow of Fortune 3

And NO hearts have dropped at all. I am running out of "other things" to do in the quest book, and this one thing is holding me back from progressing on my seeds. Its driving me crazy.
sarry theres no special way i dont believe but the wiki does say its very rare

A creeper heart is a very rare drop when a creeper is killed. The chance can be increased by killing a creeper using an Arthana (especially with the Looting enchant).

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Also is you just need the saplings for wood ash, go with rowan saplings. I plant them 4x4 and bonemeal them. That nets me 12-20 saplings, but until you get the horn of the canopy you have be vigilant about picking them all up.
I used jungle trees in a 2x2 with a netherrack lumber axe the second I had the materials for the tool forge. Horn of the canopy doesn't reach the leaves from the ground but it should still net you a ton of saplings if you let the leaves despawn naturally.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019

Sword
Arthana
Bow of Fortune 3

I got one on my first kill after enchanting up My Arthana…. super lucky but it is dropping

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I wanna say that the one time I've needed reputation so far, it told me somewhere in the book, but that may be it, I suppose.
The way it works is that once you reach the reputation needed it then shows you the now unlocked quest… the Certus quartz seed is a good example.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I used jungle trees in a 2x2 with a netherrack lumber axe the second I had the materials for the tool forge. Horn of the canopy doesn't reach the leaves from the ground but it should still net you a ton of saplings if you let the leaves despawn naturally.
If you want to have fun with that lumber axe, add the fire charge (AutoSmelt) to it… rains down charcoal.

Robinivelle

Jul 29, 2019

Sword
Arthana
Bow of Fortune 3

I got 3 hearts in one night with a looting III (You get a book somewhere as a reward) Artana. Concussion creepers also seem to drop them.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
You need at least some iron and copper to do everything you mentioned. You won't get enough of either fast enough by using one seed.

Your way may be fun to you, but a lot of others will see it and decide to play something else because they don't like waiting forever for a single plant to grow. Your way makes it look like you *have* to do it so slowly, while there is a much faster way.

It is obvious that there are differing opinions on this topic. In the interest of not bogging down the thread can we agree to disagree and move on? New people can read the thread and make their own decisions.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019

Sword
Arthana
Bow of Fortune 3

As I recall I got two creeper hearts from quest rewards and that was enough to fulfill the quests requiring creeper heats.

I have since gotten a couple more hearts from kills. I have only used an non-enchanted arthana for the killing blow. I have heart looting III on the arthana increases the chance a lot. Make sure the killing blow is with the arthana.