[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I've been playing Regrowth a lot lately : I have manasteel tools, most of tier 2 magical seed (air/earth/obsidian ...) and ALL the vanilla crops, magical crops foods and mystical flowers 10/10/10. Also got chicken, pigs and cows. My Botania setup consist of 20 endoflame I feed coal block when needed. Didn't touch Witchcraft yet and Thaumcraft has no quest available. I have some questions :

1/ I need water for my Agricraft sprinklers, the water tank thing I crafted for a quest can't even sustain one so I'm looking for better ways to generate water.
2/ Automation : when will it be possible to automate things like farming and inventory management ? In other modpack it's usually MFR who handle the farming but what are my options on Regrowth ? If I go Botania I'll need to automate mana gen too.
3/ Terraforming : my farm is getting really big, I'm flattening and mining nearby chunks to expand but it's getting really boring, how can I do it faster ? I know there is the great ticon Hammer but I don't have a smeltery yet, so any idea ?
4/ Is there better soil for growing crops ?

Nice pack btw, it's really something fresh : the way magical crops and Botania drive progression is unique.

Upgraded terrashatter from botania is like the tic hammer that covers more area and doesn't ignore dirt/sand/gravel and is good for flattening. The botania rod that makes dirt coupled with the rod of shifting crust can turn large chunks of the landscape to dirt for the cost of manna. While technically not requiring the smeltery they both require iron and diamonds so you are liley not able to make them yet.

I find Thaumcraft golems are far easier than the other automation for farming. Coal is likely the simplest auto mana. Lots of videos show how to auto feed endoflames. purplementats are the ones i learned it from.

Botania has a magic alternative to AE2. AE2 and the botania system both synergize very well with Storage drawers. Storage drawers are so good i only use barrels for B-space, and even that goes away one i get to the end and can set up botania coporea.

Reactions: Draconicrose

Urist McStout-Horn

Jul 29, 2019
Small scale but very simple early semi auto mana: furnace with wooden extraction pipe wooden engine feeding to a clay pipe leading back to the furnace to keep it fueled. cobble pipes off the clay one to an open crate over four endo flames. feed the furnace wood with a hopper. Because of the way endo's burn fuel the furnace produces charcoal 4 times faster than one endo can eat it so the endo to furnace ratio takes care of all the timing. one out of every 8 charcoal goes to the furnace (one out of 16 with the netherrack furnace).

This is more of a gap filler between passive flowers and getting redstone than long term solution but it takes a lot less attention than hand feeding anything and can be set up as soon as you have trees.

Might I suggest something using coal coke? It's relatively simple if you've got the iron for the pistons for the engines. Pic related for all of my mana needs since I got engines.
zzkFioN.png

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Forestry Farms with tilled garden soil... manual farm, orchard type.
Jeez, I knew I was forgetting something. I have a friend who is so dismissive of all things Forestry that I literally forgot that the mod exist. I used to like it, too. Heck, I'm going to set up a bunch of those farms now because I've been hurting for some automation for a while now.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
MAN! I just started up again after getting really far the first time and I forgot how grindy the first half of the pack is.lol Not complaining, just feeling burnt out on Farmville 9000:p Its my fault I guess for feeling like I need to get seeds up to 10,10,10 before cross breeding more. My eyes are bleeding:p

XPhantomFireX

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I wonder if someone might help me. The answer might be here already but for the life of me I cannot find it.
I play MC with a group of 6 individuals. We just got into Regrowth and we love it so far. HOWEVER, we have run into a snag.
The Wand of summoning does not work for us at all. It DOES in single player, but, nothing we have done thus far will get it to work in multi player.
we have changed the biome, cleared a 50X50 plot, used gold and used obsidian blocks, Read and reread forum postings.. And we can find no info on how to actually summon a village ( which was one thing we had all been looking forward to with this particular pack). Clicking the wand does nothing. The millenaire pack is 6.00 if this matters. Can anyone help me with this?
TYFYT.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I wonder if someone might help me. The answer might be here already but for the life of me I cannot find it.
I play MC with a group of 6 individuals. We just got into Regrowth and we love it so far. HOWEVER, we have run into a snag.
The Wand of summoning does not work for us at all. It DOES in single player, but, nothing we have done thus far will get it to work in multi player.
we have changed the biome, cleared a 50X50 plot, used gold and used obsidian blocks, Read and reread forum postings.. And we can find no info on how to actually summon a village ( which was one thing we had all been looking forward to with this particular pack). Clicking the wand does nothing. The millenaire pack is 6.00 if this matters. Can anyone help me with this?
TYFYT.
there have been multiple reports in this tread about the wand of summoning not working on a server, but no solutions have been found yet, sorry..

