[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

majorplayer

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know when the Thaumcraft quests open? i have chapter 11 unlocked but there are no quests in there.

I have grown both a greatwood tree and a silverwood tree, made every kind of shard, made a thauminomicon, wand and a thaumometer and still nothing is unlocked...

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you - but I can't even get it to do that much. The farm simply doesn't operate at all, despite being loaded with water, fertilizer, power, dirt and saplings (and I only want it to grow normal basic trees for wood at the moment). And by doesn't operate I mean, it doesn't lay out any farmland or anything like that anywhere (despite having stone bricks on the second layer down).

Farm GUI Picture
I'm almost certain I'm doing something silly, because of all the errors on the left hand side, but I can't work out what it is.

Thank you!

Do you have stone bricks on all sides of the main farm structure? I noticed my farms wouldn't work until I had the first "ring" complete.

Does anyone know when the Thaumcraft quests open? i have chapter 11 unlocked but there are no quests in there.

I have grown both a greatwood tree and a silverwood tree, made every kind of shard, made a thauminomicon, wand and a thaumometer and still nothing is unlocked...
What's your arcanist reputation?

Reactions: Preladon

BlueDragon_Ned

Jul 29, 2019
@ Preladon: you miss a circuit board in the middle of the tree farm set up

@ MajorPlayer: had you craft a iron cap wand? maybe try that

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Thank you - but I can't even get it to do that much. The farm simply doesn't operate at all, despite being loaded with water, fertilizer, power, dirt and saplings (and I only want it to grow normal basic trees for wood at the moment). And by doesn't operate I mean, it doesn't lay out any farmland or anything like that anywhere (despite having stone bricks on the second layer down).

Farm GUI Picture
I'm almost certain I'm doing something silly, because of all the errors on the left hand side, but I can't work out what it is.

Thank you!
You don't want the default you need a circuit board, for a Manual Tree Farm (Orchard). It also looks like it's missing farmland, a set of stone bricks (or other material if you've used that as a base for your multifarm, for instance pillar quartz.) on which the actual farm goes.

EDIT ignore my first sentance here, skipped over some of the text when checking the picture.
It might be the case that the farm has the dirt and saplings in the wrong place, I can never rember which way around it is.

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have stone bricks on all sides of the main farm structure? I noticed my farms wouldn't work until I had the first "ring" complete.

So this turns out to have been the problem. I've built these before, but must have never done it without a full ring of blocks around the farm. It didn't need a circuit board just to grow basic trees (and harvest for wood - orchard is needed to pick fruit from trees, I believe). Oh well, hopefully this helps someone else!

Thanks Rivvest!

Reactions: rivvest

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest wrenching the robot to pick it up, then placing it down again.

that was easier said than done.
the robot floated down into the ground and hasn't come out since.
i found him eventually trapped in a one by one open space 40 blocks underground.
moral of the story, don't break your last docking station when there is still a robot flying around.

Wayno

Jul 29, 2019
OMFG been trying to find a way to get cinnabar/shimmerleaf for ages. about 2-3 days in real life time. looked EVERYWHERE decided to go over the files and read them. find a file on what to do to get it. *(#&$(*)$ FINALLY

make a block of amber bearing drop it in mana pool with alchemy catalyst

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
OMFG been trying to find a way to get cinnabar/shimmerleaf for ages. about 2-3 days in real life time. looked EVERYWHERE decided to go over the files and read them. find a file on what to do to get it. *(#&$(*)$ FINALLY

make a block of amber bearing drop it in mana pool with alchemy catalyst

There's another way, if you dive into bee-keeping.

The bees that generate shards will spread thaumic flowers. The blaze powder flower is fairly easy to create, but the bees will generate both as they pollinate.

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
So this turns out to have been the problem. I've built these before, but must have never done it without a full ring of blocks around the farm. It didn't need a circuit board just to grow basic trees (and harvest for wood - orchard is needed to pick fruit from trees, I believe). Oh well, hopefully this helps someone else!

Thanks Rivvest!

Just as an aside - reported this strange behaviour via GitHub on Forestry https://github.com/ForestryMC/ForestryMC/issues/916 and Mezz came back to say that this 'bug' isn't fixed in the stable version of forestry of v3 (v3.6.12), but may be fixed in v4.0. As this would be a significant change to the pack, I thought it worth mentioning here in case TPL wanted to look at making that change in a future version of this pack.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit late to this pack (I only found out about it because I started watching DW20s videos on it). I'm at roughly the same point as he and Soyran are at.

