[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I can't make greatwood slabs the recipe gives oak slabs

Following up on this... it looks like the recipe for oak slabs will take ANY kind of wood whatsoever, so this could be an issue regardless of wood type.

It's definitely a larger issue with the Greatwood slabs though, since you may find it difficult to craft the thaumcraft tables without them.

edit: [For clarity] I've observed this bug with the Greatwood planks -> slabs recipe. I haven't seen it with any other wood type yet.

edit2: This seems only to affect only the Witchery and Thaumcraft trees, and the fireproof version of forestry planks (though there is no fireproof slab version).

Last edited:

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I´m just being an idiot, but it seems like dirt is disappearing under some of my trees once they grow. I mainly see it on jungle tree saplings in a 2x2 grid, usually one of the blocks is gone. Is this working as intended? Or are there just some endermen stealing my dirt, and I just happen to never catch them doing it?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone tried to melt Nether osmium ore yet? When I tried to i got Rutile Ore??????????
Yep, there's an issue with the scripts for that. If you're feeling adventurous, you can fix it yourself in the "earlytech.zs" script file, per secondadvent's post below.

- Revert Nether Osmium processing requiring the Blast Furnace until I can figure out why the heck its giving rutile ore instead of osmium ore

I flipped the recipes around to see what would happen and it made osmium the output for both since it was the first defined, meaning it wasn't keeping track of the meta. This is happening because the blast furnace recipes are set to ignore "damage" values (the first boolean, probably intended for smelting tools/armor), and since the ores share the same ID but different meta/"damage" they're being treated as the same item, overwriting whatever other recipes are added for that nether ore ID later.

BlastFurnace.addRecipe(oreNetherRutile, true, false, 300, oreRutile * 2);
BlastFurnace.addRecipe(oreNetherOsmium, true, false, 300, oreOsmium * 2);

These gave the correct ore outputs in my quick test. Hope this helps. :p

Bill_Bob_Joy

Jul 29, 2019
Some mekanism machines are not showing up in NEI anymore like the enrichment chamber, the logistical sorter and so on. Anyone else having this issue. Also burrs from potions/food/bound armor show up over NIE

Kravyn

Jul 29, 2019
From what I have been reading iskander said the botania passive's expire after 5 days but looking at the botania config that was false information it is currently set to only 2 1/2 days. a single day in the config is 24000 it lasts only 60000. 5 days is 120k not 60k. its not like the edits and fixes are actually in the changelog anymore. It would be good if the config was correct to what is being said because at 2 1/2 days you only get enough mana out of 8 dayblooms and 5 nightshades and 2 hydrendeas to only do 4 seeds. Talk about a waste.
I do like this pack but when my items started to turn into bushes I had to come and check because it just seemed too short to even be useful. I edited the line in the config so it matches what was told 5 days.
Code:
I:passiveWither.time=120000

Bill_Bob_Joy

Jul 29, 2019
Did you intend to remove recipe for rutile ore to titanium ingot from the infernal blast furnace? Or am I experiencing weirdness?

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone eles having problems crafting blast furance blocks? Gotten everything needed to make but when i put into the craft station or a normal crafting table it won't show me the finished product and its not invisible since i made sure it wasn't a graphical bug.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone eles having problems crafting blast furance blocks? Gotten everything needed to make but when i put into the craft station or a normal crafting table it won't show me the finished product and its not invisible since i made sure it wasn't a graphical bug.
Screenshot please? I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, but if you show us what you're doing we might be able to spot anything you might be doing wrong.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with bees. I've just started working on them seriously, and I need to breed tropical bees to get the silk for the apiarist's clothes. I put my apiary on a beach biome with ferns around it, but it keeps giving me an error that this is a hostile environment for my tropical queen. Is there another way of doing this, or am I doing something wrong?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
It is a new mechanic with Botania, passive flowers wither (aka die) after 5 game days. You can turn it off by modifying the config file for Botania if like myself, you disagree with this change.
Just going to leave this here....
  1. Massive passive generation is Laggy.
  2. The amount of manna you produce off of ONE non-passive flower is massively greater then a multiple of passive flowers.
    • One endoflame produces 300 Mana every 3 ticks.
    • One Hydroangea produces 150 Mana every 40 ticks.
    • This means that one endoflame out produces 26 Hydroangeas.
  3. Math (LCD is 6 sec) 6 *20 Tick/sec= 120 Ticks. Over 3 seconds....
    • (120 / 3) * 300 = 12000 Mana
    • (120 /40) * 150 = 450 Mana
    • 12000 / 450 = 26.666~
All numbers pulled from Vazkii/Botania · GitHub

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm having trouble with bees. I've just started working on them seriously, and I need to breed tropical bees to get the silk for the apiarist's clothes. I put my apiary on a beach biome with ferns around it, but it keeps giving me an error that this is a hostile environment for my tropical queen. Is there another way of doing this, or am I doing something wrong?

Analyze your queen and make sure that she's got some tolerance in her genetics (If she's Damp+0 or Warm+0, you won't get anywhere and should make a new hive, since the beach and ocean biomes are Normal/Normal and the rest of the world is Hot/Arid). Also, try putting up vines as an alternative flower.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't analysed any bees yet, I had assumed that I'd get a quest for the beealyzer later. What should I be using to analyse the bees?

Guyiome

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
About the greatwood and greatwood slabs...
In the crafting table there is in fact the error with the oak slab, bit if i really craft it, i got some greatwood slabs :)

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
About the greatwood and greatwood slabs...
In the crafting table there is in fact the error with the oak slab, bit if i really craft it, i got some greatwood slabs :)

You know, I think you're right. The crafting table output SHOWS oak slabs as the result for crafting, but actually drawing them out gives the correct slabs, at least for me. Thanks for pointing that out.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
I think a sure fire way of breeding tropical bees early game is doing it in the nether... I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure they can breed there...

though I could be thinking of the desert bees... It was one of the mundane non nether bees that could.

damn tested and was wrong it is only desert bees.... sorry for not checking my facts before running my mouth haha... I musta bred some climate tolerance to the ones I was breeding in the nether a few months ago randomly.

on another note... man getting ancient sand is really really hard =_=; WAILA inability to work underwater is making it like looking for a needle in a hay field... when you're only allowed to look in a tiny lil area of it... I'm gonna have to upgrade to the scuba gear or something to get any...

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I think a sure fire way of breeding tropical bees early game is doing it in the nether... I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure they can breed there...

though I could be thinking of the desert bees... It was one of the mundane non nether bees that could.

on another note... man getting ancient sand is really really hard =_=; WAILA inability to work underwater is making it like looking for a needle in a hay field... when you're only allowed to look in a tiny lil area of it... I'm gonna have to upgrade to the scuba gear or something to get any...

Haven't yet looked for ancient sand on my current 0.8 world, but I remember finding it near coral in previous 0.7 worlds. Not sure if anything changed in-between, though.

Also, you could have a look at using the botania ring of chordata along with just the scuba helmet. I seem to remember that worked very well for finding undersea stuff.