[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
With the robot, might be a case of order which you place the gate/robot. I'm pretty sure I put the it down in this order, Gate, Dock, Robot and it works for me

The gate conditions for robots don't show unless the dock is present. It doesn't matter which order you place the dock and gate in - I've done both. But the gate conditions absolutely have to be set before placing the robot. I use quartz gates with red pipe signal on -> "work in area" and a red pipe signal off -> "go to station". I use the pipe wire so I can put the docking stations out in the middle of the work area, but it's not strictly necessary since they have something like a 2,000 block range from their docking station.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah ill post some pictures when i get back from work xD. Anyhow i am setting the gates like rivalyn is saying.
Here is a better explanation:

On a quartz kinesis pipe i place down a emerald and gate. After this i place down the docking station on the same pipe.
I then set the gate to:
Redstone signal off = work in area (map location made with the zone planner)
Redstone signal on = return to station.

Thats it. Now i place the farmer robot on the docking station and as long as the redstone signal is off the robot works in the specified area like he is supposed to.
But as soon as i turn the redstone signal on(i checked if the signal was reaching the gate and it was and the gate also changed the command, aka the red line indicating what the gate is doing) the robot start going to my other farms on the other side of my base and start harversting those.

Now this looks to me like the robot isnt listening to the gate correctly. Like i said ill post pics this evening.

2nd issue:
I made a tree farm with these robots and the lumberjacks work fine (i didnt test the redstone signal since i tought it was a bug so i avoided this by making them work while there is no redstone signal and this seems to work.
Same as before i set the quartz kinesis pipe down and then put an emerald and gate on it.
After this i put a docking station on the same pipe.
I now place another quartz kinesis pipe and another emerald and gate.
And again i put a docking station on this pipe.
Then i set the gates to:
Redstone signal off= work in area (map location)

Same conditions for the planter and the lumberjack.
The area specified in the zone planner is 9x9 while the area with dirt to be planted is 5x5. This is to harvest any branches.
Like i said the lumberjacks work fine (they get their axes provided by a barrel)
But the planters work fine for about 5-10 sapling and then they keep hanging infront of the sapling docking station until the need to recharge while there is actually room for saplings to plant. The docking station arent in use since other planter can still get to it but get stuck just like the first one after a while.

Anyways ill update this post with pictures this evening.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah ill post some pictures when i get back from work xD. Anyhow i am setting the gates like rivalyn is saying.
But as soon as i turn the redstone signal on(i checked if the signal was reaching the gate and it was and the gate also changed the command, aka the red line indicating what the gate is doing) the robot start going to my other farms on the other side of my base and start harversting those.
Sounds like a mapping issue. I've had to use separate maps for each crop that I'm harvesting and currently I have about 9 robots working in close proximity to each other.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a mapping issue. I've had to use separate maps for each crop that I'm harvesting and currently I have about 9 robots working in close proximity to each other.
Thats the thing, the farms he is going to isnt on any map i made. I know if you dont specify a area to work in the robots default to harvesting everything in their range. Problem is their range is like someone said above some insane number like 2000 or so. I dont want this since i dont nearly have hopperhocks everywhere and if i would i would need a sh@tload of them since i have almost all crops on a 7x7 field.

Edit: i can get them to work near each other no problem, yet turning them off is impossible.

fedprod

Jul 29, 2019
I'm to the point on where I have to drink Lilith's blood and become a vampire? I don't want to be a vampire, I don't want to regrow the world as fodder for blood thirsty creatures, so am I done then? if one doesn't wish to become a vampire one cannot finish(?) this modpack?
You can cure yourself > Rite of Remove Curse or defeat Lilith again and give her Garlic

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Thats the thing, the farms he is going to isnt on any map i made. I know if you dont specify a area to work in the robots default to harvesting everything in their range. Problem is their range is like someone said above some insane number like 2000 or so. I dont want this since i dont nearly have hopperhocks everywhere and if i would i would need a sh@tload of them since i have almost all crops on a 7x7 field.

Edit: i can get them to work near each other no problem, yet turning them off is impossible.
The map you are using to define the area , does it have a dot or a looped line on it

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
Quest book again has no quests to complete, I got to "How the World Recovers" and created the village as per the quest but once I traded with them for the Deniers to complete that quest and now there is nothing else in the book.
2015-10-27_08.26.56.png

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019

On a quartz kinesis pipe i place down a emerald and gate. After this i place down the docking station on the same pipe.
I then set the gate to:
Redstone signal off = work in area (map location made with the zone planner)
Redstone signal on = return to station.

