[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Phew, thanks for the hints about the fireproof wood.
Sadly bee- and treebreeding are two of the things I never really understood. Tried it often in some kitchen-sink packs, but... never with success (even while reading wikis and stuff about it at the side ^^")
So I guess I will go more into the "Stone instead of wood"-path I guess. (or trying some of the natural-fireproof-trees if they look nice)
if you always wanted to get into it, feel free to msg me and i'll walk u thru it. if you dont really care, then dont :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Phew, thanks for the hints about the fireproof wood.
Sadly bee- and treebreeding are two of the things I never really understood. Tried it often in some kitchen-sink packs, but... never with success (even while reading wikis and stuff about it at the side ^^")
So I guess I will go more into the "Stone instead of wood"-path I guess. (or trying some of the natural-fireproof-trees if they look nice)

Find a place well away from anything important, and plant a Natura Redwood. (The tool-tip says to plant 7x7. You can ignore that, but the tree will take up almost a full chunk at the base, and cast a decent-sized shadow.) You'll have to wait a few Minecraft days, but you'll have all the fireproof wood you'll ever need. (And possibly a ready-made witch's tower, if you choose.)

centhrax

Jul 29, 2019
On a small server that a buddy of mine hosts, we keep getting a fatal error that boots us shortly after logging on, i'm unsure exactly what's causing it, but on the FTB log it shows the same error everytime, having to do with chisel blocks. Here's the log

http://pastebin.com/sudrskYt

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
On a small server that a buddy of mine hosts, we keep getting a fatal error that boots us shortly after logging on, i'm unsure exactly what's causing it, but on the FTB log it shows the same error everytime, having to do with chisel blocks. Here's the log

http://pastebin.com/sudrskYt

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening
The error is with the Storage Drawers Drawer Controller. You could try breaking your Drawer Controller(s) and then replacing them and see if that works. If it doesn't, you may need to update the Storage Drawers mod.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
The second series continues, I've decided to go into a Blood magic to see what can be done with it

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
v2 : 3x Oblivion Bee 1x Ender Bee ( but in end ... just a test :) )
That one likely will not work. Only bees that pollinate off plant life (or plant-like stuff like mushrooms) will pollinate trees at all.

That said one of the best bees for tree breeding is the Rural Bee if you can get it.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
That one likely will not work. Only bees that pollinate off plant life (or plant-like stuff like mushrooms) will pollinate trees at all.

That said one of the best bees for tree breeding is the Rural Bee if you can get it.
It's working pretty good :)

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly are the requirements to grow nether wart with AgriCraft in this pack? I googled it and found several people saying they need low light or complete darkness but when I was building a little dark cellar for them, they started growing and the WAILA read " This plant is fertile and can grow". I didn't have the Carpenter's hatch in place so sunlight was coming into the cellar. Light levels when viewing the nether wart on the block next to them was bl:9 sl:14 rl:14. So hardly "complete darkness". I did place half slabs on the blocks above the soul sand to make certain nothing could spawn in there and it was underground. I'd just like to know what I did "right" here so I can plan a better netherwart farm if necessary (although they seem to be growing quite efficiently with this simple set-up. http://i.imgur.com/cpGhKHr.png

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of butterflies do you get in the End? o_O
2x Scotch Angus
1x Crimson Rose
and some trees :
2015_05_26_16_10_51_cr.png

my setup v2 :

v3 in works :)

i will add 6 more oblivion bee queens maybe some cross breeding ... ( ps: to clear something up i am total noob in forestry genetic so GG )

so in end butterflies are just spawning at random ( 2 new species ) ...

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
What exactly are the requirements to grow nether wart with AgriCraft in this pack? I googled it and found several people saying they need low light or complete darkness but when I was building a little dark cellar for them, they started growing and the WAILA read " This plant is fertile and can grow". I didn't have the Carpenter's hatch in place so sunlight was coming into the cellar. Light levels when viewing the nether wart on the block next to them was bl:9 sl:14 rl:14. So hardly "complete darkness". I did place half slabs on the blocks above the soul sand to make certain nothing could spawn in there and it was underground. I'd just like to know what I did "right" here so I can plan a better netherwart farm if necessary (although they seem to be growing quite efficiently with this simple set-up. http://i.imgur.com/cpGhKHr.png

I've got mine underground as well, but the room itself is lit enough with torches to prevent spawning (per the F7 NEI readouts anyways). I recall reading somewhere that they will grow in any level of artificial light (torches, managlass, glowstone), but direct natural sunlight is a 'no'.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
I've got mine underground as well, but the room itself is lit enough with torches to prevent spawning (per the F7 NEI readouts anyways). I recall reading somewhere that they will grow in any level of artificial light (torches, managlass, glowstone), but direct natural sunlight is a 'no'.
my netherwart farm is dark no light at level 50 smal room 3x3

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019

The exact requirements are simple:
No natural light, only artificial light. No Lightlevel restriction.
You can have LL 15 on every netherwart and it is fine to grow as long as the source is not the sun.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
You can have LL 15 on every netherwart and it is fine to grow as long as the source is not the sun.
and then there's me, reading 'this plant cannot grow here' in WAILA, immediately thinking, 'ah man, I need to grow these in the nether??' suppose I should've googled it...

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
What i did was make a 2 block pillar, surround it with soul sand and planted the netherwart there in a ring and left one spot fallow and leveled it up to 10/10/10. Then on top of the pillar i made a 5x5 platform where i put my railcraft tank and sprinkler set up. Early game it doubled as an enderman killing spot.

Reactions: Mindfeak926

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, but as I said above (and apparently no one bothered to read), the only light source was sunlight coming in through the opening above. I suppose sunlight reaching into an underground space counts as "artificial light" in the game, which is silly but understandable with the way Minecraft's bonkers lighting system is.