[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
I see alot of people mentioning the knapsack trick for the spiritworld. But when im there i dont have the knapsack icon. Also killing myself didnt drop its contents(read this on reddit).
So how does this work? Is there a hotkey for the knapsack?

I believe it's the Travelers Belt and not the Knapsack that works, default key is numpad 7 I think.

Reactions: Netherus

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I've been playing Regrowth for a couple of days, I've noticed a couple of icon texture issues that I don't know how to resolve.
All of witchery's items have their block textures and models and things like that, but all of the item icons are blank/a white box, the game sometimes tries to make something up for the icon which ends up looking weird.
Also the wheat icon is blank.

I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is having or if it's just on my end, but I've not done anything to the game files or anything like that? help please!

Someone fixed this by adjusting their Anisotropic Filtering settings. I believe they set it up to 4, but play around with it.

Reactions: An0nymuS

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I've looked thru this topic for Tropical bee tips, and I keep seeing the same thing about having a Tolerance of +1 in order to breed bees in Magical Forest or Ocean/Beach biomes.

My Tropical bees won't breed in any of those places, and so I went creative to get a bunch of hives for testing the Tolerance. After burning thru over a stack of Tropical Hives, I have only found this kind of Tropical bee: http://imgur.com/gGVProW

I've been thru Binnie's Genetics mod changes once, and don't really want to go thru it again. And without Gendustry, I'm not sure how to get these to breed for my Apiarists suit. Any tips?

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it's the Travelers Belt and not the Knapsack that works, default key is numpad 7 I think.

Travelers belt defaults to B i think and definitely works. I only mentioned knapsack because others have i hadn't bothered to ever make one. Is there a key to open direct to the knapsack screen?

I know the travelers gear screen has its own button, i think that is what numpad 7 defaults to, but i am not sure if you can get to the knapsack screen from there.
I would expect that the Witchinggadget cloak that has "pockets" could also be used, as i think it uses a key to open its gui.
Baubles items cary over you could have an upgraded crafting focus in a focuspouch in your belt slot and store an ender chest in the focuses crafting grid. or use the focus that opens enderchests. You'd need to make a wand but copper or iron caped wood should operate both those focuses. (assuming there are nodes in the spirit word, i can't recall)

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I've looked thru this topic for Tropical bee tips, and I keep seeing the same thing about having a Tolerance of +1 in order to breed bees in Magical Forest or Ocean/Beach biomes.

My Tropical bees won't breed in any of those places, and so I went creative to get a bunch of hives for testing the Tolerance. After burning thru over a stack of Tropical Hives, I have only found this kind of Tropical bee: http://imgur.com/gGVProW

I've been thru Binnie's Genetics mod changes once, and don't really want to go thru it again. And without Gendustry, I'm not sure how to get these to breed for my Apiarists suit. Any tips?

Acclimatizer will modify tolerance using reasonably available ingredients. http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Acclimatiser

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got a decent snowbell field up and running, you can use the snowballs to acclimatize the bees to an ocean biome... but using sand to acclimatize them to a dry environment (both 2, I think is the stat you need) is probably more economical, especially if you have earth and fire essence to the point where you can make infinite sand.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, I dropped in lava and water then walked away to get some other stuff done.

I always thought that the Tolerance of bees went both ways, meaning that you only need to raise it to 5, not to +5 or -5. But apparently, it does not work that way.

On the upside, if I ever find a Super Jungle, I can now breed these Tropical bees there. :confused:

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, I dropped in lava and water then walked away to get some other stuff done.

I always thought that the Tolerance of bees went both ways, meaning that you only need to raise it to 5, not to +5 or -5. But apparently, it does not work that way.

On the upside, if I ever find a Super Jungle, I can now breed these Tropical bees there. :confused:

I think the most you'd have to get to is +/- 2 on both, could be wrong. If you get their temperature to +/- 2 tolerance (with snowballs), you can run an apiary in an ocean or beach biome, and if you get their humidity to +/- 2 tolerance (with sand), you should be able to run it in the wasteland. (I can't remember which way it goes, but essentially you need to move the temp tolerance to colder and the humidity tolerance to drier). Once you get a good breeding pair of princess and drone acclimatized, the tolerances should breed down.