Thats it. Now i place the farmer robot on the docking station and as long as the redstone signal is off the robot works in the specified area like he is supposed to.

Now this looks to me like the robot isnt listening to the gate correctly. Like i said ill post pics this evening.

2nd issue:
I made a tree farm with these robots and the lumberjacks work fine (i didnt test the redstone signal since i tought it was a bug so i avoided this by making them work while there is no redstone signal and this seems to work.
Same as before i set the quartz kinesis pipe down and then put an emerald and gate on it.
After this i put a docking station on the same pipe.
I now place another quartz kinesis pipe and another emerald and gate.
And again i put a docking station on this pipe.
Then i set the gates to:
Redstone signal off= work in area (map location)

Same conditions for the planter and the lumberjack.
The area specified in the zone planner is 9x9 while the area with dirt to be planted is 5x5. This is to harvest any branches.
Like i said the lumberjacks work fine (they get their axes provided by a barrel)
But the planters work fine for about 5-10 sapling and then they keep hanging infront of the sapling docking station until the need to recharge while there is actually room for saplings to plant. The docking station arent in use since other planter can still get to it but get stuck just like the first one after a while.

Anyways ill update this post with pictures this evening.

As promised here are the pictures ;)
and to Raetac the maps are all like they are in the picture i know when i open a gate or something with the map in hand it copies that location and erases the map i put in.

First up:
The gate settings that bug out when i command it to return to station
This robot harvests the plot infront of it, just like specified in the map, when the redstone signal is turned off.
This works like intended.
gMMnyVB.png

Here you can see the robot happily harvesting the specified area. Still working as intended.
U9o7fgm.png

Now lets try giving the gate a redstone signal. As you can see the gate recognizes the signal and is giving the command to return to station.
UwfMveP.png

Here you can see the little rascal ignoring the gate signal to return to station and heading to the big building with the little treefyd on top of it. This is my manual farm with a lot of crops. due note that i didn't make a single map to specify this area. This is where i draw a blank about what is wrong.
4qtFFVH.png

Here you can see the pipe and gate/robot without any gui in the way.
kVdAFkG.png

And now the 2nd problem, the planter.
first off the gate on the pipe and the docking station. The bottom one is for the planter, the ones on top are the lumberjacks but they work fine.
SCh1BeX.png

These are the settings on the gate
XMKzRkf.png

Here is the planter happily hanging in front of the barrel with saplings without planting them anymore. He will start again but need to recharge first before planting a few sapling and then will start sitting there again until he needs to recharge and cycle begins again.
unq7K3h.png

Here you can see the area on wich the planter can plant but with spots still missing saplings. These spots vary constantly so i don't think i missed them in the zone planner.
bVJWaOE.jpg

Here are the gate settings for the sapling supply.
ZgiltGq.png

And here you can see the percentage he starts thinking about recharging again and heading towards the charging station. When he is at 100% again he will plant a few saplings again and gets stuck all over.
KQrOCJP.png

This is my first time using robots and the zoneplanner but is it normal i need to put the zone planner in every chunk in order to let it see whats there?
This is what my zone planner looks like
yefYk8V.png

and here zoomed out a bit
9ElGR3k.png

The area he is showing as sea is actually my base but for some reason he draws an entire different shoreline.
When i put the zoneplanner in a chunk it will see that chunk correctly, but after some time (hours) it will return to sea again and i have to replant the zone planner in the chunk in order to let that chunk be shown again.

Hope this helped, any help would be greatly appreciated.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I've never actually used the zone planner, as I've had no need for it's more complex abilities. As mentioned in my big post on robots, I prefer to use a cube marked with landmarks, then right clicking the map on it to specify the area. I don't know if it'd have any affect on how the robots would work though. I see the zone planner being useful for either larger areas, or those that aren't a simple cuboid area. Most my robot's homes were also very close to or inside their work area.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I think I got it, @Netherus you're using AND gates, which require all situations to be true for things to happen. You need OR gates instead (that's what I use)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Oh I think I got it, @Netherus you're using AND gates, which require all situations to be true for things to happen. You need OR gates instead (that's what I use)
Feel free to try, but these only make a difference where you have two conditions giving the same action. So putting red pipe signal on > redstone signal and blue pipe signal on > redstone signal, will give a redstone signal when either of the two is true with an OR gate, or when both with an AND gate. If they had differing outcomes, it should make no difference which is used. That said, he has only single conditions for most of them, i.e. only for setting them to work. May be worth trying putting both parts on then forcing the robot back to station. The more extreme measure would be to pick up the robot by wrenching it, then placing it back down. I don't want to say more as I don't know the full intricacies of the Zone Planner, as I've mentioned, I've only used the landmark method for marking maps.

