[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Skala

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a few months since I've played with Botania, so maybe I'm missing something but, do Mana Tablets not show damage anymore? I made and equipped 2 Bands of Aura and I just don't see either bar going up. I don't have any mana consuming items, just a set of undamaged manasteel tools. The bar under the experience doesn't show up until I pick up a full tablet from a reward, so if I have any mana at all it should show up, right?

Edit: Alright, after posting this I checked for any progress, I had to lean in close to the monitor to see ONE blinking pixel under the exp bar. I think I last played in July, have these rings always been this slow?? I'm still confused about Mana Tablet damage though.

Last edited:

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a few months since I've played with Botania, so maybe I'm missing something but, do Mana Tablets not show damage anymore? I made and equipped 2 Bands of Aura and I just don't see either bar going up. I don't have any mana consuming items, just a set of undamaged manasteel tools. The bar under the experience doesn't show up until I pick up a full tablet from a reward, so if I have any mana at all it should show up, right?

Edit: Alright, after posting this I checked for any progress, I had to lean in close to the monitor to see ONE blinking pixel under the exp bar. I think I last played in July, have these rings always been this slow?? I'm still confused about Mana Tablet damage though.

IIRC, the Band of Aura produces 20 mana /sec and the Greater band of Aura produces 40 mana /sec (if I'm interpreting the source code correctly), and a tablet holds 500,000 mana. Personally, once I've secured my mana supply at my base (I currently have 13 full mana pools, and I plan to expand on that even more) I use a Dominant Spark on one and link a Mana Mirror to that pool. That gives me access to, effectively, up to 26 tablets worth of mana until I expand my pool array again.

Anyway, I did the math on your rings and tablet, and if you're using standard Bands of Aura then your tablet will take over 3 hours to fill. The Band is only useful if you're using very little mana in the first place, a circumstance that is highly unlikely in this pack. I highly recommend using a Mana Mirror, it works across dimensions and has unlimited range but I think your source pool has to be chunkloaded. If you have tablets or rings of mana, those will be tapped for mana before the mirror.

Also using the Mana Mirror frees up a ring slot for another ring. Thaumcraft has a lot of goodies that often get overlooked thanks to their much more involved crafting processes.

If you absolutely hate dealing with generating mana with charcoal or food, Thermalillies and some kind of lava generating setup is still a perfectly serviceable method of generating mana, and quickly at that, if you use several at once. It should even be possible to pump lava from the Nether with a rail system, if you're not yet up to generating lava from Fire Essence or with Blood Magic.

Undrhil

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a problem getting the Regrowth server to launch on my PC and it is not producing a crash log when I run it and it fails to start. Any help?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I am having a problem getting the Regrowth server to launch on my PC and it is not producing a crash log when I run it and it fails to start. Any help?

Are you running through the FTB launcher? There should be a console log created every time that you launch a pack.

Undrhil

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to run the server. I didn't know about changing the line in the EULA file. That should be made more obvious for people who are just starting out...

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
To actually harvest them you should need a harvest robot, and the infrastructure to run it.

You will need RF power, but in my experience, robots don't use that much of it unless they constantly moving, also Buildcraft pipes are the best way to go here, as you will need gates (specifically emerald or quartz ones, I'm assuming the former as they are more flexible.)

To start off let's get to actually making that robot. You'll need a redstone crystal (Redstone block in assembly table, with a LOT of RF), 2 diamond chipsets, and 5 iron ignots, per robot. Each robot you make will want at a docking station to call home, which is 3 iron ingots and a golden chipset.

This robot you've made doesn't actually do anything. It needs to be integrated with a programmed board. The programming table takes laser power (and not much of it) to inscribe a chosen program onto a circuit board (i think this is redstone and paper, but i forget the exact recipe.) For this you'll want a Harvester Board, and optionally a Picker one if you want a robot to pick up the produce. (Although you can use any item collection method, like hopperhocks or gather golems.) You use the Integration table to actually give the robot the program. Place the robot in first.

Now you'll want to use landmarks to mark a cube around your farm, to mark the robot's work area. This works just like marking an area for a filler, or a quarry, except for needing the 3rd dimension. You'll also want a map location (aka yellowprint). Once the area is set up, right click a landmarker to make the area border red (if you haven't already) then right click one the same landmark with the map location. It should record the area. Hang onto this you'll want it.

For just the harvester robot, you can get away with just a docking station on a kinisis pipe, with a gate also on that pipe.

The gate will need Several conditions. The ones given here are assuming you want him working all the time he can, and you aren't using redstone nearby.

Redstone signal ON > Goto station
Redstone signal OFF > Work in Area (place your map location in the section that opens up adjacent.)