Pein

Jul 29, 2019
Travelers belt defaults to B i think and definitely works. I only mentioned knapsack because others have i hadn't bothered to ever make one. Is there a key to open direct to the knapsack screen?

I know the travelers gear screen has its own button, i think that is what numpad 7 defaults to, but i am not sure if you can get to the knapsack screen from there.
I would expect that the Witchinggadget cloak that has "pockets" could also be used, as i think it uses a key to open its gui.
Baubles items cary over you could have an upgraded crafting focus in a focuspouch in your belt slot and store an ender chest in the focuses crafting grid. or use the focus that opens enderchests. You'd need to make a wand but copper or iron caped wood should operate both those focuses. (assuming there are nodes in the spirit word, i can't recall)

Once you open the travellers gear gui, you'll see the knapsack if you have one. Right click on it to open

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
I can't do the fetish binding quest, the banshee keep killing the spectre before the binding ritual end.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that anything from Witchery can be composted. I have a heap of Mandrake Root can I can't compost that either.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
My Tropicals were a +1/-1 on both Temperature and Humidity and worked fine in a Beach environment.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Well, sounds like @Nezumi-chan been 9 quests in, isn't a huge time investment in so if you'd like to try for another base location I would restart. Would it be easier? Hmm well you would have the knowledge how to do the quests so it would be quicker that is for sure.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason why Water Artichokes can't be used to make compost? I guess, none of the Witchery plant produce can? Shame.

I don't think that anything from Witchery can be composted. I have a heap of Mandrake Root can I can't compost that either.
I'd already added Belladonna to the compostables for 0.8.3, but I now also snuck in the rest of the witchery crops.

Speaking of which, 0.8.3 has now been submitted.
Mod Changes:
- Added Block Properties version 0.1.2
- Change Aquatweaks to disabled by default
- Was causing quite a few issues, but don't want to outright remove it
- Updated ACE to 1.9.0
- Updated Agricraft to 1.4.3
- This fixes the issues with essence seed changes not applying, and with Golems behaving weirdly with crops.
- Updated Arcane Arteries to 0.7.2
- Updated Bibliocraft to 1.11.3
- Updated Blood Arsenal to 1.2-3
- Updated Botania to 1.7-228
- Updated Buildcraft to 7.1.12
- Updated Buildcraft Compat to 7.1.2
- Updated CraftingTweaks to 1.0.47
- Updated Enhanced Inventories to 1.1.8
- Updated Gravestone to 2.13.0
- Updated HQM to 4.3.2
- Updated Magic Bees to 2.3.6
- Updated Mantle to 0.3.2b
- Updated ModTweaker to 0.9.4
- Updated Natura to 2.2.1a2
- Updated NEI to 1.0.5.118
- Updated Railcraft to 9.8.0.0
- Updated Similsax Transtructors to 1.7.10.13
- Updated Storage Drawers to 1.6.2
- Updated Tinker's Construct to 1.8.8
- Updated Traveller's Gear to 1.16.6
- Updated WAILA harvestability to 1.1.3
- Updated Witching Gadgets to 1.1.10
Config Changes:
- ACE
- Added World Load message about pressing H to open the Enchiridion in game wiki
- Added functionality of spawning end portal structure with the end portal placer
- Block Properties
- Make End Portal Frame block breakable
- Blood Arsenal
- Disabled Glass Pains
- Enchiridion 2
- First work on adding information to the wiki
- Ender Zoo
- Disabled Khendrel Khegt/Dire Slime - I finally got sick enough of them
- INpure Core
- Script to readd mek stuff in NEI - should fix the inconsistency associated with using MT to do it before (any script reload would result in the machines disappearing from NEI)
- Forestry
- Add EBXL flowers as valid flowers for bees
- Millenaire
- Fixed Client and Server configs for Millenaire not matching
- MobProperties
- Remove iron and add mysterious maps to drops from vanilla zombies to TC angry and furious zombies
- Quadrum
- Fix cobblestone variants dropping cobble with invalid metadata
- Added end portal placer, prevents issues with frame block orientation
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Allow Titanium and rutile to be cast into nuggets on TiC casting table
- Allow melting down of titanium tool parts to molten titanium
- Add smelting recipe for nether sulfur to 6 sulfur dust since sulfur ore seems to have gone AWOL
- Fix Natura oredicts and make barley compostable (jriwanek)
- Make belladonna, water artichoke, mandrake, wormwood and wolfsbane compostable
- Fix Chainmail armour melting down into more iron than it cost to make
- Wheat and Barley Flour now requires Mortar and Pestle to make - fixes recipe conflict for Wheat -> Seeds
- Made ender essence -> portal frame recipe now create the End Portal Placer instead
- Added tooltip to End Portal Placer describing what it does
- Added tooltip to Mysterious maps regarding needing to be right clicked to activate the treasure hunt properly
- Added all the other Mariculture Limestone variants to the limestone chisel group
- Made Nether Saltpeter ore smelt into 6 Saltpeter (dust item) rather than 2 Saltpeter ore. Puts it in line with the previous changes to Nether Sulfur
- Comment out the NEI.addEntry() stuff for mek - moved to INpureCore
Quest Changes:
- "End of the Line" quest now looks for the ender portal placer rather than 12 portal frame blocks
- Added new resource conditional for Osmium ore
- First Mekanism quests

