[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I think a sure fire way of breeding tropical bees early game is doing it in the nether... I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure they can breed there...

though I could be thinking of the desert bees... It was one of the mundane non nether bees that could.

damn tested and was wrong it is only desert bees.... sorry for not checking my facts before running my mouth haha... I musta bred some climate tolerance to the ones I was breeding in the nether a few months ago randomly.

on another note... man getting ancient sand is really really hard =_=; WAILA inability to work underwater is making it like looking for a needle in a hay field... when you're only allowed to look in a tiny lil area of it... I'm gonna have to upgrade to the scuba gear or something to get any...
WAILA settings can be changed to not show liquids - press numpad 0 to access its options. It was an accident me leaving fluids being shown for 0.8.0.
How many quests are in this pack?
Over 300. In my dev version its approaching 350.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't analysed any bees yet, I had assumed that I'd get a quest for the beealyzer later. What should I be using to analyse the bees?
There is a device called an acclimatizer that takes a bee and sand to increase tolerance to arid conditions. Other things like blaze powder or snow change temp. I tend to use that to make all my bees like the wasteland. Simpler for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Screenshot please? I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, but if you show us what you're doing we might be able to spot anything you might be doing wrong.

I'll try to get a screenshot soon if i can but was wondering if you need to put it in a carpenter or something to make it? When i put everything in order in a crafting table it won't show the finished product, and when i click over the finished product slot checking if its there but its just a bug with it not showing and no success there.
2015-09-07_07.38.43.png
2015-09-07_07.38.43.png

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
From what I have been reading iskander said the botania passive's expire after 5 days but looking at the botania config that was false information it is currently set to only 2 1/2 days. a single day in the config is 24000 it lasts only 60000. 5 days is 120k not 60k. its not like the edits and fixes are actually in the changelog anymore. It would be good if the config was correct to what is being said because at 2 1/2 days you only get enough mana out of 8 dayblooms and 5 nightshades and 2 hydrendeas to only do 4 seeds. Talk about a waste.
I do like this pack but when my items started to turn into bushes I had to come and check because it just seemed too short to even be useful. I edited the line in the config so it matches what was told 5 days.
Code:
I:passiveWither.time=120000
Oh, yea, had already noticed this myself and fixed it to be five days for 0.8.1. I believe this is a result of vazkii fixing a bug at one point where the values were half what they were supposed to be so the config values probably got automatically divided by two when I updated to the version with the fix.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
There you go lodge, posted screen shot, seeing my inventory i have enough blocks for 36 bricks my only problem its not willing to show up.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Yes thank you that worked. I kinda mind farted i guess without noticing it needed brick instead of block lol. Been playing it for about 5-7 hours before i got there i guess my head needed a rest.

Avaa

Jul 29, 2019
4) Also seems to be a bug, something must've gone weird between magic crops and AE when I updated AE. I'll manually add the recipe back for 0.8.1.

Manualy adding the certus quartz recipe would work the same way as rutile ore?
So if I copy the line for rutile in the minetweaker script & change the ids around I would be able craft quartz?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I haven't analysed any bees yet, I had assumed that I'd get a quest for the beealyzer later. What should I be using to analyse the bees?

Unless TPL has changed things, there's no quest for the beealyzer.

NeedsSomeWork

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to thank OH_Herobrine for mentioning the Rod of the Shifting Crust.
If you have it and the Rod of the Lands in your inventory you can trade Cracked Sand for Dirt using only Mana.
I just changed a thousands of blocks around my base using the contents of one charged Band of Mana.

souk

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded this pack, and i started the game all the text was unreadable it was all colored rectangles. I'v tried restarting the game and the FTB launcher but it didn't help. can someone help please?

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Just going to leave this here....
  1. Massive passive generation is Laggy.
  2. The amount of manna you produce off of ONE non-passive flower is massively greater then a multiple of passive flowers.
    • One endoflame produces 300 Mana every 3 ticks.
    • One Hydroangea produces 150 Mana every 40 ticks.
    • This means that one endoflame out produces 26 Hydroangeas.
  3. Math (LCD is 6 sec) 6 *20 Tick/sec= 120 Ticks. Over 3 seconds....
    • (120 / 3) * 300 = 12000 Mana
    • (120 /40) * 150 = 450 Mana
    • 12000 / 450 = 26.666~
All numbers pulled from Vazkii/Botania · GitHub

Not everyone rushes thru the pack to get runes to make the higher end flowers right away. This time around, it took me until yesterday since .8 was released to start even doing runes. Not everyone plays the same way, and forcing a change that destroys the lower tier stuff just because, well. yeah.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to fix this, i have tried using MCedit, but i have only used it once and i could not locate this missing chicken.
[14:42:44] [Server thread/WARN]: Wrong location! EntityChicken['Chicken'/1418823, l='7th v8', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00] (at 0, 0 instead of -153, 51)

Guessing the only other way is to use cheat mode and kill all entities ?

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
Not everyone rushes thru the pack to get runes to make the higher end flowers right away. This time around, it took me until yesterday since .8 was released to start even doing runes. Not everyone plays the same way, and forcing a change that destroys the lower tier stuff just because, well. yeah.
:) endoflames don't need runes only a couple of mana petals. the only thing you need to really rush to get for them is coal seeds... which you kinda need to get into large scale production for sustainable fuel anyways

Reactions: rivvest

Featherbrain

Jul 29, 2019
I found 2 bugs. 1). You need to make enough Blastoven bricks for 3 ovens to compleet the quest blasting of again
2). When you put Nether osmium ore in the blast oven it turns in to regular Rutile ore

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Both of those feather have been discussed, just use the hqm edit to finish the quest like i did when i finished my bricks unless you want 3 blast ovens working? The osmium you need to change some coding around for it to work.