[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much same here.

Would be nice to see this pushed to Curse Voice. Updates on there are WAY faster than the FTB Launcher. I know a lot of people hate the Curse Voice client, but being able to get updates for modpacks without waiting for the FTB team to approve changes has been a very nice blessing.
The modpavk autor said a few pages of posts ago that it should be be syncing soon.
I dont know how to make a quote... sorry...

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much same here.

Would be nice to see this pushed to Curse Voice. Updates on there are WAY faster than the FTB Launcher. I know a lot of people hate the Curse Voice client, but being able to get updates for modpacks without waiting for the FTB team to approve changes has been a very nice blessing.
Having it sync to CV won't change the processing speed of updates. It would if I was manually putting the uploads on CV myself, but honestly, though the normal means it wouldn't be possible to get Regrowth on CV. The way its going to be set up is that the CV project basically automatically copies from the FTB launcher version, so CV updates will go up pretty quickly AFTER the update hits the FTB launcher.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Having it sync to CV won't change the processing speed of updates. It would if I was manually putting the uploads on CV myself, but honestly, though the normal means it wouldn't be possible to get Regrowth on CV. The way its going to be set up is that the CV project basically automatically copies from the FTB launcher version, so CV updates will go up pretty quickly AFTER the update hits the FTB launcher.
Ahh fair enough I know some projects on CV update first, but thats probably due to the manual uploads. Great work once again TLP. Been looking forward to playing this for a while :D

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
You'd think, FTB as a multi person team, there would be more than one person with the capabilities to approve updates, especially with the main person in that role would be unavailable for a length of time. Contingency plans and all that. Perhaps something to consider for the future.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
You'd think, FTB as a multi person team, there would be more than one person with the capabilities to approve updates, especially with the main person in that role would be unavailable for a length of time. Contingency plans and all that. Perhaps something to consider for the future.
There is, the third party pack team is fairly large actually. It's just that the process is slightly different with listed packs.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Patience is so hard.

I'm lucky enough to be stuck at work for the next 7 hours, I can only imagine how all of you sitting at home watching the launcher must feel. It should be out in seven hours, though, right? Yes? Please?

Reactions: rivvest

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
The dragon crawls from his cave (shaking off the Serious Overdose of 2 week old granddaughter) and ponders "Will there be a separate download for server files, or will I have to play "Hack and Slash" with a single player save?" Meanwhile, what to do with our day? Prep for the joys of "Hack and Slash" or go for another dose of granddaughter? Decisions, decisions...

Reactions: Mindfeak926

rockhog

Jul 29, 2019
There's going to be an update? I haven't played this pack in so long.. Anyways, is there anyone who knows about a whitelisted server I could join?

Last edited:

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
There's going to be an update? I haven't played this pack in so long.. Anyways, is there anyone who knows about a whitelisted server I could join?
Kmad Has one, but i don't know where he is. Also, The update is coming at the exact time i can't play it! Ill have to wait to play!

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
TLGEiYS.png

I've now submitted 0.8.0, so expect it to show up on the launcher, complete with the new artwork by Almsivi (see above) fairly soon.
Full changelog is linked below, but there a few key things to note.
  1. Mekanism is now on Mekanism 8, and there is a good chance of world corruption when updating worlds from mek 7 to 8. My recommendation would be to load your world in 0.7.4 and remove anything from mekanism from your world before you update to 0.8 (easiest way to do so may be to load with mekanism disabled), but even doing this you should definitely backup your world first.
  2. There's new worldgen. The wasteland now has a mountainous variant. Due to the magic that is Climate Control you shouldn't get quite as sharp transitions in the edge of your world as you might otherwise when updating. I also managed to make it so the dead grass actually spawns in the ocean and beach now too, so every biome that appears at worldgen is now potentially a viable start.
  3. There's only ~40 new quests from 0.7.x so far. This is due to my limited time, and I plan to rectify this over the next week as it is my mid semester break, so expect good response and updates over the next couple weeks.
TL;DR: Good chance of world corruption, if you have anything from Mekanism, see point 1, but at any rate, if updating a world, BACKUP FIRST. More quests incoming in incremental updates over next couple weeks.

FULL CHANGELOG

For @romancandle

Reactions: romancandle

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Its there....Huzzah!

Your willingness to tell me when it was there so I didn't have to repeatedly check the launcher makes me really happy. You da real MVP.

to @thephoenixlodge: a quick suggestion, since you've changed world gen to make all biomes viable for a start, you may want to change the wording on the initial warning screen that recommends starting outside of an ocean biome.