[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

TheMadman

Jul 29, 2019
Curiosity question: Why was Arcane arteries added? Considering all the options default blood magic adds(Potions, Blood letter's pack, Incense), along with the ease one can acquire copious amounts of gold for vanilla potions and the Magical crops potion plants, that mod is unneeded and frankly broken if left in it's default state. It utterly trivializes the blood magic progression in the same way giving players endless overgrowth seeds for botania does, stacks of knowledge fragments for thaumcraft, or even an infinity egg for witchery. It just... ruins the point. I would rather prefer the pack encourage the more reasonable options, like setting up a potion farm or a chicken machine, then using Arcane Arteries. While this is a personal opinion, adding that mod is always questionable.

The1bishop

Jul 29, 2019
I just found out what a dandelifeon does. Up to this point i was content with endoflames but this is insane! XD more mods should add stuff like this

do you have a good dandelifeon setup? I am having a hard time understanding the theory behind it

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
New pack update brings updated botania which means there's now an area check for the Gaia arena, so no more easy underground boss kills.
Oh well, I already have everything anyway.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Curiosity question: Why was Arcane arteries added? Considering all the options default blood magic adds(Potions, Blood letter's pack, Incense), along with the ease one can acquire copious amounts of gold for vanilla potions and the Magical crops potion plants, that mod is unneeded and frankly broken if left in it's default state. It utterly trivializes the blood magic progression in the same way giving players endless overgrowth seeds for botania does, stacks of knowledge fragments for thaumcraft, or even an infinity egg for witchery. It just... ruins the point. I would rather prefer the pack encourage the more reasonable options, like setting up a potion farm or a chicken machine, then using Arcane Arteries. While this is a personal opinion, adding that mod is always questionable.

The normal resource limitation has been removed from almost every mod.
Botania: Coal essence makes large endo flames trivial to feed. Creeper, earth and fire essence similarly trivial the materials for tnt and the entropinium.
Thaumcraft: essence crops make mass esentia relatively trivial to set up and the living wood wands make node hunting for vis a non issue.

the tech mods and much of witchery benefit from having infinite amounts of the base resources. Witchery with it's reliance on tree and custom plants if probably the most resource tight mod int he pack.

*Disclaimer time: i have very little experience with BM*
Getting more LP per prick is along those lines.

The difficulty, challenge and fun of this pack is the way TPL has tied all of the mods together and complicated the recipes and resource dependencies. Just getting your first BM alter requires Witchery, botania and agricraft at a minimum.

From my limited experience i think AA at the least will make self sacrifice a more viable option. In fact i would be delighted to see TPL implement a real consequence to that choice, i think he has the tools and the ability to do something on those lines with this pack.

Jul 29, 2019
I found a bug,

When using the Botania mortar and pestle to grind wheat into wheat flour it duplicates the mortar and pestle for each wheat.

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
One more multi-farm question... has anyone used it with pomelos? I've tried it in both orchard and the default harvest mode, and despite leaving it for over 24 hours in each case, have never gained a single fruit. Pomelos appear to come from mature leaf blocks, but are not harvested by right-click, so I assume I need to chop them down and gather them as they fall, but the multi-farm doesn't pick them up in the default mode. I don't know if this is purely an issue with pomelos or all fruits...

Has anyone made this work successfully?

TheMadman

Jul 29, 2019
The normal resource limitation has been removed from almost every mod.
Botania: Coal essence makes large endo flames trivial to feed. Creeper, earth and fire essence similarly trivial the materials for tnt and the entropinium.
Thaumcraft: essence crops make mass esentia relatively trivial to set up and the living wood wands make node hunting for vis a non issue.

the tech mods and much of witchery benefit from having infinite amounts of the base resources. Witchery with it's reliance on tree and custom plants if probably the most resource tight mod int he pack.

*Disclaimer time: i have very little experience with BM*
Getting more LP per prick is along those lines.

The difficulty, challenge and fun of this pack is the way TPL has tied all of the mods together and complicated the recipes and resource dependencies. Just getting your first BM alter requires Witchery, botania and agricraft at a minimum.

From my limited experience i think AA at the least will make self sacrifice a more viable option. In fact i would be delighted to see TPL implement a real consequence to that choice, i think he has the tools and the ability to do something on those lines with this pack.

While that is a fair point that this pack breaks every mod, I still think using arcane arteries is a step too far. You, very simply, could use melons, gold, and ghast tears to make potions to greatly accelerate progression in blood magic. Add on the Incense system, which allows anywhere from 20% to 300% more LP per heart sacrificed and you could be making hundreds of thousands of LP per sacrifice end game. Now mix in arcane arteries, and quintuple that amount. Now you see why I have a strong dislike of that mod? It is a flat upgrade, for far better LP generation with no downside.

And, call me Mad for this if you like, I already see Self sacrifice as viable early, mid, and late game. Granted, my bases tend to be built around a feathered knife ritual so that I am always in range.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Why not heat them up with creosote oil?
Just automate a few coke ovens and store the fluid in rc tanks. On a plus side you get coal coke

This extends a bit into some testing I did regarding the Industrial steam engines; I could not get more than 60 RF/t out of one, which IMO defeats the purpose of its use here (its rated to 80RF/t). I saw this behavior both in Regrowth and WLR, and for the latter I was able to leverage Ender IO to make sure there were no bottlenecks in the piping. I still kept the boiler in WLR, just switched the steam engines to TE ones (with augments).

I found it safer in the end to just create banks of combustion engines (two sets of three, each set cooled by its own dedicated water pump). That gives me a safe, reliable 360 RF/t that throttles down on its own (plus 60K RF storage between them). More than enough for most early and mid-game stuff (I don't do any 'keep running' automation), and should hopefully last me through getting an Ethylene and/or Hydrogen setup.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
While that is a fair point that this pack breaks every mod, I still think using arcane arteries is a step too far. You, very simply, could use melons, gold, and ghast tears to make potions to greatly accelerate progression in blood magic. Add on the Incense system, which allows anywhere from 20% to 300% more LP per heart sacrificed and you could be making hundreds of thousands of LP per sacrifice end game. Now mix in arcane arteries, and quintuple that amount. Now you see why I have a strong dislike of that mod? It is a flat upgrade, for far better LP generation with no downside.

And, call me Mad for this if you like, I already see Self sacrifice as viable early, mid, and late game. Granted, my bases tend to be built around a feathered knife ritual so that I am always in range.
Except the AA knives don't work with incense...

Reactions: Sephlington

TheMadman

Jul 29, 2019
Except the AA knives don't work with incense...
While that is fair enough, and I was unaware of that, I still will be burning any AA knives given or forced to made in lava and not touching that mod with a ten foot pole. I know I can't flat out remove the mod, as that breaks HQM if there are any quests or reward about it.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Strange. there was what looked like a thaumcraft bat near spawn on the overworld just a little bit ago. Started the server going today as 0.8.2 and upgraded it to 0.8.3 as soon as I had seen it was out. Been playing for a few hours. Logged in a little bit ago during the day. It got to night and a red fiery bat was flying around my base.

Don't know if it is a bug or a feature. either way it was kinda neat. I had no roof on my base. Nothing else could get in except for that. Added a little challenge where there wasn't none. Especially since the cypress finally grew and I was chopping it down with that bat flying around.

That is if it just wasn't a issue with my server.

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
Strange. there was what looked like a thaumcraft bat near spawn on the overworld just a little bit ago. Started the server going today as 0.8.2 and upgraded it to 0.8.3 as soon as I had seen it was out. Been playing for a few hours. Logged in a little bit ago during the day. It got to night and a red fiery bat was flying around my base.

Don't know if it is a bug or a feature. either way it was kinda neat. I had no roof on my base. Nothing else could get in except for that. Added a little challenge where there wasn't none. Especially since the cypress finally grew and I was chopping it down with that bat flying around.

That is if it just wasn't a issue with my server.

I found some flying around my base too, not sure if is intended or a bug, but not a problem...

Reactions: DeathOfTime

BillyKal

Jul 29, 2019
I want to get the assembly table, but it requires some mariculture ingots. I dont know how to get them... Can somebody help me?

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
What's the earliest option for a cobble generator that doesn't require a pick?
I usually make a powered stripes pipe (so you need gold) - there might be quicker ways, but this always works for me - pipe it into a barrel, just remember to turn it off before it spews cobble around once the barrel is full.

Reactions: DeathOfTime