[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Re: broken world causing client-side crashes

So, we tried that. pruning everything from the map except our base didn't help, pruning the outer walls of the base did.
While rebuilding the wall we noticed an issue - we built it out of stone walls with a stone slab on top to keep spiders out. When there were fences (stone walls) in the water, one of the mods renders water in the fence block. A bunch of these together causes enormous client-side lag whenever a block is built near them (not necessarily the same chunk). We removed the fences in water, restored what we'd lost and continued on. The pruned world outside no longer had dead trees or slate in it, which was a bit problematic, but further exploration into new chunks was fine, so we could keep playing.

The next day I log into the server and insta-crash :(
When I get access to the save I'll try removing all the stone walls in mcedit, see if whatever mod is changing those can be avoided. As it stands, this modpack is unplayable :(
AquaTweaks is the mod causing the water to render in the fence blocks. You could disable that mod and see if that helps. As far as I can see, that mod is for looks only and is non-essential.

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to make that wand of summoning, no clue what it did till I dropped a gold block right in the middle of my base and clicked on it and clicked a random button on the GUI that opened...

Entire above ground base, mana production, 8 full mana pools and about 15% of my crops are gone

If you make this wand, take it far away from your actual base before you use it

Edit, I also didn't notice it said generate village, I thought it said villager
Edit2, I take back that 15% of my crops, more like 80% of them were actually wiped out

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to make that wand of summoning, no clue what it did till I dropped a gold block right in the middle of my base and clicked on it and clicked a random button on the GUI that opened...

Entire above ground base, mana production, 8 full mana pools and about 15% of my crops are gone

If you make this wand, take it far away from your actual base before you use it

Edit, I also didn't notice it said generate village, I thought it said villager
Edit2, I take back that 15% of my crops, more like 80% of them were actually wiped out

Yep, sounds like something I would end up doing. Luckily haven't gotten that far yet. Now if only I can remember this when I am wondering what the wand actually does.

Sorry to for your loss. Only condolences I can think of is that one day when the pain and suffering from such a catastrophe are over you won't be able to look back at the moment without a smile.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Seal of chest binding research isn't showing up. Doesn't seem to work for any build of TX since 37. is any one else having this problem?

Erywin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an earlyish game way of harvesting 7x7 fields of crops? We just got to redstone so we can make hopperhocks to do the picking up, but we are in need of a way to right click the crops. Does the Drum of the Wild work on agricraft crops?

Cheers,
E

edit: We're still a ways off from Golems or Robots.

Last edited:

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an earlyish game way of harvesting 7x7 fields of crops? We just got to redstone so we can make hopperhocks to do the picking up, but we are in need of a way to right click the crops. Does the Drum of the Wild work on agricraft crops?

Cheers,
E

edit: We're still a ways off from Golems or Robots.
Earliest is Forestry Farm; you should have the mats for that if you have redstone (gotta mine the salt, though..). Drum of the Wild does not work. Golems are broken in 0.8.2 unless you upgrade Agricraft yourself. Alternatively, use a scythe, but that's still manual.. not too bad with hopperhocks around though.

PaulK

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance to get Aroma Backup added to the pack? I know it can be added in manually, but "official" support would really be great. Plus it would help make sure that any "oops" moments by the launcher can be recovered from somewhat.

Reactions: creative_username1

Erywin

Jul 29, 2019
Earliest is Forestry Farm; you should have the mats for that if you have redstone (gotta mine the salt, though..). Drum of the Wild does not work. Golems are broken in 0.8.2 unless you upgrade Agricraft yourself. Alternatively, use a scythe, but that's still manual.. not too bad with hopperhocks around though.

Thanks, yeah I thought as much. Was thinking of setting up something a bit different with Botania, but can't find a way to automatically plant crop sticks and crops. Was thinking of using the Bore lens from Botania to break the crops instead of right clicking them. Is there any way of auto placing crop sticks and crops?

Cheers,
E

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, yeah I thought as much. Was thinking of setting up something a bit different with Botania, but can't find a way to automatically plant crop sticks and crops. Was thinking of using the Bore lens from Botania to break the crops instead of right clicking them. Is there any way of auto placing crop sticks and crops?
Pretty sure there's nothing, but a lot of people, including myself, will get excited if you find a way!

Reactions: fimbrethil

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
Oh god. All that effort to get Thaumcraft going so I can use harvest golems, and now I find out they're set on search-and-destroy mode? Goshdarnit.

Any recommendations for auto-harvesting? I know Botania's horn/drum of the wild does nothing, and evidently the harvest golems are out of commission, so what do I head towards now?

Reactions: DeathOfTime

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Oh god. All that effort to get Thaumcraft going so I can use harvest golems, and now I find out they're set on search-and-destroy mode? Goshdarnit.

Any recommendations for auto-harvesting? I know Botania's horn/drum of the wild does nothing, and evidently the harvest golems are out of commission, so what do I head towards now?
If you upgrade to the latest version of Agricraft, Golems should be fixed. Forestry Farms or Buildcraft Robots otherwise.

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even know how stone could cause a crash. From what I have experienced the block usually has to be able to do something. In my games, in any modpack, it is almost always a machine causing the crash. Is there any machine you deleted when pruning the wall, that was later replaced? I don't really know how pruning works. In MCedit I tend just to have to delete a single block and the game will work again.
It's not the stone walls that cause the problem, it's the mod that changes the rendering of them. We're not at the point where we have machines yet. what mcedit calls 'pruning' is just cropping the area to what you have selected - all the other chunks are thrown away and regenned when you load it in game.

AquaTweaks is the mod causing the water to render in the fence blocks. You could disable that mod and see if that helps. As far as I can see, that mod is for looks only and is non-essential.
Thanks! We'll try turning that off and see if that helps any.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
I have some essence berry bushes that I'm working with. Do they not spread upwards? I've left them alone for ages and while they've grown to full and are producing berries, it's still just the one level of them...

Erin

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble with making the metal seeds with the runic altar - I get how the whole thing works, I have plenty of mana, but its been at least 3 Minecraft days and no lightning ever appears to let me know its done. I've tried dropping the Livingrock on and clicking with the wand and its just not ready. But 3 Minecraft days?!
I'm also having trouble with my Tinker's shovel, wheat, Witchery items and books rendering properly. They're either invisible or books are a strange purple-ish square. Thoughts?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I have some essence berry bushes that I'm working with. Do they not spread upwards? I've left them alone for ages and while they've grown to full and are producing berries, it's still just the one level of them...
I've never seen my essence berry bushes spread.. is that a thing they do?

Having trouble with making the metal seeds with the runic altar - I get how the whole thing works, I have plenty of mana, but its been at least 3 Minecraft days and no lightning ever appears to let me know its done. I've tried dropping the Livingrock on and clicking with the wand and its just not ready. But 3 Minecraft days?!
I'm also having trouble with my Tinker's shovel, wheat, Witchery items and books rendering properly. They're either invisible or books are a strange purple-ish square. Thoughts?
Pics of your setup would help, you got the noise when you first clicked the altar? And have the circle when you look at the altar with your wand? If not, then it hasn't started.. Re: rendering, try changing your graphic settings, some issues are caused by anisotropic filtering.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
It worked! removing the mod entirely allowed me to join the server again. We didn't even have to reboot the server because the mod is entirely client-side. yay!

Reactions: JustHeyo

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen my essence berry bushes spread.. is that a thing they do?

Natura bushes do... and I thought I'd seen them grow upwards in the Let's Play I've been watching. If it's only ever the single block and they don't grow, that's fine, I was just curious.