[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
One sapling hatched a ginormous tree? Well then I had been thinking that to counter the tree from growing by planting the 2 saplings to get the extra altar power by spreading them very far apart. I guess I wont since I don't want to have all my plants and things grown through and replaced. So thanks for that info OniyaMCD.

Here's a shot of how I placed mine. It's a 13-block diameter, centered on the sapling, should you want to place one intentionally. I set up my main Witchery altar so that the right edge of the tree is just inside the altar's area of detection. The red walled area is where my circle-magic altar is (since I got too cluttered with my cauldron, spinning wheel, distillery and other gadgets near the first one.)

Also to (Rivek?) If your going to do that video I have some information I can toss your way that you may or may not know. Not to volunteer anyone but OniyaMCD could probably give you some info as well. :)

I still flail with Mariculture, but I share what I do know. ;)

The silk touch/silky jewel will allow you to mine with out the ores exploding and the agro of the Zombie Pigmen.

This I needed to know! Glad that I've set up the semi-automatic pig-iron gumball machine. :D (Chickens on a 2x2 of hoppers leading into a dispenser that points into my smeltery.)

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
This I needed to know! Glad that I've set up the semi-automatic pig-iron gumball machine. :D (Chickens on a 2x2 of hoppers leading into a dispenser that points into my smeltery.)
Lol so easy and simplisitic, i had never thought about that. I was just planing on putting a monster spawner above one with the diamond dolly.

Ramjak

Jul 29, 2019
I said: The silk touch/silky jewel will allow you to mine with out the ores exploding and the agro of the Zombie Pigmen.
OniyaMCD said in reply: This I needed to know! Glad that I've set up the semi-automatic pig-iron gumball machine. :D (Chickens on a 2x2 of hoppers leading into a dispenser that points into my smeltery.)
d9phoenic also in reply to the above comment by OniyaMCD :Lol so easy and simplisitic, i had never thought about that. I was just planning on putting a monster spawner above one with the diamond dolly.

So I am confused. What does smelting chickens for their blood to make Pig Iron have to do with a silky jewel (not being a smartass[this time] but did I miss something?)[walks away confused and grumbles to self wondering]

On a side note, I LOVE the Diamond Dolly!, run into a spawner and bam! swoop it up with a diamond dolly and no more mob problems (at least from the spawner)

OniyaMCD said: I set up my main Witchery altar so that the right edge of the tree is just inside the altar's area of detection.
For trees I have notice that 52 blocks of the wood is the maximum placeable amount to get altar power increases. a 53rd block will not give any increase to altar power. Also for leaves it is a 64stack of leaves(shear to place compactly ontop of the wood [above] from the tree it came off of) + another 42stack of the same leaves for a total of 106leaves. I placed the wood 3 blocks under the level of the altar in a 2x26 and then 2 block of leaves ontop of every block of wood. Any extra leaves(which still give altar power, to the limit that I am pretty sure from testing is 106leaf blocks)I place on the end of the leaves so that it is 3 high.

Also I believe the limit (once you have a arthana on the altar) for its range is 29x29x29 (still need to test this. However it was posted by someone on a different forum(on a different website as well I think, will check and re-edit this post) so I am not sure If I can link to their credit besides giving their name? Here is the link to the posting http://www.reddit.com/r/attackofthebteam/comments/29wc9t/witchery_altar_power/
I know it is a year old but seemed like some good info.http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/31ke8g/witchery_altar_power_breakdown_v_0220_for_1710/

I also got some ideas based on the 29x29x29(above) and from matunascraft from this link http://imgur.com/gallery/PouF6

Last edited:
Reactions: An0nymuS

galexj9

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be an error with the runic altar whenever crafting ender seeds. It gets to completed but whenever r-clicking on it with the wand nothing happens. The mana-completion circle upon furter inspection seems to be all the way full minus a few pixels.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be an error with the runic altar whenever crafting ender seeds. It gets to completed but whenever r-clicking on it with the wand nothing happens. The mana-completion circle upon furter inspection seems to be all the way full minus a few pixels.
You still have to drop a livingrock on it.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
So I am confused. What does smelting chickens for their blood to make Pig Iron have to do with a silky jewel (not being a smartass[this time] but did I miss something?)[walks away confused and grumbles to self wondering]

Pig Iron gives you the mining level needed, I just stick with Botania to do my mining level until cobalt or ardite (i forget which one it is) then i make one pick axe out of that metal to finish off the rest of that tier.

