[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, what options you use for long time supply energy? I was moving to steam engines but don't think worth much, the Mariculture rotor is very buggy (crashed my server twice) so I discarded. Really missing Big Reactors here.
Also oil seems to be out of question as I can't find a single oil spot close to my base and biofuel looks promising but is to much work to supply the fermenter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mekanism adds its own fusion reactor capable of supplying insane amounts of rf. You can use boilers to get you going to that point.
More info on the reactor
http://wiki.aidancbrady.com/wiki/Fusion_Reactor

Edit: just noticed you thought supplying the fermenter was a lot of work. But this fusion reactor is even more work so . Just spam boilers then xD

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm facing two very big problems:

a) Every time I try to hybridize Belladonna and Potatoes, the result is more potatoes.

b) I can't find my grave. At all. I think I died in my house, possibly near the door, trying to get past a skeleton, but I may have died another time before that and gotten confused? EIther way, I don't find a grave anywhere I could plausibly have died, or anywhere nearby. Checked under the house, on top of the house, around the house, various places near enough to the house that I might have died there... nothing.

the crop mutating thing is just pure rng, it will probably happen at some point.
to make it go faster, make more double cropsticks where they could mutate.

the grave thing is easier. after searching for my underwater grave for 50 minutes, i found out that the gravestone mod makes a text file containing the coordinates of you grave every time you die.
it is located at: C:\Users\yourusernamehere\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\Regrowth - An HQM Pack\saves\yourworldnamehere\logs

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
@fefocwb Currently I'm using a combination of mana to RF via a big (90+) endoflame farm supplied by a botaina tree farm (boosted with thaumcraft growth lamps) and Mekanism bio fuel from the overflow of sapplings

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
javaw%202015-10-28%2020-55-18-49_zpswadjbrxz.jpg
Of course it would be easier to show you in video format and I do livestream my Regrowth play on Fridays/Saturdays 1.30pm UTC onwards

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
Great ideas guys... Will try the reactor... but @Raetac , on the new Botania patch (that possibily will come with new regrowth patch) these endoflames will vanish after sometime right? Will you automate that creation/planting too?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Not endoflames as they're not passive. Only passives are dayblooms, nightshades and hydroangeas (?spelling).

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
are there any block-extending blocks in the pack?
i would like to recess some machines into the wall, but they need an item input, an item output and a power input.
i know some mods have blocks that work as extensions to other blocks so you can connect more pipes and stuff, but i dont know if regrowth has any.
multi purpose pipes would also solve my problem, but i believe those aren't in the pack.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
are there any block-extending blocks in the pack?
i would like to recess some machines into the wall, but they need an item input, an item output and a power input.
i know some mods have blocks that work as extensions to other blocks so you can connect more pipes and stuff, but i dont know if regrowth has any.
multi purpose pipes would also solve my problem, but i believe those aren't in the pack.
botania redstring container can work items in and out. won't cover power or fluid but it may simplify some things

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
You also could do Forge Microblocks as covers...or BC facades as they don't require lasers to make them

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, what options you use for long time supply energy? I was moving to steam engines but don't think worth much, the Mariculture rotor is very buggy (crashed my server twice) so I discarded. Really missing Big Reactors here.
Also oil seems to be out of question as I can't find a single oil spot close to my base and biofuel looks promising but is to much work to supply the fermenter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mek gaspowered generator. requires a simple to automate setup to turn water and potatoes (or other organics) into ethylene gas. With fully upgraded machines the ethylene production can support 70 generators which will exceed the high end mek conduits capacity by a fair bit.

http://wiki.aidancbrady.com/wiki/Ethylene

Added benefit: you can tap off hydrogen to fuel a jet pack.

ethylene can be condensed to a liquid and shipped in tanks for remote power stations.

paradoxbomb

Jul 29, 2019
(copy/pasting this from my post on /r/feedthebeast)

It seems that there is some sort of bad conflict when trying to view the AgriCraft Seed Journal when looking at it through the Enchiridion. I thought it might have had something to do with holding the BiblioCraft Clipboard (relevant crash report), but it seems that it still crashes when I'm not (crash report).

Nezumi-chan

Jul 29, 2019
the grave thing is easier. after searching for my underwater grave for 50 minutes, i found out that the gravestone mod makes a text file containing the coordinates of you grave every time you die.
it is located at: C:\Users\yourusernamehere\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\Regrowth - An HQM Pack\saves\yourworldnamehere\logs

The problem is, there's only two files, each listing one grave each. One was removed for being empty a while ago... the other is one I'd already reclaimed. The grave that SHOULD have the vast majority of my stuff just isn't listed, at all.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I'm stuck, and judging by the other responses, I must be missing something.

I'm in the Spirit World, and need to make Brew of Flowing Spirit, right? That requires Kettle, which requires Attuned Stone, which requires Botania Alfheim portal, which requires Glowstone.

How do I get Glowstone in the Spirit World?

Swiegetank

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I'm stuck, and judging by the other responses, I must be missing something.

I'm in the Spirit World, and need to make Brew of Flowing Spirit, right? That requires Kettle, which requires Attuned Stone, which requires Botania Alfheim portal, which requires Glowstone.

How do I get Glowstone in the Spirit World?

You can distill glowstone from blazepowder, and you can get blazepowder from cinderpearls in dessert biomes, IIRC.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
You can distill glowstone from blazepowder, and you can get blazepowder from cinderpearls in dessert biomes, IIRC.

Well, Distillery requires Attuned Stone also, so I'm still stuck. Not sure the Spirit World has Desert biomes, but I guess I can try searching.

Swiegetank

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Distillery requires Attuned Stone also, so I'm still stuck. Not sure the Spirit World has Desert biomes, but I guess I can try searching.

[Theory crafting] If you can find said blazepowder, you could always make a vanilla enderchest. You can get pearls from mariculture oysters. [Is their enough water in spirit world for the oysters to spawn?]

Reactions: Sephlington

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
I completed the first quest on "How the Recovers" it is called "Cultured Returned" is that all that is there in that branch? I have 338 quests done but no other in the book to complete.