[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
Also, I think the Lexica Botania suggests Elementium armor for the fight. I don't know why, because it's garbage; just stick with Terrasteel. The Elementium armor doesn't spawn pixies often enough to be worth the reduced amount of armor value, and the fight will last long enough that the "regenerate while hungry" mechanic of the Terrasteel will come into play.

Last edited:

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I think the Lexica Botania suggests Elementium armor for the fight. I don't know why, because it's garbage; just stick with Terrasteel. The Elementium armor doesn't spawn pixies often enough to be worth the reduced amount of armor value.
Terasteel. Resistance tainted blood amulet. Shield flask, regeneration flask and a flak of instant health were over kill. That's using the lightning focus to let me stay out of the purple.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what caused it but... View attachment 24473

I've had that issue in the past. Do you by any chance get a lot of repeating messages about entities being where they shouldn't be in the message log? My log file got to a few hundred megs really fast and the errors kept piling up. My chunk got corrupted when my PC turned off from a power failure and that chunk had duplicate coordinates with another one (chunks have two coordinates in the world) - I've managed to fix it by opening the world in NBTEdit, locating the problematic chunk and editing its coordinates to match where they were supposed to be. Sadly, neither removing nor resetting the chunk in MCEdit helped.

aceofserberit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm terribly sorry if I post this in the wrong forum but I'm at a loss of what to do.
So here is the problem: I died in the nether and while using some ender pearls to jump to my grave the game crashed. Now whenever I try to login as soon as the world starts loading and I just start seeing my hotbar and some netherrack the game crashes again.
My question is if there is some way of fixing this or if I have to start all over again?

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
there is no log, the game just shuts down.
You could nbtedit your character back to the overworld.
I would use http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...65-nbtexplorer-nbt-editor-for-windows-and-mac
Just open your player file in the regrowth save folder with this program and change the dimension id to the overworld (id:0) it should currently be set to -1 which is the nether.
Also make sure the Y coordinates are somewhere safe above ground.
Don't tinker with values you don't know what they are for and ALWAYS backup your file b4 doing this.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I highly suggest adding Aroma Backup for everyone, there have been enough issues with corrupted chunks or endless crash on load. Just grab the aroma core and aroma backup for 1.7.10. When used all you have to do is drag and drop out of something like winzip and your world is returned to the backup state. Automatically backs up files every so often for you.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
In a Smeltery; One obsidian equates to Two ingots but in a crucible furnace you get 9 ingots.
Putting that aside
Anyone know a good source of Power-gen? Getting bored of my high pressure boilers eating all my coal and want something new and powerful.
I get around 1440 RF/t per boiler but with an ever expanding AE system that constantly drains over 1kRF/t leaves me very little play. so if i want to use my fully upgraded Elite Mek Factories and giant wall of lasers to the fullest and not worry about draining all my power reserves, I'm going to need a ton of power.

aceofserberit

Jul 29, 2019
You could nbtedit your character back to the overworld.
I would use http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...65-nbtexplorer-nbt-editor-for-windows-and-mac
Just open your player file in the regrowth save folder with this program and change the dimension id to the overworld (id:0) it should currently be set to -1 which is the nether.
Also make sure the Y coordinates are somewhere safe above ground.
Don't tinker with values you don't know what they are for and ALWAYS backup your file b4 doing this.
I did try this but in the end sadly nothing changed

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
In a Smeltery; One obsidian equates to Two ingots but in a crucible furnace you get 9 ingots.
Putting that aside
Anyone know a good source of Power-gen? Getting bored of my high pressure boilers eating all my coal and want something new and powerful.
I get around 1440 RF/t per boiler but with an ever expanding AE system that constantly drains over 1kRF/t leaves me very little play. so if i want to use my fully upgraded Elite Mek Factories and giant wall of lasers to the fullest and not worry about draining all my power reserves, I'm going to need a ton of power.

this is my goto setup for power once the mana flux field feels inadiquate: http://wiki.aidancbrady.com/wiki/Ethylene

Everfreefire

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question. How does one obtain glass shards? I'm assuming it is by breaking glass, but either my luck is horrible (quite possible) or I am doing something wrong.

Also, is there a way to automatically collect essence berries from the essence bushes? I'm guessing no since they appear to act like cactus in regards to hurting you (and I assume items), but I am curious if it is possible.

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Do buildcraft gates have trouble with jabba barrels. It seems fine when i set it up. It doesn't seem to ever update though as the barrel content levels change. I have it set to toggle a red pipe wire on when the contents fall below 50%. It never turns back off when the contents go back up though.

Is there any place to learn about how the gate system currently works? I am having trouble finding anything.

The1bishop

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know a mcedit style program that works with this modpack? i'm getting tired of having to build nearly 100 4x4 plots for all plants.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question. How does one obtain glass shards? I'm assuming it is by breaking glass, but either my luck is horrible (quite possible) or I am doing something wrong.

Also, is there a way to automatically collect essence berries from the essence bushes? I'm guessing no since they appear to act like cactus in regards to hurting you (and I assume items), but I am curious if it is possible.
Golems have no issue harvesting them. I would try and avoid a setup where the walk on them. I line my 7x7 field with bushes that puts the bushes in the extreme edge if their range.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know a mcedit style program that works with this modpack? i'm getting tired of having to build nearly 100 4x4 plots for all plants.
I make at most half a dozen 7x7 with golems to harvest. Most things I build a stock then mut the seeds away. Coal, fire essence and a few of the slow seeds like diamonds stay on but for the most part 24 hours seems to work.

The1bishop

Jul 29, 2019
i mean for building enormous structures. i like to build one 4x4 for each in-game plant(to get each to 10 10 10 ). i typically don't do the color plants (dandelion, rose, etc.) overkill, I know

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
i mean for building enormous structures. i like to build one 4x4 for each in-game plant(to get each to 10 10 10 ). i typically don't do the color plants (dandelion, rose, etc.) overkill, I know
OK. Mcedit worked for me when I needed to delete a redwood back in my 7.4 world. Not sure about building with custom blocks tho.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019

From the dev:
You break glass with flint in your hand (25% chance)

Do buildcraft gates have trouble with jabba barrels. It seems fine when i set it up. It doesn't seem to ever update though as the barrel content levels change. I have it set to toggle a red pipe wire on when the contents fall below 50%. It never turns back off when the contents go back up though.

Is there any place to learn about how the gate system currently works? I am having trouble finding anything.
https://github.com/BuildCraft/BuildCraft/issues/3120
Will be fixed in an upcoming BuildCraft release.

Reactions: DeathOfTime