[edit]Wow i am tired, has nothing to do with the silky jewel per say. I was just talking about moving thru the mining tiers

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I said: The silk touch/silky jewel will allow you to mine with out the ores exploding and the agro of the Zombie Pigmen.
OniyaMCD said in reply: This I needed to know! Glad that I've set up the semi-automatic pig-iron gumball machine. :D (Chickens on a 2x2 of hoppers leading into a dispenser that points into my smeltery.)
d9phoenic also in reply to the above comment by OniyaMCD :Lol so easy and simplisitic, i had never thought about that. I was just planning on putting a monster spawner above one with the diamond dolly.

Basically, I was planning on just upgrading my regular pick with pig-iron to mine the Thaumium level ores. I already have Thaumium, but TC tools can get Moss Balls. :D Knowing that the Silky Jewel will prevent pigman aggro and explosiveness means that I'll want to upgrade both picks. (I currently have both a regular and a silky pick made of Alumite, with the auto-repair.) This, of course, means double the pig-iron, which is why the gumball machine will come in handy. Toss in enough iron and emeralds for the needed ingots, then putter around my base while the chicken eggs do their thing.

(A mob spawner would give more blood per firing, but the only one I have does bats. Not so useful for smelting.)

InsaneTD

Jul 29, 2019

On a side note, I LOVE the Diamond Dolly!, run into a spawner and bam! swoop it up with a diamond dolly and no more mob problems (at least from the spawner)

OniyaMCD said: I set up my main Witchery altar so that the right edge of the tree is just inside the altar's area of detection.
For trees I have notice that 52 blocks of the wood is the maximum placeable amount to get altar power increases. a 53rd block will not give any increase to altar power. Also for leaves it is a 64stack of leaves(shear to place compactly ontop of the wood [above] from the tree it came off of) + another 42stack of the same leaves for a total of 106leaves. I placed the wood 3 blocks under the level of the altar in a 2x26 and then 2 block of leaves ontop of every block of wood. Any extra leaves(which still give altar power, to the limit that I am pretty sure from testing is 106leaf blocks)I place on the end of the leaves so that it is 3 high.

Also I believe the limit (once you have a arthana on the altar) for its range is 29x29x29 (still need to test this. However it was posted by someone on a different forum(on a different website as well I think, will check and re-edit this post) so I am not sure If I can link to their credit besides giving their name? Here is the link to the posting http://www.reddit.com/r/attackofthebteam/comments/29wc9t/witchery_altar_power/
I know it is a year old but seemed like some good info.

I also got some ideas based on the 29x29x29(above) and from matunascraft from this link http://imgur.com/gallery/PouF6
I ran out of room in my base so I built a platform for my witchery altar out of wood. I used twenty of mods wood logs with dirt as borders between each lot. That also let plant various flowers. I used melons and pumpkins as columns with Spanish moss and vines and leaves as a roof. Wasn't very pretty, but for the small area I had built, it was reasonably powerful.

I can't get pictures or exact numbers cause I've lost the world and didn't have any backups.

Ramjak

Jul 29, 2019
(A mob spawner would give more blood per firing, but the only one I have does bats. Not so useful for smelting.)
Can't you replace the bat in the spawner with another mob that is inside of a spawn egg? or is that only in creative for the pig spawner? or maybe there is some other way to replace the mob inside the mob spawner for a mob you desire.