Anyway, I'm having fun and games (if you can call it that) with the mariculture diving quest. I'm not sure if I got a bad world gen, but the ocean goes from nothing to pretty deep in the space of one block. I did get a bit lucky with there being a cave pretty much at the ocean floor. I've dug an access route to it so I can get down to the ocean depths pretty well.

I've built the air pump and the basic diving suit, but I find it impossible to determine if they're linked until the air runs out, so it's hit and miss. You watch your air running out and hoping that you haven't crossed the 64 block threshold, only to find that you have and then doing a mad dash back to safety. Is there any way around this? or am I just being careless?

Is there any trick to finding ancient sand, coral and coral rock (I think that's the third part I need to find)? There doesn't appear to be anything in the ocean near me. Are there areas where they're more likely to spawn? Or is it just hunting around.

Overally I'm enjoying it. It's got me back into MC after a fairly long hiatus and it's a different HQM pack. Not as insanely hard as Crash Landing, and not as tedious as Agrarian Skies 1 (I never played 2).

Reactions: Draconicrose

DanH

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone give me a hint on Water Artichokes? I'm trying to cross between Beladonna and Mandrake but it's never getting Artichokes. NEI says use a water puddle or something on a normal farmland but I can't get that. I have tried normal farmland and the garden soil, both tilled and untilled. Nothing has worked. Please advise. Thanks

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
normal farmland, then right click it again with a shovel (or mattock), it'll make the dry pad, fill it with water. You'll also need a water source around.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any trick to finding ancient sand, coral and coral rock (I think that's the third part I need to find)? There doesn't appear to be anything in the ocean near me. Are there areas where they're more likely to spawn? Or is it just hunting around.

Luck mostly. Sometimes i get coral everywhere, sometimes i have to swim for along time to find it.

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone give me a hint on Water Artichokes? I'm trying to cross between Beladonna and Mandrake but it's never getting Artichokes. NEI says use a water puddle or something on a normal farmland but I can't get that. I have tried normal farmland and the garden soil, both tilled and untilled. Nothing has worked. Please advise. Thanks

Use a Mattlock on the soil twice (regular soil), it makes a dirt water box, add a bucket of water for each water box, then put the crop sticks as normal between the Belladonna and Mandrake

DanH

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a LOT Rogue_Bare and Unata. That worked. I couldn't figure out how to make the pool in the dirt without removing the dirt.

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
I'm to the point on where I have to drink Lilith's blood and become a vampire? I don't want to be a vampire, I don't want to regrow the world as fodder for blood thirsty creatures, so am I done then? if one doesn't wish to become a vampire one cannot finish(?) this modpack?

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen a couple of reports on this forum with people having issues with the liquid fueled steam boiler causing major issues needing chunk resets. Is this something other people have come across? I'd like to upgrade from BC combustion engines to the steam boiler but have been hesitant due to that issue reported.

If you have a liquid fueled firebox steam boiler, please let me know your set up is just fine and how long it has been running. I'm being very cautious here.

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit late to this pack (I only found out about it because I started watching DW20s videos on it).

I've built the air pump and the basic diving suit, but I find it impossible to determine if they're linked until the air runs out, so it's hit and miss. You watch your air running out and hoping that you haven't crossed the 64 block threshold, only to find that you have and then doing a mad dash back to safety. Is there any way around this? or am I just being careless?

The first tier of diving gear leaves a lot to be desired, it is linked as long as you have the gear on and within range, having to manually work the pump is tedious, but when you can make the next level of diving gear it gets real fun if your into water wandering, much better.

The Ancient Sand appears a bit more grainy(?) then normal sand, if your using a 64x texture pack it can be easier to spot.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Invest in a Ring of Chordata (botantia ring) and use it along with your diving gear, unlimited underwater capabilities and enhanced vision to boot :)

Reactions: An0nymuS

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm a bit late to this pack (I only found out about it because I started watching DW20s videos on it). I'm at roughly the same point as he and Soyran are at.

Anyway, I'm having fun and games (if you can call it that) with the mariculture diving quest. I'm not sure if I got a bad world gen, but the ocean goes from nothing to pretty deep in the space of one block. I did get a bit lucky with there being a cave pretty much at the ocean floor. I've dug an access route to it so I can get down to the ocean depths pretty well.

Ring of Chordata from Botania is a godsend. Wear it with the diving helmet, and underwater becomes a whole different ball-game. I had a pretty steep 'continental shelf' situation in my first world, so I know about that mad dash. (Also, Protection from Drowning poppet in Witchery.) The slightly maddening thing was that after doing significant under-sea construction, I finally found my ancient sand in a bit of shallows a few chunks from my base.