[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
TLGEiYS.png

I've now submitted 0.8.0, so expect it to show up on the launcher, complete with the new artwork by Almsivi (see above) fairly soon.
Full changelog is linked below, but there a few key things to note.
  1. Mekanism is now on Mekanism 8, and there is a good chance of world corruption when updating worlds from mek 7 to 8. My recommendation would be to load your world in 0.7.4 and remove anything from mekanism from your world before you update to 0.8 (easiest way to do so may be to load with mekanism disabled), but even doing this you should definitely backup your world first.
  2. There's new worldgen. The wasteland now has a mountainous variant. Due to the magic that is Climate Control you shouldn't get quite as sharp transitions in the edge of your world as you might otherwise when updating. I also managed to make it so the dead grass actually spawns in the ocean and beach now too, so every biome that appears at worldgen is now potentially a viable start.
  3. There's only ~40 new quests from 0.7.x so far. This is due to my limited time, and I plan to rectify this over the next week as it is my mid semester break, so expect good response and updates over the next couple weeks.
TL;DR: Good chance of world corruption, if you have anything from Mekanism, see point 1, but at any rate, if updating a world, BACKUP FIRST. More quests incoming in incremental updates over next couple weeks.

FULL CHANGELOG

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
BuildCraft 7 is in, too, but that update should be mostly harmless.

Anyway, awesome job!

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Oh yeah, that it is. This is the issue with such a long development time for the update, I start forgetting what mods have had major updates @_@.

I remembered all this time, and couldn't wait! Despite the fact BC's future situation is in limbo right now, this means that a ton of users who were stuck on BC6 before will get to see all the fancy new features, improvements and other things - AFTER we ironed out the million bugs. :)

Reactions: thephoenixlodge

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
\o/

There goes my free time away :)

Question: (please lower the pitchforks you crazy pointed hats people, its just a question/suggestion.)

Is thaumcraft in the pack mostly because farm automation? I always had the feeling there wasnt a proper place in the pack for thaumcraft except the farm automation with golems. And its even worse with blood magic!!
Is BC robots compatible with Agricraft?

You can see where I am going with this... Light levels of magic like botania or stuff has witchery might make sense in the lore but the rest of the magical mods make no sense, at least for me. The pack is so heavy on a real world catastrophe and then... TC and BM... I dont know man....
And using BC robots is a nice way to introduce technology (aka, mekanism/AE) in the lore/quests...

Edit:
PS: Just one more thing. I dont know if you ever changed this, since I played the pack a long time ago but... Makes no sense the dream world being a wasteland. Common, its a dream!! It should be normal world generation since... you are dreaming with the perfect world. I can accept not having ores for quest reasons, but at least, give us the grass or a normal biome...

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
\o/

There goes my free time away :)

Question: (please lower the pitchforks you crazy pointed hats people, its just a question/suggestion.)

Is thaumcraft in the pack mostly because farm automation? I always had the feeling there wasnt a proper place in the pack for thaumcraft except the farm automation with golems. And its even worse with blood magic!!
Is BC robots compatible with Agricraft?

You can see where I am going with this... Light levels of magic like botania or stuff has witchery might make sense in the lore but the rest of the magical mods make no sense, at least for me. The pack is so heavy on a real world catastrophe and then... TC and BM... I dont know man....
And using BC robots is a nice way to introduce technology (aka, mekanism/AE) in the lore/quests...

Edit:
PS: Just one more thing. I dont know if you ever changed this, since I played the pack a long time ago but... Makes no sense the dream world being a wasteland. Common, its a dream!! It should be normal world generation since... you are dreaming with the perfect world. I can accept not having ores for quest reasons, but at least, give us the grass or a normal biome...
Re: TC and BM; they very much belong in the pack, you're interpreting the cataclysm that precedes Regrowth quite differently to what it is. From what you're saying you seem to think its along the lines of a nuclear fallout (I'm guessing possibly due to prior association of the wasteland with the Fallout games, which fyi I've not played a single one of). The lore I've built into the pack however is that it is very specifically tied to the absence of ore and how that came to happen, and is actually a magical desolation type event, not related to the tech side of things at all. Regrowth is definitely more heavily tied to being a magic pack than a tech one, and that's very much on purpose.
As for automation options for Agricraft; In 0.8, TC golems, Forestry multifarms, BC robots, and BM Ritual of the Harvest Moon(not 100% that's the right name) are all capable of automating Agricraft.
The Spirit World is something I don't have much control over. It's generation is very specifically a mirror of the overworld (think of it more like an out of body experience rather than a dream), hence why it too is a wasteland. However, there is grass there which I generate with COFH core (always has been in the release versions) and ores, along with living saplings dotting the land too.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Re: TC and BM; they very much belong in the pack, you're interpreting the cataclysm that precedes Regrowth quite differently to what it is. From what you're saying you seem to think its along the lines of a nuclear fallout (I'm guessing possibly due to prior association of the wasteland with the Fallout games, which fyi I've not played a single one of). The lore I've built into the pack however is that it is very specifically tied to the absence of ore and how that came to happen, and is actually a magical desolation type event, not related to the tech side of things at all. Regrowth is definitely more heavily tied to being a magic pack than a tech one, and that's very much on purpose.
As for automation options for Agricraft; In 0.8, TC golems, Forestry multifarms, BC robots, and BM Ritual of the Harvest Moon(not 100% that's the right name) are all capable of automating Agricraft.
The Spirit World is something I don't have much control over. It's generation is very specifically a mirror of the overworld (think of it more like an out of body experience rather than a dream), hence why it too is a wasteland. However, there is grass there which I generate with COFH core (always has been in the release versions) and ores, along with living saplings dotting the land too.
Ok, I might had forgot a little bit of the lore with the time... :p
I remember the pigmans stealing the ores, kinda forgot the magical desolation event.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @thephoenixlodge I think i saw a problem with your change log.
Changed Smelting of Nether Rutile -> Rutile and Nether Osmium -> Osmium ore to occur in blast furnace - gates Titanium and Osmium behind the blast furnace
It says Osmium instead of steel.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @thephoenixlodge I think i saw a problem with your change log.
Changed Smelting of Nether Rutile -> Rutile and Nether Osmium -> Osmium ore to occur in blast furnace - gates Titanium and Osmium behind the blast furnace
It says Osmium instead of steel.
Uh no it doesn't? It's supposed to say exactly what it says. Nether Rutile and Nether Osmium ores now can't be turned into the regular versions of those ores except through the blast furnace - it was done in the regular furnace before. Steel has required the blast furnace the whole time, nothing has changed there.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing that is keeping me from playing the new update for regrowth is the update. I want to do my normal routine and do /hqm edit for all the quests to see what it is. Yes, i know i am weird.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else pressing there hands against there face while checking FTB for the update.lol I stopped playing Regrowth shortly after the info about the new updated started dripping in. So for me it a Whole NEW GAME:p However I have been stalking this thread and reading every page waiting to strike. Thanks again for TPL for the awesome pack and work you have put in!

Not to pry TPL, but hows your schooling going? You have talked how busy you have been with it, but never how its going.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else pressing there hands against there face while checking FTB for the update.lol I stopped playing Regrowth shortly after the info about the new updated started dripping in. So for me it a Whole NEW GAME:p However I have been stalking this thread and reading every page waiting to strike. Thanks again for TPL for the awesome pack and work you have put in!

Pretty much same here.

Would be nice to see this pushed to Curse Voice. Updates on there are WAY faster than the FTB Launcher. I know a lot of people hate the Curse Voice client, but being able to get updates for modpacks without waiting for the FTB team to approve changes has been a very nice blessing.

Reactions: JazParks