[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me out for a sec? The Wtichery Altar: does it ignore Creeper heads for any given reason? Only zombie/skele work?

AFAIK it is only programmed to get a boost from Skeleton and Wither Skeleton heads.

The best one is a player head. you can make it with botania.

Skeleton->Wither Skeleton->Player head
Player heads can be made with Botania as raven stated. They will show up in your Lexica Botania after you toss it into an Alfheim Portal. They are easy to make at that point and you can use various sites or people names to make it look how you want. I have a companion cube from portal sitting on mine for example.

@Bull_Boy Have you played with Storage Drawers yet? Right clicking on a master controller attached to a bank of drawers will automatically take matching items from your inventory, and you can pipe into them as well.

Mid game, with Automagy's Inventarium and Botania corporea added on top, who needs AE? Now if only the slave controllers could act as item receivers on right click, I'd be a happy bunny. Hungry maw works almost as well, though...

Plus, it only takes a single storage bus on a controller for AE to interface to all your attached drawers when you finally get Certus seeds...

I really really wish the receivers would let you deposit with right click...I'd use them far more. Or if Botania had a deposit block in Corporea...I love the Corporea network so nice to be able to stand near the index and call out what you want. Though I wish you could adjust it to use something like "20 planks" and have it ignore greatwood for example.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Skeleton->Wither Skeleton->Player head
Player heads can be made with Botania as raven stated. They will show up in your Lexica Botania after you toss it into an Alfheim Portal. They are easy to make at that point and you can use various sites or people names to make it look how you want. I have a companion cube from portal sitting on mine for example.

I really really wish the receivers would let you deposit with right click...I'd use them far more. Or if Botania had a deposit block in Corporea...I love the Corporea network so nice to be able to stand near the index and call out what you want. Though I wish you could adjust it to use something like "20 planks" and have it ignore greatwood for example.
I use a thaum craft mirrors and a hand mirror to put items back in my storage draw array. Botania to pull them out.

Mirror dumps the items into the world. Pick your favorite hopper happerhaek obsidian pipe or hungry ches to pick them up then pipe them into a controller or slave.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I use a thaum craft mirrors and a hand mirror to put items back in my storage draw array. Botania to pull them out.

Mirror dumps the items into the world. Pick your favorite hopper happerhaek obsidian pipe or hungry ches to pick them up then pipe them into a controller or slave.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
That's a nice idea, might use that.

Ah yes, the other issue with Corporea is that it is only able to count a drawer (edit: And barrels) as 1 stack of each, despite having many stacks per drawer. That and things like Clay and Clay blocks both being identified as "Clay" (same name in game).

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
I may have missed the fix of this issue and the only thing I can find else where is that it is a mod conflict but what mod, it does not say https://www.reddit.com/r/botania/comments/3hk7sh/the_progress_bar_does_not_appear_when_i_hold_the/ . In short the issue is with the progress indicator for botania. When crafting an item that requires mana infusing the progress indicator is not showing correctly. The items icon shows, but the cicular background with the progress indicator is not rendering at all.

Any ideas as to what mod could be causing this or a fix?

I have been thinking about this as well. My thought is it may have something to do with WAILA settings. By default WAILA has a blue background for the block tooltip box, however in Regrowth I noticed the tooltip box is transparent (makes it possible to see things behind it, but more difficult to read the text). I never got around to testing whether that setting will affect the Runic Altar "tooltip" as well and I'm currently at work. If somebody tests it out, please enlighten the rest of us to whether that is indeed the thing :) otherwise I'll test it out next time I play.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Has TC Draw Bridge been removed from the pack? I was going to wall off my area of work (can't be arsed to waste time and go sleep anymore) and I can't find it on NEI...

Edit: found out it belongs to a TC addon not present in the pack.

So I'll change this post to a suggestion: Have you considered adding Tinkers Mechworks to the pack?

Last edited:

Dwhiteycus

Jul 29, 2019
What the heck has happened, the version got downgraded and a lot has changed in consequence, harvest golems now rip up the plants instead of just harvesting them, resulting in my whole farm despawning, seriously not happy about that seeing as 10,10,10 osmium seeds are not easy to acquire. I can only recommend if you have a golem farm do not downgrade to where configs have been changed.