Yutang

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you replace the bat in the spawner with another mob that is inside of a spawn egg? or is that only in creative for the pig spawner?
I think that is correct although I have never done it. Also where'd you find a bat spawner from?!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I think that is correct although I have never done it. Also where'd you find a bat spawner from?!
Quest reward somewhere down the line. Or it could be the bat spawning chest you can find in some of the ruins, as long as you have a way to auto open and close it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Quest reward. Think about how you would get a spawner to your base normally, and you should be able to collect one yourself. ;)

Ramjak

Jul 29, 2019
Numbers in parenthesis are Item Id numbers
I got my witchery altar up to 57,102 altar power. I have Vazkii's Head, Redstone Soup Filled Chalice, Dragon Egg, Candelabra, and a Arthana on top of my altar. (Need to get a Pentacle for the max altar regeneration). The 2 items 10 Grasspers (1603), 10 Critter Snare 1602 give the altar power but they are useful on the level of the altar (surface) everything else is in the 9 blocks below(height) the length and with of the space used to place items was centered on the last block placed on the 2x3 altar. example
xxx
xox
The "o" is where I placed my "last" block for the "center" the length and width on the center is 28x29 the 28 is on the 2 and the 29 is on the 3. the 28 includes the 2 blocks within the altar in its count, as does the 29 include the 3 in its count. Okay more plants and things. 72 Dirt(3)[You can use more but the altar power caps at 72], AN ADDITIONAL 100 Dirt(3) that is tilled into FARMLAND,50 or 100 Grass Block (2)[Not entirely sure got cramped and forgot to count them, will retest on a new altar later and edit and correct the block count], 50 water, 20 Spanish Moss(1598), 50 Vines(106), 20 [Brown]Mushroom(39),20 [Red] Mushroom(40), 80 Mycelium(110), 20 Sand(110) for the sugarcane to be placed on {Not agricraft} OR use 20 Dirt (3), 60 Sugarcane(338) is 3 tall, so divide 60 by 3 is 20 sugarcane 3 tall, 50 Cactus(81)[17 Cactus 3 tall = 51, which is one over the cap but who cares about one extra?] and 17 Sand(110) only one stack does not need to be 3 tall before the altar caps on power from the cactus, 20 Wispy Cotton (1605), 30 Dandelion (37), 30 Poppy (38), 20 Oak Sapling (6), 4 Bluebells (1295), 20 Glint Weed (1597), 10 Blood Poppy (1604), 20 Pumpkin(86), 20 Melon(103), 50 Acacia Wood (162), 106 Acacia Leaves (161) I placed the wood down as floor blocks 2x26 and the leaf blocks on top in a 2wide 26 long 2 tall any extra just went to 3 tall. That goes for any leaf blocks I list with the same type of wood. 50 Pine Wood(634), 100 Bull Pine Leaves(657) these grow on the pine, 50 Fir Log (539), 100 Fir Leaves (532), 50 Willow Wood (632), 100 Willow Leaves (1260:3), 50 Maple Wood (1292), 100 Maple Leaves(1293), 50 Hawthorn Wood (1593:2), 100 Hawthorn Leaves (1594:2), 50 Sakura Wood (1256:1), 100 Sakura Leaves (534), 50 Sakura Log (541), 100 Japanese Maple Leaves (533:1), 50 Fern (31:2), 20 Ember Moss (1601), 4 Mystical White Flower (767), 50 Jungle Wood (17:3), 100 Cocoa Beans (351:3), 4 Cattail (526), 20 Japanese Maple Sapling (538:1), 20 Vermillion Autumn Sapling (537:2), 4 Brown Grass (531), 20 Eucalyptus Sapling (1261:1), 20 Maple Sapling (1294), 20 Shimmerleaf (250:2), 4 Strawberries (551), 100 Vermillion Autumn Leaves (525:2), 100 Redwood Leaves (1259), 50 Bald Cypress Elbow Log (547), 50 Bald Cypress Quarter Log (542), 50 Bald Cypress Log (540:2), 50 Fir Quarter Log (545), 50 Rainbow Eucalyptus Quarter Log (543), 50 Rainbow Eucalyptus Elbow Log (548), 50 Redwood Quarter Log (546), 50 Oak Quarter Log (544), 50 Willow Wood (1263), 50 Darkwood (1274), 100 Darkwood Leaves (1275), 50 Greatwood Log (248) The 20 saplings of Redwood Sapling (1261) and 20 Redwood Sapling (537:5) were not worth the trouble of figuring out how to keep them as saplings with out growing and replacing all/large portions of the blocks that I have listed above, however they do give altar power the trick is them staying a sapling and not growing into a tree. Greatwood(250) trees and Silverwood(250:1) Trees also add to altar power but I think they give more power as a "grown" tree, rather than being cut/sheared and placed compactly. SO they as well do not account in my altar power. 2 Demon Hearts (5317:23) Haven't gotten around to trading with them yet. But I will :) ---:( Tainthistle (771)(see OniyaMCD's comment on the next page of this thread) I am not messing with taint just yet. Need a lot of Silverwood Saplings. Or I could make taint in the Dreamworld or Nether.

