[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to evenly fill multiple inventories with Buildcraft pipes ? Also without overloading the pipes because items can't go anywhere when everything is full ?

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to evenly fill multiple inventories with Buildcraft pipes ? Also without overloading the pipes because items can't go anywhere when everything is full ?

with gates almost anything is possible with buildcraft pipes.
i believe there is an option to open or close pipes on redstone signals, and an option to emit redstone signals when an item passes through a pipe.
if you extract only small amounts of items at a time and have a small delay between them, you could alternate a crossroad to have the left side open when something passes through the right.
if you do the same thing with the other side you could split an item stream evenly between two pipes.

i dont use buildcraft pipes and this is probably way more complicated than it has to be, but i think it will work.
a simpler solution is to use an crossroads with undefined directions for the items. the rng will then split the items about 50 50 between the options.

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
So me and my gf decided to make a witchery room for our base. We came up with the idea for a tree. It came out really nice and we wanted to share our creation with you ;)
Let us know what you think (and if we could have done it differently/beter)
HUbpgAT.jpg

Ctnb968.jpg

NeFZE8v.jpg

Looking amazing! Wow! That level of building aesthetics is what I'm striving for... I have a long way to go though

Reactions: Netherus

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
@DeathOfTime maybe this will ease you're worries.
I currently have 24 boilers being fed by 4 pumps from BC and the are all even fed by wooden engines alone.
Pumps can supply about 7 LP boilers no problem. The only thing you will need to worry about is chunkloading them, since that can screw up a multiblock and cause explosions.
tx7BzWA.jpg

8LGHjLF.jpg

KtMJoDa.jpg

jY8qRUC.jpg

and for anyone who wants to know how to supply mana to almost the infinitum. This pack really misses project red, i had to make a toggle setup using a sub channel of my AE.
DI80KlH.png

jZJYQse.png

@Silwing Thank you very much :). It isn't as hard as it looks, carpenters wedges really make things easier. I normally build large square buildings to fit all my machines/automation in but they look ugly as hell.
Heck if you look at the rest (except for the red building) they all look pretty bland. And i know we really make a mess xD

BjpoYXt.png

25fmGYC.jpg

YUzDS8d.jpg

vM2s5ZH.jpg

v8j4c0i.jpg

QnDCGHb.jpg

KqQPLAH.jpg

C2En2zh.jpg

Reactions: An0nymuS

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm stuck on step 2 of Smells Like Power, the Incense Stick quest - I've infused a stick with Fleetfeet but it isn't registering. The quest doesn't say what kind of Incense Stick I need to craft, is there a specific potion effect that I need to make?

*Edit* Oops, didn't spot the "manual detect" button, and I'm out of Ghast Tears. Oops. Not got Ghast Seeds yet.

*Edit* Got it - from the colour, I deduced that it was Upsurging.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm finding fluid tanks a bit annoying in this pack, I guess I'm spoiled by TE portable tanks and the connecting tanks made with obsidian from whcih-mod-I-forget. Any suggestions? Are the Mekanism portable tanks good? Not done any Mek yet.

Reactions: Sungak

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I currently have 24 boilers being fed by 4 pumps from BC and the are all even fed by wooden engines alone.
Pumps can supply about 7 LP boilers no problem. The only thing you will need to worry about is chunkloading them, since that can screw up a multiblock and cause explosions.

Thanks. Thats good to hear. The fact that no one mentioned pipes or engines exploding means that might not be a issue too. I have a tendency not to play with the stuff that explodes. I decided to chance it this time. Sounds like it will be alright. Good to hear.

Yeah, I didn't know chunk loading could cause issues with multiblocks. I was aware of them causing issues with other stuff though. I have tried to be more chunk aware lately. Checking chunks while building. Always forgot to do it before until everything was built. By time I checked then I didn't want to have to take it all down and put it back up.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
I'm finding fluid tanks a bit annoying in this pack, I guess I'm spoiled by TE portable tanks and the connecting tanks made with obsidian from which-mod-I-forget. Any suggestions? Are the Mekanism portable tanks good? Not done any Mek yet.
The tanks made with obsidian are from Open Blocks.

Mek portable tanks are pretty good, cheep if you have any amount of steel production going. Some bonuses features include;
  • The ability to right-click (up to 3 times if full) to empty a portion of its contents into a tank (railcraft), or grab 4 Buckets worth if already empty.
  • Inventory to place buckets/cans/capsules it either import/export liquids
  • A Retainable inventory after you pick up the tank.
  • Stacking portable tanks on top of each over connects the inputs, just fill the bottom one then once full it will fill the next one. (like the TE tanks)

SirSmuggler

Jul 29, 2019
What do I need to do to unlock chapter 14 and/or 15? I tryed searching and what I came up with was having osmium ore in my inventory. Did not work though. I've tryed both nether and regular osmium ore, osmium ingots, osmium blocks, a buch of other ores... Still no luck.
I'm running out of quests to do, there a a few high level witchery ones left and some thaumcraft. Do I need any of them to unlock 14 and 15?

