[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I've been playing Regrowth a lot lately : I have manasteel tools, most of tier 2 magical seed (air/earth/obsidian ...) and ALL the vanilla crops, magical crops foods and mystical flowers 10/10/10. Also got chicken, pigs and cows. My Botania setup consist of 20 endoflame I feed coal block when needed. Didn't touch Witchcraft yet and Thaumcraft has no quest available. I have some questions :

1/ I need water for my Agricraft sprinklers, the water tank thing I crafted for a quest can't even sustain one so I'm looking for better ways to generate water.
2/ Automation : when will it be possible to automate things like farming and inventory management ? In other modpack it's usually MFR who handle the farming but what are my options on Regrowth ? If I go Botania I'll need to automate mana gen too.
3/ Terraforming : my farm is getting really big, I'm flattening and mining nearby chunks to expand but it's getting really boring, how can I do it faster ? I know there is the great ticon Hammer but I don't have a smeltery yet, so any idea ?
4/ Is there better soil for growing crops ?

Nice pack btw, it's really something fresh : the way magical crops and Botania drive progression is unique.

Last edited:

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Wondering what everyone uses for mid-game mana production. I'm about to get the strong infusion stone, so hopefully will have redstone soon, to give you an idea where I'm at. It may actually be mid-late game?Anyways, right now I've got a coal seed farm feeding 2 endoflames, which I could expand, but that sounds boring and slow.

I could also probably get Magic Food without too much trouble at this point, have a farm of 10/10/10 versions of the crops for it, and feed it to a Gourmaryllis. This would have the benefit of giving me a superior food supply for myself. Once I have golems and a bit of automagy, I should be able to automate this.

Third option would be to feed 1 or more Thermallies. I've got a Crucible Furnace set up to convert fire essence to lava and fill tanks with it, so I could use some of that. Problem with that is that I don't think there's a way to automate this. The BC Flood gate may help, I'd have to experiment.

Fourth option would be a Rosa Arcana, with an experience seed farm nearby. Again, no way to automate this, but if it produces large amounts of mana, I'm not sure I care.

Fifth option, once I have essence of creeper, would be to have entropiniums. Automating this is possible, but likely late-game.

I've used thermallies and gourmaryllis before in other packs, so I have a decent idea how they perform. Never used a Rosa Arcana so I have no idea what kind of mana it produces, and never used a Entropinium but I've seen the version Dire built on the forgecraft. It looks fun, and I'm wondering if I could automate golems to do it earlier.

While I'm waiting for answers, I may experiment a bit.

At that stage, I've found the Gourmaryllis to be the fastest, especially if you can feed it 4 or more shank foods. I've been using those to boost things along while a pile of 14 endoflames keeps a steady stream of mana going from a barrel completely full of coal/charcoal. Entropinniums are alright, still need an explosion proof box to keep things safe though.

I never cared for the Rosa Arcana. It only eats your XP bar and I think it may be gluttonous, like the Gourmaryllis. That said, it also seemed slow the time I used it but if it was only eating XP enough to fill up then it could probably be much faster than my experiment demonstrated. However you WILL have to stay nearby to keep it eating. IMO, not worth the hassle unless you idle for long periods with a huge xp bar.

At the stage you're at, 3-4 thermalilies would probably suffice but I'd switch to Gourmaryllis once you have redstone and if you need/want a lot of mana fast.

Of course that also means updating agricraft yourself or waiting for the next version of the pack, since golems are still destroying crop sticks right now. At the moment, only Buildcraft robots can do the work without destroying the crops.

Mr Muggles

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I've been playing Regrowth a lot lately : I have manasteel tools, most of tier 2 magical seed (air/earth/obsidian ...) and ALL the vanilla crops, magical crops foods and mystical flowers 10/10/10. Also got chicken, pigs and cows. My Botania setup consist of 20 endoflame I feed coal block when needed. Didn't touch Witchcraft yet and Thaumcraft has no quest available. I have some questions :

1/ I need water for my Agricraft sprinklers, the water tank thing I crafted for a quest can't even sustain one so I'm looking for better ways to generate water.
2/ Automation : when will it be possible to automate things like farming and inventory management ? In other modpack it's usually MFR who handle the farming but what are my options on Regrowth ? If I go Botania I'll need to automate mana gen too.
3/ Terraforming : my farm is getting really big, I'm flattening and mining nearby chunks to expand but it's getting really boring, how can I do it faster ? I know there is the great ticon Hammer but I don't have a smeltery yet, so any idea ?

Nice pack btw, it's really something fresh : the way magical crops and Botania drive progression is unique.
1: You could look at using a pump from buildcraft or some such, if you can get a sustainable source of power. Otherwise, with the water tanks from Railcraft, their water generation depends on the biome they're in; changing the biome they're in to a "wet" one (like a Swamp or Ocean biome) would help them generate water faster. You could do this by simply relocating them, or by using Witchery to actively change the biome.

3: It depends how far along you are with things. If you can make a Terra Firma Rod and a Rod of the Lands, then with an ample supply of mana you could flatten the area by raising dirt around your feet. Or you could just work towards a smeltery and get a hammer, like you mentioned

Ria

Jul 29, 2019

If you have access to a pool of water (probably slightly bigger than your average infinite water source just to be safe, but even that might do), you can set up a boiler and steam engine with buildcraft pipes. Waterproof pipes and a pump can get the water into your sprinkler tanks and keep the boiler topped off so it doesn't run dry. Kinesis pipes can run power to the pump and any other machines you want to power, though I haven't yet gotten to the point of automating fuel input for the boiler. But it's not that onerous to plop a stack of coal into the boiler every now and again. The only problem is I'm told you'd have to have something hooked up to that uses at least some power at all times, because if you don't bleed a little power out of the system, internal energy buffers can apparently overload and explode. (Also, if you're in a place prone to storms, even if you're in one of the wasteland biomes, the water tanks will fill up from the rain.)