Edit: because you're talking about a small group and not a big server, I assume you have access to the world file.
Try copying the world and loading it in singleplayer, use the wand, then put the save back in your server, that might work.

XPhantomFireX

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you pippin for your reply. The suggestion is interesting however, we have been playing for three months now, the world file is rather huge. The members don't want to risk a minecraft mod induced hissy fit :) I do appreciate you taking the time to suggest something however :)
I hope a fix is found for this issue. This game would really be awesome with the added villages.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thank you pippin for your reply. The suggestion is interesting however, we have been playing for three months now, the world file is rather huge. The members don't want to risk a minecraft mod induced hissy fit :)

I think that's why pippin suggested making a copy of the worldfile to attempt the summoning, assuming that there is someone who has a machine capable of running it single-player. That way, if there is a 'hissy fit', the original worldfile can be restored in no time at all.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
TYFYT.
The config is set at 65 radius, so the villages need a ~131x131 area. So, I used the botania rod to raise the land in a 9 chunk by 9 chunk area. I then used the wand on a gold block and chose the norman military village and it worked for me. This was on a multiplayer server. However, this was on version 0.8.1 of the mod pack. You could try that if you have/can generate a lot of mana. Not sure what else to suggest or try.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's new.lol Mining some dirt and out comes some crazy mobs! The ones that seem to grow when hit hit like mac trucks.... Crazy mud slime looking things.. Why you hate me so much. It kind of stinks that when you kill them you still loose the dirt you mined. Oh-well

Reactions: fimbrethil

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Got a quick question about the Crucible Furnace: All the ores except gold produce 2 ingots per ore block. However, Gold produces 1 ingot, 4 nuggets, and 8 mb. This seems off. Is this intended, or is it a bug?

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's new.lol Mining some dirt and out comes some crazy mobs! The ones that seem to grow when hit hit like mac trucks.... Crazy mud slime looking things.. Why you hate me so much. It kind of stinks that when you kill them you still loose the dirt you mined. Oh-well
use a shovel to mine dirt xD

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Got a quick question about the Crucible Furnace: All the ores except gold produce 2 ingots per ore block. However, Gold produces 1 ingot, 4 nuggets, and 8 mb. This seems off. Is this intended, or is it a bug?
They should all be producing 1.5 ingots per ore in the Crucible, as that is what I made it do with Minetweaker.

myrkana

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: everytime I go to look at the recipes for runes or seeds while in a lan game my whole game crashes, my bf who is in the same game and the host can do it just fine but if I atempt to use the nei to look up either of those things I crash :/ any fix for this?

edit: also if I look at the seed book it crashes past the first pages, if i clcick the arrow at the bottom to go to a third page it crashes as well

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
BC transport pipes noob here....

So my question is there any way to make a round-robin system with BC pipes? Like put one coal on each hopper :cof: endoflames :cof:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Quick question: everytime I go to look at the recipes for runes or seeds while in a lan game my whole game crashes, my bf who is in the same game and the host can do it just fine but if I atempt to use the nei to look up either of those things I crash :/ any fix for this?

edit: also if I look at the seed book it crashes past the first pages, if i clcick the arrow at the bottom to go to a third page it crashes as well

There's a solution in this post here.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

myrkana

Jul 29, 2019
tyvm :) that fixed the problem! was getting very annoying to have to write the recipes down on notecards so the bf didnt have to keep looking them up in game for me :p