[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm making a fish hatching room. Am I right that there are 40 different fish in Mariculture? Also, is there any use specific to poison droplets outside of the impurity upgrades? 'Cause those Sting Rays are being quite productive, and I'm thinking Void Chest at this point.
No other uses for poison droplets, other than the recipes that require any droplet. You are right there there are 40 different fish, however, due to the Whitemargin Starling not being breedable in this version of Marculture (assuming I've read the code correctly), you can't actually get them all. If you haven't already, be sure to check out the bucket hats to help you catch some of the other fish.
I actually spent this weekend mapping out the breeding tree (was trying to use Mariculture to rush through the Spirit World until I realized the Blaze Fish needs an RF rod...), spoilered below for reference.

can get poisonous potato with botania iirc
Unfortunately, that recipe is broken in 0.7.4, so you can't use it.

starter breeds
- stingray, nightfish, neon tetra, cod, squid, damselfish
brown hat:
- blaasop, spiderfish
red hat:
- netherfish
white hat:
- minnow
nightfish + spiderfish = undead fish
neon tetra + damselfish = angelfish
minnow + cod = goldfish

tier 2 fish:
- angelfish, undead fish, goldfish
angelfish + sting ray = manta ray
angelfish + cod = tuna
goldfish + neon tetra, damselfish = rainbow trout
goldfish + neon tetra, damselfish = salmon
goldfish + angelfish = butterfly fish
blaasop + undead = lamprey

tier 3 fish:
- lampray, manta ray, tune, salmon, rainbow trout, butterfly fish
rainbow trout + undead fish = bass
netherfish + tuna = red herring
manta ray + butterfly fish = blue tang

tier 4:
- red herring, bass, blue tang
lampray + bass = anglerfish
bass + blue tang = siamese
sting ray + red herring = electric ray
rainbow trout + red herring = catfish

tier 5:
- anglerfish , siamese, electric ray, catfish
catfish + siamese = koi

tier 6:
- koi
nightfish + koi = enderfish
glowfish + koi = blazefish

tier 7:
- enderfish, blazefish
blazefish + blue tang = clownfish

tier 8:
- clownfish

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
No other uses for poison droplets, other than the recipes that require any droplet. You are right there there are 40 different fish, however, due to the Whitemargin Starling not being breedable in this version of Marculture (assuming I've read the code correctly), you can't actually get them all. If you haven't already, be sure to check out the bucket hats to help you catch some of the other fish.
I actually spent this weekend mapping out the breeding tree (was trying to use Mariculture to rush through the Spirit World until I realized the Blaze Fish needs an RF rod...), spoilered below for reference.

Yes, that is correct. I asked the dev, and he said it shouldn't be long until the next mariculture version in which this is fixed. (that being 1.3.0)
He accidentally removed the only way to get whitemargin when he removed planned fish (of which one was a prerequisite to get to the whitemargin) and didn't add a replacement.
Because it is required for some later fishes I'd guess cheating it in for now would be the best option.

satyreyes

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all! I'm having trouble with limestone. "Bauxite Bonus," the repeatable quest for aluminum essence, requires a limestone turn-in, but it's not finding the limestone in my inventory. The texture in the quest icon is different from the texture in my inventory, so I'm guessing that it's a different mod's limestone? But then how do I get the correct kind of limestone?

(One of the chisel variants of limestone has a texture that looks a lot closer to the one in the quest, but I can't get chisels to work, and surely the quest is smart enough to know that alternate textures are still the same block.)

Any help? Thanks so much! I love this mod pack! :D

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that is correct. I asked the dev, and he said it shouldn't be long until the next mariculture version in which this is fixed. (that being 1.3.0)
He accidentally removed the only way to get whitemargin when he removed planned fish (of which one was a prerequisite to get to the whitemargin) and didn't add a replacement.
Because it is required for some later fishes I'd guess cheating it in for now would be the best option.
And if you want to be super uncheaty about it, sacrifice a blaasop and a spider or nightfish - those will be the intended breed paths (assuming the code doesn't change). :)

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all! I'm having trouble with limestone. "Bauxite Bonus," the repeatable quest for aluminum essence, requires a limestone turn-in, but it's not finding the limestone in my inventory. The texture in the quest icon is different from the texture in my inventory, so I'm guessing that it's a different mod's limestone? But then how do I get the correct kind of limestone?

(One of the chisel variants of limestone has a texture that looks a lot closer to the one in the quest, but I can't get chisels to work, and surely the quest is smart enough to know that alternate textures are still the same block.)

yep, you're pretty much on the right track i think. limestone can be found in the world, and from some quest rewards as well. if you dont have any, go caving for a little while and you're sure to see some. And yes, you can use chisel to switch between limestone from different mods to get the one you need. make a chisel with a stick and a piece of flint, then use the chisel by right clicking it in your hand. then you can throw limestone into it and pull the kind you want out. and no, i doubt the quest is going to accept a different kind of limestone, which is why i suggest the chisel.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

You might be able to JABBA the Limestone to one kind too. Or use mariculture's Auto-Ore dictionary converter.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019

If memory serves for that specific quest, you need the limestone created from essence of earth and essence of water. (if you look underneath the picture it will usually tell you which version it requires, tho most of them are interchangeable)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You can also find that limestone (the really white, smooth-textured kind) just under the sand in the ocean.

JoeTheMormon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with the mod pack. Almost every time I log off, when I come back I'm at my original spawn point with nothing but the books you get at the beginning. I've had to start over a few times because I've lost all of my equiment and been unable to find my house again. Anyone know what causes this?

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
The only things i can think of is either a) your not using an official minecraft login b) your player data is getting corrupted everytime.

Guillaume23

Jul 29, 2019
hi there !
I have a problem with some books, especially tinkers and mariculture :
book.PNG

(witchery and the quest book are fine for example).

Does anyone knows what to do to... "translate" this ?

Moddac

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Sorry if someone already report the bug and you arleady answer him but i don't really want search for it in the 525 pages x) and also sorry if there is a discussion for the bug but I didn't find it. So in fact when I play everything is normal BUT after 45 min the sappling and the plants stop to grow and the mobs don't spawn. When I restart my game sometimes it works and sometime I have to wait. So what I have to do ?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
What I did was download the server from the FTB launcher, ran it once to generate the files, (don't forget the EULA, see the FAQ in post 2) and overwrote the contents of the world directory created in my server directory with my single player game save. I don't know if this is the right way but it worked for me.

Great Leaping Zot!! It actually worked (and I only had to threaten the CPU with my soldering iron once!). Many thanks to all for the words of advice. Now to work on getting back to the server from the darkness that is the great interweb. That path has already been explored, all I need to do is find the path of torches I left.

This is probably a question for the launcher gods, but does anyone know how to make the launcher stop searching my LAN for games? It didn't find to only one that exists and I had to manually enter the path. Will this require a larger hammer before performing "Percussive Maintenance"?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Heya *waves*
Need a little information/help with Witchery:
Anyone knows if there is a "safe"-way to heat the cauldron and kettle so you actually can put them in a hut or unter trees without burning everything?

I tried the Nitor from Thaumcraft, sadly like the everful urn they seem to not work with witchery. Tried to put an ember-moss below it as well (thought, when it causes fire when you step over it, it might heat the cauldron), sadly didn't work, too.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Wish I could help you. Mine are lit with Netherrack so I didn't have to keep relighting them, and I made sure the area above both was clear, and even put a little moat around both. (That last bit may have been overkill. Very convenient for refilling them, though.)

Reactions: Tairgire