Maxxgold

Jul 29, 2019
If any of you are finding it to much to run a Regrowth Server feel free to hop on ours. CGMINECRAFT.Com It's using 32gb of Ram and a 4ghz Processor. It's a windows 2008 server and it handles Regrowth with no issues. We have permissions set up, and we have group ranks as well. We have regulars on 24/7 . We will also protect areas for groups of 2 or more.

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
Just visited the server, I got 300ms :/ Also have too much stuff in SSP to bother restart and play online alone.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
2 - With redstone you can setup a Forestry Farm. This is achievable around the same time as golems, but as others have pointed out, golems do not work without manually updated Agricraft. I think the Farms are little easier.
4 - Garden Soil is the best soil.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019

railcraft water tanks double in speed if they can see the sky, but even then they are still very slow.
but once you get a single piece of redstone from killing a witch you can make the builcraft pump and power it with one ore two wooden engines.
these require no fuel, only a redstone signal to work.
that hammer is achievable without a smeltery.
as far as tinkers is concerned, manasteel, elementium and terrrasteel are no metals.
so you can create tools of them without casts using the part builder.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
How do you change a single player game to creative?
Quick and dirty:

Press escape, choose open game to lan and the option allow cheats.
After that, open chat and type '/gamemode c' and you are in creative. Type '/gamemode s' and you are back in survival.

There are other ways with NEI but this one works anywhere, modded, vanilla...

After you made your changes I advise you to exit the world and go back again, since it is open to lan, it is running as a server and you will not be able to pause the game when you press Escape, so exit and load the world to go back to default single player behaviour.

When placing the ender frame, you must always be in the center of where the portal will be, so the blocks are placed facing the center. If they are not facing the center, they will not create a portal. And these blocks have bedrock hardness, you cannot ever remove them unless in creative. So, think where you want the portal before place them.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
2 - With redstone you can setup a Forestry Farm. This is achievable around the same time as golems, but as others have pointed out, golems do not work without manually updated Agricraft. I think the Farms are little easier.
4 - Garden Soil is the best soil.
Forestry farm does not work with tiled garden soil... At least its what I was told.

Currently, only BC robots work.

Featherbrain

Jul 29, 2019
Quick and dirty:

Press escape, choose open game to lan and the option allow cheats.
After that, open chat and type '/gamemode c' and you are in creative. Type '/gamemode s' and you are back in survival.

There are other ways with NEI but this one works anywhere, modded, vanilla...

After you made your changes I advise you to exit the world and go back again, since it is open to lan, it is running as a server and you will not be able to pause the game when you press Escape, so exit and load the world to go back to default single player behaviour.

When placing the ender frame, you must always be in the center of where the portal will be, so the blocks are placed facing the center. If they are not facing the center, they will not create a portal. And these blocks have bedrock hardness, you cannot ever remove them unless in creative. So, think where you want the portal before place them.
Thnx worked like a charm. Maybe the way to lay the portal frame should be explained in the quest book.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to post this yesterday. Decided it sounded to much like nit picking though. It keeps bothering me every time I think about it so I decided to post it anyway.

I was looking at the patch notes on dropbox when I noticed there was a version 0.8.3 area with notes in it. I thought this was most likely upcoming changes. It did take up the spot where upcoming changes used to be posted. I had to take a look anyways. Searched this thread. Read of few pages of it too. Booted up both the FTB and Curse launcher. The update didn't seem to be out. Got me to thinking of a suggestion though.

If it isn't to much of a bother could you start adding something besides the new patch iterations to say that they are released? So that the line would read something like "0.8.2 (Released - 13/10/2015)".

I know it isn't that much of a biggy. I think it would be a general all around QOL improvement though.

Reactions: Draconicrose

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
And I'm still looking for any help with the witchery textures being black or white boxes in inventory slots and fine in the world. Any suggestions of what to do? Also, my drawers stop working whenever I switch modes and I have to reload completely.

Try reducing MIPMAP levels and fiddling with AA/AF settings.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Small scale but very simple early semi auto mana: furnace with wooden extraction pipe wooden engine feeding to a clay pipe leading back to the furnace to keep it fueled. cobble pipes off the clay one to an open crate over four endo flames. feed the furnace wood with a hopper. Because of the way endo's burn fuel the furnace produces charcoal 4 times faster than one endo can eat it so the endo to furnace ratio takes care of all the timing. one out of every 8 charcoal goes to the furnace (one out of 16 with the netherrack furnace).

This is more of a gap filler between passive flowers and getting redstone than long term solution but it takes a lot less attention than hand feeding anything and can be set up as soon as you have trees.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
railcraft water tanks double in speed if they can see the sky, but even then they are still very slow.
but once you get a single piece of redstone from killing a witch you can make the builcraft pump and power it with one ore two wooden engines.
these require no fuel, only a redstone signal to work.
that hammer is achievable without a smeltery.
as far as tinkers is concerned, manasteel, elementium and terrrasteel are no metals.
so you can create tools of them without casts using the part builder.

TPL removed redstone from witches.
hammer does require the upgraded tool station wich needs four blocks of copper/iron and seared brick with means that it is after the crucible furnace at a minimum. and if you have started making seared bricks you are effectively at the smeltery stage.