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
What do I need to do to unlock chapter 14 and/or 15? I tryed searching and what I came up with was having osmium ore in my inventory. Did not work though. I've tryed both nether and regular osmium ore, osmium ingots, osmium blocks, a buch of other ores... Still no luck.
I'm running out of quests to do, there a a few high level witchery ones left and some thaumcraft. Do I need any of them to unlock 14 and 15?
I don't think any high level witchery would do anything as I've only done the basics (I don't like witchery) to start Thaumcraft
Progressing into High level Thaumcraft helps to unlock chapter 15 as you will need a Primordial pearl for the summoning staff.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
tx7BzWA.jpg

8LGHjLF.jpg

KtMJoDa.jpg

jY8qRUC.jpg

and for anyone who wants to know how to supply mana to almost the infinitum. This pack really misses project red, i had to make a toggle setup using a sub channel of my AE.
DI80KlH.png

jZJYQse.png

@Silwing Thank you very much :). It isn't as hard as it looks, carpenters wedges really make things easier. I normally build large square buildings to fit all my machines/automation in but they look ugly as hell.
Heck if you look at the rest (except for the red building) they all look pretty bland. And i know we really make a mess xD

BjpoYXt.png

25fmGYC.jpg

YUzDS8d.jpg

vM2s5ZH.jpg

v8j4c0i.jpg

QnDCGHb.jpg

KqQPLAH.jpg

C2En2zh.jpg
What texture pack is that? I love the way the witchery runes look!

@thephoenixlodge I found Mysterious Map #3 and followed it to the location, there is nothing here. However if I open the quest book I can endlessly detect/claim rewards on the quest. It doesn't take the map and instantly resets once claimed. Is this intentional? Endless almost effortless supply of experience drops.

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019

Judging by the pentagons for health and armour, the base of it is definitely Sphax. I'm not sure whether they're using a Sphax version of Witchery, though, as those runes look very ordered compared to how Sphax normally looks.

RyanP1991

Jul 29, 2019
So I wanted to run a forestry tree farm but can't obtain a reliable source of apatite due to the only way to get it is via the bee but to be able to breed the bee you have to have a block of apatite underneath the apiary

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
So I wanted to run a forestry tree farm but can't obtain a reliable source of apatite due to the only way to get it is via the bee but to be able to breed the bee you have to have a block of apatite underneath the apiary
Yeah, the method to get Fertilizer is a real pain. You can make Fertilizer from Saltpeter, which you can find (rarely) in the Nether, or as a product from the Combs of Hazardous Bees.

Right now I have Robots harvesting my fields, but AgriCraft is just so freaking laggy. My game pauses for a fraction of a second every time an AgriCraft crop is harvested, so I can't leave the robots working all the time because the game is pretty unplayable while they're harvesting. I am trying to breed some of those Hazardous Bees myself so that I can use a Farm instead, in the hopes of being able to actually play the game while crops get harvested.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the method to get Fertilizer is a real pain. You can make Fertilizer from Saltpeter, which you can find (rarely) in the Nether, or as a product from the Combs of Hazardous Bees.

Right now I have Robots harvesting my fields, but AgriCraft is just so freaking laggy. My game pauses for a fraction of a second every time an AgriCraft crop is harvested, so I can't leave the robots working all the time because the game is pretty unplayable while they're harvesting. I am trying to breed some of those Hazardous Bees myself so that I can use a Farm instead, in the hopes of being able to actually play the game while crops get harvested.
Tell me about it. I decided to make a forestry farm about a week ago. I have been playing at least 8 hours a day since then. I only finally got my farm fully automated today. At least I am hoping it is close to leave it and forget it mode. I still need to see if I have enough coke ovens and coal plants going to support a full size low pressure boiler. The boiler isn't up to full heat yet. So is still chugging down fuel like there's no tomorrow.

I have the fertilizer setup fully automated. A stack and a half of fertilizer from nether ores was enough to keep the farm running off and on till I got to the point were I could fully craft the fertilizer from plants. It isn't a optimal setup though. I don't get any of the materials while it is going for fertilizer. So I redirect the materials for it every now and again so I have a stockpile of them.

Getting to fully automated fertilizer production was a real pain. The actual automation and maintenance wasn't a issue at all.

Edit 001:
Pics of the crafting portion of my farm automation. For anyone that might be interested.
should be noted. I trying out imgur for my screenshot sharing. I was using photobucket. Last few were using the built in attachment function. I don't know how they feel about that. So going to try imgur for a little at least. This is my first time using imgur.
8u4oRB8.png

bq6idCY.png

SAwOKom.png

Last edited:

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019

@thephoenixlodge I found Mysterious Map #3 and followed it to the location, there is nothing here. However if I open the quest book I can endlessly detect/claim rewards on the quest. It doesn't take the map and instantly resets once claimed. Is this intentional? Endless almost effortless supply of experience drops.
It's Sphax, patched for regrowth so it has all compatible mods textures as well. Here is the link if you wanna try it out, its 64x so isn't that heavy as well.
http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patches-rel-packs/ftb-regrowth-t3973.html

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

You have to actually right click the map to spawn the structure... It says as much on the tooltip from 0.8.3 onwards.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
The boiler isn't up to full heat yet. So is still chugging down fuel like there's no tomorrow.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think boilers eat excess fuel while heating up anymore. I thought I read that they eat more fuel the hotter they get.. So if you're struggling to fuel it while it's heating up, I don't think the situation is going to get any better.

Edit: Boiler mechanics changed in Railcraft 8.3; boilers now eat more fuel the hotter they are. So if you're having a hard time fueling it while it's heating up, the situation isn't going to improve.

Source: http://ftbwiki.org/Steam_Boiler_Statistics

Last edited:

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason why the metallurgic infuser isn't listed in NEI? It's kinda hard to make half the tech stuff in Mekanism without it.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason why the metallurgic infuser isn't listed in NEI? It's kinda hard to make half the tech stuff in Mekanism without it.
Script issue. Either full exit or look up the recipe by looking up uses of the casing.

Better answers are a few pages back in the thread.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk