[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

BH5432

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there. Me and my friend Have been playing the modpack for 2 weeks and we had gotten pretty far. About where Direwolf20 is. not quite to the wither but close. We log in today. to find most of out botania flowers are now poppies and when we hold one it says something went wrong. whole fields of magic crops are gone. Many essences have changed to something else or are gone. dunno what we did but something didn't like it.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Changelog looks interesting, Finally some Mek quests and the removal of the annoying dirt slimes.

Transporting all the oil from giant oil well that could fill a 4,000,000 MB Steel Tank 1.7 times, takes ages, Stacking Portable tanks on top of each other, each filled with a stack of Tin cans, and all of it to be processed into fuel for my Liquid fueled high pressure boiler to make steam for the industrial steam engines for RF which powers the refineries. a vicious circle just for power.

So if there's an easier way of transporting Large amounts of liquids between 1000's of blocks distance i'd be intrigued to know.

SecretSnake55

Jul 29, 2019
Just a bump so @thephoenixlodge can see my post :p
Hi @thephoenixlodge
I have a request to add 2 mods
1) dual hotbar: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/223272-dual-hotbar
2) Steve's workshop: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/223173-steves-workshop

It will be much simpler to just show you a short video then to explain it here!
That said I do believe both of these mods will be very much appreciated by most who are playing regrowth!
And I would like to also ask if there is something you have done with the mob spawning that prevents vanilla style mob farms this I ask in the video as well!

And here is the video:

And thank you @thephoenixlodge for taking the time to read and watch my short video!

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Changelog looks interesting, Finally some Mek quests and the removal of the annoying dirt slimes.

Transporting all the oil from giant oil well that could fill a 4,000,000 MB Steel Tank 1.7 times, takes ages, Stacking Portable tanks on top of each other, each filled with a stack of Tin cans, and all of it to be processed into fuel for my Liquid fueled high pressure boiler to make steam for the industrial steam engines for RF which powers the refineries. a vicious circle just for power.

So if there's an easier way of transporting Large amounts of liquids between 1000's of blocks distance i'd be intrigued to know.
Option 1 railcraft.
option 2 forestry bottler (i think it can be used with the crystal capsules from one of the thaumcraft addons they hold 16 buckets) use bspace barrels to send the filled/empty buckets/capsules back and forth. Probably want a couple of bottlers.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
For those talking about power - I had two oil wells near my primary area. Both are tapped out and refined now, and (after constant use by 6 BC combustion engines) I'm down to about 850 buckets of fuel left. I'm still not convinced about steam boilers here - the liquid ones seem too much of a drag on Fuel resources. I was considering plans for BC Ethanol (hence the multifarm experiments), but the Ethylene option seems like a good way as well (still using wheat as my catalyst). You could practically self-power Mek's 3x or maybe the 4x setup that way, though tbh once you cross into its 4x system the building footprint goes through the roof. :p

i personally like the steamboiler for power gen. about 16 max level coal plants produce enough fuel to keep a solid fueled, max size lp boiler running non stop.

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I believe it takes some time to have the patch listed to download right? Or there is anything else to be done to download it?

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I believe it takes some time to have the patch listed to download right? Or there is anything else to be done to download it?
Could be hours could be days. As long as you have your launcher set to recommended version it should ask you if you want to upgrade. If FTB doesn't flag .83 as the recommended version someone here will certainly notice and say something.

majorplayer

Jul 29, 2019
So with the new botania update comming it seems i have 4 options.

1. Dont upgrade the pack at all

2. Upgrade the pack, then re-add the older botania version

3. Add "A New Dawn - Botania" instead and hope it is compatible.

4. Add an infinite mana pool

@thephoenixlodge, can you tell me if there are any changes in the new version that are neccessary or am i ok to continue to use the older version?

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
Well, or use other flowers to generate your mana... I'm working on this already...

This is kind of personal but I think this change is more or less ok, however the passive flowers became kind of useless for late game and too much grind to the beginning...

Reactions: Sephlington

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
So with the new botania update comming it seems i have 4 options.

1. Dont upgrade the pack at all

2. Upgrade the pack, then re-add the older botania version

3. Add "A New Dawn - Botania" instead and hope it is compatible.

4. Add an infinite mana pool

@thephoenixlodge, can you tell me if there are any changes in the new version that are neccessary or am i ok to continue to use the older version?
You forgot option 5. Use passive flowers as an entryway, not your sole mana source. Honestly with magical crops, and golems being fixed in the update too, t's easy to get a tonne of coal to feed to endoflames. Oh wait, that isn't just place flower get mana. I agree heavily with the withering flowers, with them how they were, the best way was simply hydro tower of mana power, simply due to ease of automation. Ok, endoflames aren't that interesting either, but some of the higher teir options are really much more interesting challenges to automate, and while passive flowers were the go-to (and often only) source of mana, there was little-to-no reason to move out of that confort zone. Removing the endless passives, did NOT break botania. In fact you can still get Endless passives, via Primus Nodes (well not in Regrowth) or Using Overgrowth seeds under passive flowers (at the fairly heafty oppertunerty cost of doubling mana output of an active flower).

To me this anti-withering mostly boils down to "Don't change my free mana source."

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
You forgot option 5. Use passive flowers as an entryway, not your sole mana source. Honestly with magical crops, and golems being fixed in the update too, t's easy to get a tonne of coal to feed to endoflames. Oh wait, that isn't just place flower get mana. I agree heavily with the withering flowers, with them how they were, the best way was simply hydro tower of mana power, simply due to ease of automation. Ok, endoflames aren't that interesting either, but some of the higher teir options are really much more interesting challenges to automate, and while passive flowers were the go-to (and often only) source of mana, there was little-to-no reason to move out of that confort zone. Removing the endless passives, did NOT break botania. In fact you can still get Endless passives, via Primus Nodes (well not in Regrowth) or Using Overgrowth seeds under passive flowers (at the fairly heafty oppertunerty cost of doubling mana output of an active flower).