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to open up more quests? am at 340 quest completed, the last quest I completed was the create a village and trade with them for Deniers, did that, but no other quests opened up afterwards, chapter 14 won't open.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all. I'm loving the Regrowth pack! As a player who has always focussed on tech mods, the change is very welcome. Never really played Botania, Witchery, etc before, and this pack has really gotten me interested in al of these! However, one gripe with the pack is chests/sorting. While you can use BC pipes/Barrels to sort, I feel there is still room for improvement (especially since it takes so long to get to AE... which IMHO is fitting, as AE should be a late game thing).

To this end, would it be completely ruin the balance if something like Logistics Pipes were added to the pack? I know you'd still have to reach Redstone/Lapis/Diamond tier seeds to access it, but at least that will give some flexibility in terms of chest sorting. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Actually even though I dislike buildcraft, I could actually see Logistics pipes being used as a replacement for AE all together. :)

Reactions: Bull_Boy

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
@Bull_Boy Have you played with Storage Drawers yet? Right clicking on a master controller attached to a bank of drawers will automatically take matching items from your inventory, and you can pipe into them as well.

Mid game, with Automagy's Inventarium and Botania corporea added on top, who needs AE? Now if only the slave controllers could act as item receivers on right click, I'd be a happy bunny. Hungry maw works almost as well, though...

Plus, it only takes a single storage bus on a controller for AE to interface to all your attached drawers when you finally get Certus seeds...

Do large banks of storage drawers still cause huge framerate issues?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Tried them all when they finally load up i get purple and black square screen and then the game crashes and will fail to load unless i get rid of the texture file
Just to make sure...they are zipped and in the "resourcepacks" folder?
Second just to make sure...have you tried installing them with the FTB launcher?

Mr Muggles

Jul 29, 2019
What the heck has happened, the version got downgraded and a lot has changed in consequence, harvest golems now rip up the plants instead of just harvesting them, resulting in my whole farm despawning, seriously not happy about that seeing as 10,10,10 osmium seeds are not easy to acquire. I can only recommend if you have a golem farm do not downgrade to where configs have been changed.
To clarify, the golems aren't working properly in the "downgraded" pack because the Agricraft in that version doesn't play well with golems. I'd suggest updating Agricraft manually to the version used in 0.8.3 if you want to use golems in 0.8.2, or just set your launcher to launch 0.8.3 by default instead of the recommended version

Reactions: Draconicrose

amerob

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I'm relatively new to modded minecraft, but I've been playing Regrowth (slowly) and am really enjoying it. I'm still on v8.1 because I'm a little intimidated by the resetting of the HQM quest book which seems like an inevitability once I upgrade. Does anyone have any tips for a newbie and/or can you give me an idea of how long it might take to get back to my current place after upgrading? Thanks!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but you are speaking as someone who has played this pack multiple times throughout many versions, you'd be considered an expert. :)
Too True

@amerob The quest book reset is not something to be scared of. It comes down to deleting the player.dat file in the world save folder under HardcoreQuesting folder, the going ingame and typing /hqm edit (playername) and using the OP book, completing the tasks you remember doing. And get a tonne of freebies in the proccess

Last edited:
Reactions: Sungak

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I'm relatively new to modded minecraft, but I've been playing Regrowth (slowly) and am really enjoying it. I'm still on v8.1 because I'm a little intimidated by the resetting of the HQM quest book which seems like an inevitability once I upgrade. Does anyone have any tips for a newbie and/or can you give me an idea of how long it might take to get back to my current place after upgrading? Thanks!

i started playing after this update was released so i don't know what is necessary.
but if you only require a quest book reset and not a world reset, you can easily get back to where you were.
by typing /hqm edit in the chat, you get a glowing version of the quest book.
using this book you can complete quests without fulfilling their requirements.
you just have to remember what quest you already had completed and then use the book to re complete those quests after the reset.