These following blocks are from tree breeding (I did this in creative just to see the power I could get up to, my set up doesn't have these trees yet, maybe never will but I hope to get into tree breeding after I finish my fish!)
50 Chestnut Wood(630), 50 Chestnut Wood Fireproof (638), 50 Kapok Wood (631), 50 Kapok Wood Fireproof (639), 50 Larch Wood (629), Larch Wood Fireproof (637), 50 Mahoe Wood (633), 50 Mahoe Wood Fireproof(641), 50 Giant Sequoia Wood (635), 50 Giant Sequoia Wood Fireproof (643), 50 Zebrawood Wood (636), 50 Zebrawood Wood Fireproof (644), 50 Apple Wood (719), 50 Willow Wood Fireproof (640), 50 Pine Wood Fireproof (642)

If any of the plants listed above are not obtainable in game (creative only) please let me know and I will move them to the list below.

The following don't count towards my 57,102 altar power since I think they might be creative obtainable only but I do know the give power , however I don't know their item cap out for altar power So I shall just list them for the sake of it. Strange Plant (1492), Umbral Rose (1458), Devil's Ivy (1491)

I don't think I have missed anything minus the Greatwood(250)/Silverwood(250:1) trees, and both Redwoods(1261)/(537:5). Some plants /wood/leaves share a Item Id Number(its pretty much all the numbers I put inside of parenthesis) so only 1 of the vanilla saplings will work if you put 20 oak saplings you wont get anymore power by adding 20 spruce/birch/jungle saplings. You can however mix and match them(that would drive me nuts and be to hard to count without super focused concentration. Also some plants just don't give altar power. I took some screenshots but I have no idea how to upload a top view of my altar. The 2 layers underneath are just packed in as tight as I could make it, so It isn't worth posting a picture. Almost forgot to say that by the end of making this set up some numbers on the amount not the item id could be off. +/- I am not sure but shouldn't be far off if any amounts are off. Anyways I am now having a beer! Well have fun getting your altar powered up!

Last edited:
Reactions: rivvest

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I have a few Common Larch saplings from breeding Red Spruce with Apple Oak and Silver Birch. Tainthistle is a Thaumcraft research, but you need to get a Taint Tendril to spawn - which means intentionally creating Taint. (Not high on my list of things to do - there's a reason I'm not playing Hubris.)

Ramjak

Jul 29, 2019
Tainthistle is a Thaumcraft research, but you need to get a Taint Tendril to spawn - which means intentionally creating Taint. (Not high on my list of things to do - there's a reason I'm not playing Hubris.)
Oh I hate hate hate taint. And you caint say it aint taint, taint'tit. lol ill leave now.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few Common Larch saplings from breeding Red Spruce with Apple Oak and Silver Birch. Tainthistle is a Thaumcraft research, but you need to get a Taint Tendril to spawn - which means intentionally creating Taint. (Not high on my list of things to do - there's a reason I'm not playing Hubris.)
There's a way in 0.8 that'll let you get taint tendrils and tainted goo fairly easily :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
There's a way in 0.8 that'll let you get taint tendrils and tainted goo fairly easily :)

In that case, I'll probably lay in a small supply. I have to say, I preferred the old Flux mechanic where I only had to worry about being zapped by wisps or tromped by Giant Zombies, instead of having world-consuming gastrointestinal issues if I research the wrong thing. :p