[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, Botania particles and some effects don't like the F7 functionality to show you where mobs would spawn based on light level. Try that?
Cycled all the way through both mob spawns and chunk boundaries, it made no difference :/

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Combustion engines require more water because it's a hot environment. If I remember correctly they use something like 2x the amount of water when in a desert-like environment.

Pumps work significantly better when supplied with actual power from a Kinesis Pipe instead of using Redstone Engines, but even when hooked to your power grid one Pump still can't keep up with more than about 3 Combustion Engines while in a desert.

Once you are able to change the biome to something more friendly, they will be easier to use.

Actually its nearly 3x the water (the source I use says 5 mb/t in Plains for Fuel, compared to 14 mb/t for Desert). That would also explain the insane water % numbers I'm getting out of the tiny multifarm (its asking for an extra 1100-1300% - which my pump is handling reasonably so far).

Well, I'm nearly at the Coven stage anyway (infused, but no familiar), may as well power through that now for biome changing access...

Reactions: unknown zombie

kobkob1

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report:
Also by the way I dont have the time to check through all 600 odd pages to see if it has been reported.

When attempting to make wheat dough with a mortel and pestle thing from botania it gives me the dough but duplicates the pastle things however many crafts i would have done.
Version: 0.8.2

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yes we are on the same network but we have been trying to test it on other modpacks and it's not working at all. I am not sure what is going on we have port forwarding set up both are running the same packs and versions, but yet nothing.

When I was playing with my kid, we needed to have her do a direct connect (instead of letting the launcher search for games). When you open to LAN, it should tell you what IP address you've opened to. Have your friend direct connect to that IP address.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report:
Also by the way I dont have the time to check through all 600 odd pages to see if it has been reported.

When attempting to make wheat dough with a mortel and pestle thing from botania it gives me the dough but duplicates the pastle things however many crafts i would have done.
Version: 0.8.2
If you search the thread for "pestle" you will find 5 reports of this bug in the last five days. Three of them start with variations "I can't be bothered to search 600 pages of posts"

One of them includes an updated minetweaker script that will fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
I believe TPL put the 0.8.2 as the recommended version on FTB launcher since there are some people complaining about corrupt games maybe.. I'm using 0.8.3 so far and all fine.

My advice? Always have a backup, no matter what :)

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
Unlocked it soon after posting: Might be either Nether or regular osmium ore.
Hmm, I went a got all the nether ores I could find and only 2 more quests opened up, am at 340 completed but no more will open, can't figure out what is blocking the quests from opening.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused. I go to load up the modpack in curse and it says there is a update. So I prepare to update the server to the new version while the client on my computer updates. The update finished before I had even gotten anywhere with the server update. I was looking at the patch notes. I could have sworn I was on the preferred release branch and that the newest version was 0.8.3. When I checked my client though it said it had updated to 1.8.2.

What would be the best course of action? I am thinking regressing the server would be the best option. I am not aware of all the factors though. Is 0.8.2 more stable? Will anything be lost in the transition?

I know about backups. I have decided to go with the regression. It would be nice if it was posted somewhere (easy to find) why this had happened and what to expect when proceeding.

Thanks for the effort you have put into this modpack. It really does show. It is a quality pack.

Rand_Al_Thorn

Jul 29, 2019
ok i loaded up the game today and was told there was an update...so i updated or rather downgraded to the "new" version. Now i can see through my map every other step i take...anyone else getting this issue?

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Why is it that Millenaire mod is so buggy at times, I have to restart my server each day to stop them from glitching out too much.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me out for a sec? The Wtichery Altar: does it ignore Creeper heads for any given reason? Only zombie/skele work?

Bull_Boy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all. I'm loving the Regrowth pack! As a player who has always focussed on tech mods, the change is very welcome. Never really played Botania, Witchery, etc before, and this pack has really gotten me interested in al of these! However, one gripe with the pack is chests/sorting. While you can use BC pipes/Barrels to sort, I feel there is still room for improvement (especially since it takes so long to get to AE... which IMHO is fitting, as AE should be a late game thing).

To this end, would it be completely ruin the balance if something like Logistics Pipes were added to the pack? I know you'd still have to reach Redstone/Lapis/Diamond tier seeds to access it, but at least that will give some flexibility in terms of chest sorting. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

JacintUK

Jul 29, 2019
@Bull_Boy Have you played with Storage Drawers yet? Right clicking on a master controller attached to a bank of drawers will automatically take matching items from your inventory, and you can pipe into them as well.

Mid game, with Automagy's Inventarium and Botania corporea added on top, who needs AE? Now if only the slave controllers could act as item receivers on right click, I'd be a happy bunny. Hungry maw works almost as well, though...

Plus, it only takes a single storage bus on a controller for AE to interface to all your attached drawers when you finally get Certus seeds...