To me this anti-withering mostly boils down to "Don't change my free mana source."

I agree with these sentiments. Seriously just stop whining and cheat in an infinite mana pool if you don't actually want to play the botania mana management game.

another note with the recipe changes it is very likely that New Dawn will break the pack depending on namespace things.

Reactions: fefocwb

majorplayer

Jul 29, 2019

Why do you think your way of playing is "better" than mine? What gives you the right to dictate how i should play the pack?

I really couldn't care less what you think of my playstyle, i'll continue to play how i like.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
I just found out what a dandelifeon does. Up to this point i was content with endoflames but this is insane! XD more mods should add stuff like this

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019

Agreed. I've had a set-and-forget essence of fire - smeltery - floodgate powering a bunch of thermalillies while I've been experimenting with other mana sources. It's not hard to make mana without using the passive flowers, but too many people are whining about the lack of them.

Do note, though, that the overgrowth seeds no longer make the passive flowers endless, they just lengthen how long they exist. Primus Dayblooms are the only undying Dayblooms.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. I've had a set-and-forget essence of fire - smeltery - floodgate powering a bunch of thermalillies while I've been experimenting with other mana sources. It's not hard to make mana without using the passive flowers, but too many people are whining about the lack of them.

Do note, though, that the overgrowth seeds no longer make the passive flowers endless, they just lengthen how long they exist. Primus Dayblooms are the only undying Dayblooms.

I personally don't think it is necessary but if it is deemed that the barren world of regrowth makes the start to difficult adding in a recipe for primus passives is trivial compared to the other changes in this pack. Heck i am fairly sure that starting at zero i could make a minetweaker script to accomplish just that by monday.

This is MODDED Minecraft. If the game doesn't play the way you want it to change it. Learn MT and override the passives with the Primus version.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Why do you think your way of playing is "better" than mine? What gives you the right to dictate how i should play the pack?

I really couldn't care less what you think of my playstyle, i'll continue to play how i like.

I should note that while I agree with the passive withering, I still had use for endless passives in late game botaina, before the change to force passive withering. Mostly for fueling redstone mana spreaders used for things like the drum of the wild. My main mana source did (and still does) vary by playthrough, although now I tend to set up a endoflame for starter mana with the mana I get from passives.

It just irritates me how much people go and throw all their toys out the pram due to the lack of endless passive gen. It was never interesting (or in most cases pretty) seeing Hydrogenea Towers being the end-all be-all for mana. I admit, if Vazkii had gone and removed all non-passive gen, I'd have not been that happy. But that was the virtual state of the game. Hydros were the highest flower many people made. Why bother making a kekimus, set up complex automation to make it work, when you can simply have a huge tower of floating hydros around a water pillar, for similar mana returns.

Of course this means that Passives are now generally obsoleted by the later flowers, but I'd much rather have somethng late game obsolete something early game rather than the other way about.

As an aside, I don't like compact/advanced solars for instance, for simliar reasons, but at least you pay a space premium when using passives in botania (or spammed vanilla ic2 solars). In a pack with either Compact or Advanced Solars, you generally don't have much reason to risk buildng a Nuclear Reactor, which is generally seen as the endgame ic2 powergen, but I digress heavily here.

By all means cheat yourself in endless mana, but personally I'd find that cuts out more than half the fun.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
i personally like the steamboiler for power gen. about 16 max level coal plants produce enough fuel to keep a solid fueled, max size lp boiler running non stop.

For solid boilers, no arguments there. You've plenty of options, particularly with this pack and endless coal. Granted, with a good tree farm endless charcoal works in normal packs...

I'm talking about the *liquid* boilers in particular. :) Those can't be primed by the heatstones, so you *have* to let the thing warm up over time (eating quite a bit of Fuel in the process, for no gains). And a limited list of liquid fuels doesn't help much either - refined Oil is your best bet (limited to non-existant here), followed by Forestry's Ethanol at a hefty RF loss. An interesting challenge, which is something I like to do. As I said, probably switching to Ethylene next, just for the building challenge.

As for my interest in Fuel as a power supply, I'll just link a pic of my latest world from Wanderlust Reloaded. Nearly every well on that map is a geyser - to the point that its causing followup problems like drowning villagers and coven witches. :p Still, I effectively have infinite power over there. :) Just need an ender pearl farm...

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
For solid boilers, no arguments there. You've plenty of options, particularly with this pack and endless coal. Granted, with a good tree farm endless charcoal works in normal packs...

I'm talking about the *liquid* boilers in particular. :) Those can't be primed by the heatstones, so you *have* to let the thing warm up over time (eating quite a bit of Fuel in the process, for no gains). And a limited list of liquid fuels doesn't help much either - refined Oil is your best bet (limited to non-existant here), followed by Forestry's Ethanol at a hefty RF loss. An interesting challenge, which is something I like to do. As I said, probably switching to Ethylene next, just for the building challenge.

As for my interest in Fuel as a power supply, I'll just link a pic of my latest world from Wanderlust Reloaded. Nearly every well on that map is a geyser - to the point that its causing followup problems like drowning villagers and coven witches. Still, I effectively have infinite power over there. :) Just need an ender pearl farm...

Why not heat them up with creosote oil?
Just automate a few coke ovens and store the fluid in rc tanks. On a plus side you get coal coke