DanH

Jul 29, 2019
Any advice on advancing my metals/mining?

I have Alumite Pick and Hammer and have added diamonds to each, so I can now mine beyond Alumite (but I don't remember what level name). I can't mine Cobalt or Ardite. I did get some of the nether ore that smelts into Impure titanium, I think but to use that I need a blast furnace which I don't think I can make with the materials I have. I'm confused.

I have basically every seed from the first two groups and most but not all from the "Strong" essence group. I have all the metals through Alumite. I have the crucible furnace and made the QuickLime and Tinkers Construct.

What am I missing to get hammer or pick to the next level?

Thanks for any advice.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019

I have Alumite Pick and Hammer and have added diamonds to each, so I can now mine beyond Alumite (but I don't remember what level name). I can't mine Cobalt or Ardite. I did get some of the nether ore that smelts into Impure titanium, I think but to use that I need a blast furnace which I don't think I can make with the materials I have. I'm confused.

I have basically every seed from the first two groups and most but not all from the "Strong" essence group. I have all the metals through Alumite. I have the crucible furnace and made the QuickLime and Tinkers Construct.

Thanks for any advice.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe thaumium will mine Cobalt, so you'll probably have to get into the Thaumcraft tree.

DanH

Jul 29, 2019
Wow to get to Thaumcraft I think you need to raise Greatwood through Witchery but I'm pretty far from that right now. I'll work in that direction though. Thanks.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

Thanks for any advice.

If i rember correctly the next teir up from alumite is Thaumium. Don't be mislead, it's not just Thaumium that has this mining level. The terra shatterer and Pig Iron also have this level. The other alterative relies heavily on luck (Koboldite) so I won't include it here.

The terra shatterer is made with 4 terrasteel a mana tablet and 2 livingwood twigs. This essentially requires you to have access to Diamonds. It also does jump a tier in progression. It should be able to mine ardite, but not cobalt, for that you'll need an ardite headed pick.

Pig Iron on the other hand needs Iron Emerald and Blood in the smeltery. 1 ingot of iron, 1 emerald and about 40 rotten flesh should do the trick if i remeber rightly.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Wow to get to Thaumcraft I think you need to raise Greatwood through Witchery but I'm pretty far from that right now. I'll work in that direction though. Thanks.

Get yourself an egg-collector and toss them into your smelter to get the needed blood. I actually automated this in my last world.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
If i rember correctly the next teir up from alumite is Thaumium. Don't be mislead, it's not just Thaumium that has this mining level. The terra shatterer and Pig Iron also have this level. The other alterative relies heavily on luck (Koboldite) so I won't include it here.

The terra shatterer is made with 4 terrasteel a mana tablet and 2 livingwood twigs. This essentially requires you to have access to Diamonds. It also does jump a tier in progression. It should be able to mine ardite, but not cobalt, for that you'll need an ardite headed pick.

Pig Iron on the other hand needs Iron Emerald and Blood in the smeltery. 1 ingot of iron, 1 emerald and about 40 rotten flesh should do the trick if i remeber rightly.

I think that steel and titanium have the same mining level as Thaumium as well. I've upgraded my Alumite Pickaxe to Steel and I was able to complete the Thaumium level ore mining in the nether.

That said, Rutile ore (which is required for titanium) needs Thaumium level to obtain. Obtaining Steel is relatively easy if you follow the quest line, off the top of my head, doing the Carpenter quest and the Coke Oven quest lead you well.

Nezumi-chan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm facing two very big problems:

a) Every time I try to hybridize Belladonna and Potatoes, the result is more potatoes.

b) I can't find my grave. At all. I think I died in my house, possibly near the door, trying to get past a skeleton, but I may have died another time before that and gotten confused? EIther way, I don't find a grave anywhere I could plausibly have died, or anywhere nearby. Checked under the house, on top of the house, around the house, various places near enough to the house that I might have died there... nothing.

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, what options you use for long time supply energy? I was moving to steam engines but don't think worth much, the Mariculture rotor is very buggy (crashed my server twice) so I discarded. Really missing Big Reactors here.
Also oil seems to be out of question as I can't find a single oil spot close to my base and biofuel looks promising but is to much work to supply the fermenter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk