[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Who use the crucible to process ores anyway ? You get a smeltery quickly after, it's just way better.
I do, I do! They auto-eject so there's less to automate on that side (though it takes more setup to automate the fuel, I suppose :p). But it's something different. :)

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Who use the crucible to process ores anyway ? You get a smeltery quickly after, it's just way better.

Automating the smeltery faucet requires a redstone pulse last I checked, and therefore redstone for an hourglass, and while I'm pretty sure I could use BC to pump things around, that just feels wrong to me. At this point, I have redstone, and could do this, but I've already got a perfectly serviceable Crucible Furnace setup that I just have to top off with coal blocks every now and then.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Automating the smeltery faucet requires a redstone pulse last I checked, and therefore redstone for an hourglass, and while I'm pretty sure I could use BC to pump things around, that just feels wrong to me. At this point, I have redstone, and could do this, but I've already got a perfectly serviceable Crucible Furnace setup that I just have to top off with coal blocks every now and then.
You can use Botania's new Hovering Hourglass without redstone.. and it's super simple to setup.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019

Put a drain block above another drain block, then put a faucet on the top drain and a channel on the bottom drain. Have it empty into a casting table with an ingot cast or casting basin that's on top of a hopper. It will continuously pour the contents of the smeltery out and back into the smeltery when it can't empty into the tank below it, until the smeltery empties out. It can be slow, though, since it sometimes doesn't continuously pour into the lower tank before going back into the smeltery.

Reactions: JustHeyo

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know that was the cause, Thanks. I use Mattocks all the time. If it's shovels that will keep them from spawning you would think a mattock would be ok since, well it is part shovel.lol
for that you'd either have to contact the author of TiCon or the author of Enderzoo, if they think you're right they might patch it ;)

Reactions: RehabOholic

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
for that you'd either have to contact the author of TiCon or the author of Enderzoo, if they think you're right they might patch it ;)

Naw, the mattock is actually an axe. That's from TiC, since the author of Enderzoo closed the bug report by saying that the Khendrel Keght respects all tools that correctly identify themselves as shovels. The mattock is also a hoe, but it is not and afaik never has been a shovel... and from one of Dire's forgecraft videos back when TiC was still kinda new, it wasn't ever intended to be a real shovel. I pummel my recollection for more but I think the only blocks it works as a shovel on are dirt and sand. I know for a fact that it doesn't work on gravel.

Reactions: PippinSmith

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Naw, the mattock is actually an axe. That's from TiC, since the author of Enderzoo closed the bug report by saying that the Khendrel Keght respects all tools that correctly identify themselves as shovels. The mattock is also a hoe, but it is not and afaik never has been a shovel... and from one of Dire's forgecraft videos back when TiC was still kinda new, it wasn't ever intended to be a real shovel. I pummel my recollection for more but I think the only blocks it works as a shovel on are dirt and sand. I know for a fact that it doesn't work on gravel.
My experience with the mattock was that it never behave like a shovel. Yes, it cuts wood fast like an axe but it doesnt dig dirt or sand fast as a shovel. Its easily noticeable if you try to dig grass, since grass is slower to dig then dirt. A low tier mattock speed is like digging with hands...

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
tyvm :) that fixed the problem! was getting very annoying to have to write the recipes down on notecards so the bf didnt have to keep looking them up in game for me :p
I had this. Ended up setting up servers on each of our computers for the different save files. This I have heard has mixed results though. Not every computer likes running a minecraft game and server at the same time. My brothers computer is loads better then mine, yet while he only had 4GB of memory in it it wouldn't like to do that. With 8GB though it handles it just fine. This setup also is useful if you get a lot of crashes. Like one or two a irl day. As the crashes are usually client only and won't mess up the map.

Nice to know there is a alternative though. I will have to do my best to remember it.

XPhantomFireX

Jul 29, 2019
The config is set at 65 radius, so the villages need a ~131x131 area. So, I used the botania rod to raise the land in a 9 chunk by 9 chunk area. I then used the wand on a gold block and chose the norman military village and it worked for me. This was on a multiplayer server. However, this was on version 0.8.1 of the mod pack. You could try that if you have/can generate a lot of mana. Not sure what else to suggest or try.

We tried that as well, We did discover that FTB Regrowth DLs client side, not server side, so we uploaded server side and presto it started to work.. for about 20 minutes. BUT, as we left the village area and returned from "quests" with items, the villages became so badly glitched up they were no longer interactive.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I had this. Ended up setting up servers on each of our computers for the different save files. This I have heard has mixed results though. Not every computer likes running a minecraft game and server at the same time. My brothers computer is loads better then mine, yet while he only had 4GB of memory in it it wouldn't like to do that. With 8GB though it handles it just fine. This setup also is useful if you get a lot of crashes. Like one or two a irl day. As the crashes are usually client only and won't mess up the map.

Nice to know there is a alternative though. I will have to do my best to remember it.

I was under the impression that the fix involved launching a single-player instance, then closing it out and going server-side. I could be wrong, though.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Vampire Tess

Jul 29, 2019
not sure wether it is a bug or is suppose to happen but after playing for a while my dayblooms keep turning into dead bushes. was just woundering if it is suppose to happen?

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
not sure wether it is a bug or is suppose to happen but after playing for a while my dayblooms keep turning into dead bushes. was just woundering if it is suppose to happen?

Yes, the decay time has even be elongated from the default config, but after the update it'll be fixed to 3 minecraft day.

Reactions: Vampire Tess

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
We tried that as well, We did discover that FTB Regrowth DLs client side, not server side, so we uploaded server side and presto it started to work.. for about 20 minutes. BUT, as we left the village area and returned from "quests" with items, the villages became so badly glitched up they were no longer interactive.
You will need to use a chunk loader on the entire village area to prevent them from glitching. Once chunk loaded, restarting the server should unglitch all of the villagers and you should no longer have this problem. That is what worked for me.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Quardum added Burnt Cobble breaks into Cobble 4:1 which will convert regular coble to it to stack in your inventory as you pick it up or will convert to join a stack of regular cobble when picked up. Cobble 4:1 is not usable with Chisel, it may not be compatible with other devices recipies i havn't checked.

Reactions: fimbrethil

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I was under the impression that the fix involved launching a single-player instance, then closing it out and going server-side. I could be wrong, though.
No, you are right. I just didn't know that when I came up with the method I am currently using. Just was listing it as a alternative. Now that I know the method you listed I will try it next time the issue arises.

Solax

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but could not find an answer anywhere (version 0.8.2.).

How is end portal supposed to be activated? I mean I have the portal blocks and eyes of ender and have placed them like an end portal is supposed to be, but it does not activate. I've re-done the whole thing multiple times with different order, different places, different biomes, etc. but nothing happens when I place the last eye.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but could not find an answer anywhere (version 0.8.2.).

How is end portal supposed to be activated? I mean I have the portal blocks and eyes of ender and have placed them like an end portal is supposed to be, but it does not activate. I've re-done the whole thing multiple times with different order, different places, different biomes, etc. but nothing happens when I place the last eye.
What has worked for me is standing in the middle of where I want the portal and putting down the blocks and then the eyes. Obviously, get out of the middle before you place the last eye. Not sure if it matters, but I place the last eye in a middle slot and make sure I'm up a block or two. One time when I placed the last eye when I was standing on the far edge of one of the portal blocks, I was immediately sent to the end.

nathanwe

Jul 29, 2019
Can I get an approximate ETA on 0.8.3? If its hours or days away I want to do one thing, but if its weeks or moths away I want to do another.