If you have a gathering robot too you'll need another station on this kinisis pipe line, and another gate.
This robot also needs somewhere to dump the items it picks up. Place a transport pipe on a chest or other accepting inventory, a docking station and another gate. This MUST be in the work area.

Space in Inventory > Accept items.

It's that simple on this end, but the gate telling the robot what to do needs an additional condition, which i forget the exact name of.

Redstone Signal Off > Place Items in Area (Use a map location on the receiving docking station, then place that in the area.)
Optionally you can also filter what items it'll pick up using:
Redstone Signal Off > Filter (Place a list of items to pick up, or place them individually in the spaces)

Hope this helps, as this was typed in a bit of a rush :p

Zedrik

Jul 29, 2019
My preference is for the Autumn Saplings, specifically the goldenrod ones (Not sure if they differ in just color or also growth mechanics, so figured I'd mention). When they grow large, I think I've seen upwards of 32, and they grow large with reasonable frequency. I might try out a cycle of Sakura trees for comparison.

It's under the first Witchery chapter. "How The World Grows", I think. I'll boot up the game and see what it's gated behind in a moment here.
Edit: The quest path is Witch's Oven->Cauldron->Attuned Stone->Distillery->Treefyd Seed. You'll obviously need an altar set up

Finally got there and the treefyd recipe requires ember moss, which I -STILL- do not have. Oh well. It has to come up eventually. Maybe.

Lord_Lurk

Jul 29, 2019
Found a bug related to Storage Drawers and the JABBA dolly, it seems to break the drawers entirely for ALL drawers if you pick one up with a dolly and place it back down, preventing item retrieval through normal methods(left-click) outside of left-clicking it with an axe as if you were going to break it. Had no issue replicating the bug so should be easy(my guess) to track down.

SinisterTree915

Jul 29, 2019
How do I turn hardcore mode off? Whenever I try the initial command, it says permissions are not allowed, and there is no config setting for it. The value was set to false in the config when the world first started, but I turned it on after about a week playing it, and there is no way of turning it off.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Finally got there and the treefyd recipe requires ember moss, which I -STILL- do not have. Oh well. It has to come up eventually. Maybe.

Oh, it will. And typically when you're standing right on the thing you're mutating. >_< (Murphy's Law, not any sort of twisted requirement.)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
How do I turn hardcore mode off? Whenever I try the initial command, it says permissions are not allowed, and there is no config setting for it. The value was set to false in the config when the world first started, but I turned it on after about a week playing it, and there is no way of turning it off.

Have you tried opening to LAN, then enabling cheats and then doing the command?

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
Quick multi-farm question - do they work correctly in 0.82 (with an upgraded Agricraft?).

It's been a while, so I might have missed something, but I have a formed multi-farm (I can access the GUI), with water, fertilizer and power, but the 'error' tabs on the left show that it has none of any of these things (i.e. no water, no fertilizer and no farmland). The server had a white-list on it when the farm was created, but I didn't think whitelist affected fake players, so I don't think that's the issue. Can someone confirm that they have a working multi-farm in 0.82 so I can troubleshoot?

Thanks!

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Quick multi-farm question - do they work correctly in 0.82 (with an upgraded Agricraft?).

It's been a while, so I might have missed something, but I have a formed multi-farm (I can access the GUI), with water, fertilizer and power, but the 'error' tabs on the left show that it has none of any of these things (i.e. no water, no fertilizer and no farmland). The server had a white-list on it when the farm was created, but I didn't think whitelist affected fake players, so I don't think that's the issue. Can someone confirm that they have a working multi-farm in 0.82 so I can troubleshoot?

Thanks!
Agricraft crops are treated as fruit trees by forestry, you'll want an orchard circuit board for your farm.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
i broke the pipe my docking station was on to replace it with a better one, and the robot attached to it just flew straight into the ground.
after i put the station back, its lights changed to yellow meaning that it is reserved for my submarined robot, but he is not coming back.
i also cant place a different robot there, because the station is reserved.
how do i solve this?

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
Agricraft crops are treated as fruit trees by forestry, you'll want an orchard circuit board for your farm.
Thank you - but I can't even get it to do that much. The farm simply doesn't operate at all, despite being loaded with water, fertilizer, power, dirt and saplings (and I only want it to grow normal basic trees for wood at the moment). And by doesn't operate I mean, it doesn't lay out any farmland or anything like that anywhere (despite having stone bricks on the second layer down).

Farm GUI Picture
regrowth-farm-gui.png

I'm almost certain I'm doing something silly, because of all the errors on the left hand side, but I can't work out what it is.

Thank you!