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Excellent! This covers the things that I found most worrisome. (Now if I can just find time to play!)

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks TPL. I especially like the Saltpeter change, as its the only viable (early!) way I've found to create Fertilizer for multifarms. Unless you've a mind to give Apatite seeds a whirl? ;-)

For those talking about power - I had two oil wells near my primary area. Both are tapped out and refined now, and (after constant use by 6 BC combustion engines) I'm down to about 850 buckets of fuel left. I'm still not convinced about steam boilers here - the liquid ones seem too much of a drag on Fuel resources. I was considering plans for BC Ethanol (hence the multifarm experiments), but the Ethylene option seems like a good way as well (still using wheat as my catalyst). You could practically self-power Mek's 3x or maybe the 4x setup that way, though tbh once you cross into its 4x system the building footprint goes through the roof. :p

[Hmm. I just realized that same big oil well is copied in the spirit dimension. Transporting that by mariculture tanks is possible (I've done it with the original one) but admittedly insane. As a reference - 16 of their tanks is the same as one Barrel in other packs, and yes I have been 'manually' filling and emptying stacks of these little tanks when moving things around.]

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks TPL. I especially like the Saltpeter change, as its the only viable (early!) way I've found to create Fertilizer for multifarms. Unless you've a mind to give Apatite seeds a whirl? ;-)

For those talking about power - I had two oil wells near my primary area. Both are tapped out and refined now, and (after constant use by 6 BC combustion engines) I'm down to about 850 buckets of fuel left. I'm still not convinced about steam boilers here - the liquid ones seem too much of a drag on Fuel resources. I was considering plans for BC Ethanol (hence the multifarm experiments), but the Ethylene option seems like a good way as well (still using wheat as my catalyst). You could practically self-power Mek's 3x or maybe the 4x setup that way, though tbh once you cross into its 4x system the building footprint goes through the roof. :p

[Hmm. I just realized that same big oil well is copied in the spirit dimension. Transporting that by mariculture tanks is possible (I've done it with the original one) but admittedly insane. As a reference - 16 of their tanks is the same as one Barrel in other packs, and yes I have been 'manually' filling and emptying stacks of these little tanks when moving things around.]

On Energy, I can´t find any oil source any my base at all, went far far away on any direction but didn´t find a single one... Because of that I had to "cheat" to get the bucket of oil... :(