[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Tesgri

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else been playing with Blood Magic? I'm trying to get to Tier 4 - which I have everything I need except the Bloodstones to cap the pillars.. I have a shard, I have stone... but the recipe doesn't work. NEI shows blood shard and stone, so what gives? Anyone know how to make it work?

2015-05-18_17.09.27.png

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else been playing with Blood Magic? I'm trying to get to Tier 4 - which I have everything I need except the Bloodstones to cap the pillars.. I have a shard, I have stone... but the recipe doesn't work. NEI shows blood shard and stone, so what gives? Anyone know how to make it work?

did you try a vanilla crafting table instead of the AE2 crafting terminal?

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm isn't blood stone like 1 shard in middle with the 8 stone around it? otherwise i don't know if its been changed or not.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
It has been. NEI and FTB Wiki state shard+1 stone.

Just tried shard surrounded by stone, no result.
Works in a crafting table here.. didn't have an AE system to test with. Lol yes I did, and it worked there too. Very curious..
2015-05-18_18.40.42.png

Last edited:

Tesgri

Jul 29, 2019
Works in a crafting table here.. didn't have an AE system to test with. Lol yes I did, and it worked there too. Very curious..

Odd, cause nothing works for mine. Reloading game did nothing, tinkers tables don't work, thuamcraft, even the wand foci. Nothing works.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Odd, cause nothing works for mine. Reloading game did nothing, tinkers tables don't work, thuamcraft, even the wand foci. Nothing works.

Maybe try a different chunk of stone? Also, use a standard crafting table and shift click the ? that NEI shows when you look up a recipe. If it's the right components, it'll plug them in for you. Also, did you try clicking the output anyway? I know that sometimes something borks up and the output is invisible but still there.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Since an explosion of TNT will most likely hurt the runes (but I'm not sure) how about some dispensers throwing spash potions of hurting or plain old arrows in the general direction of the wither? Or you could test if the Bellethorne from botania works on bosses ...
The wither is considered undead, so just like zombies and skeletons, the harming and healing potions have the opposite effect.

I typically use this to my advantage though... For the first half of the battle when most people use ranged weapons, I actually run in and just tank it. Throwing a healing 2 splash potion at close range after every few swings will both heal you, and hurt the wither. Throw in a strength 2 potion, a smite sword, and a milk bucket to clear the wither effect as soon as the fight ends, and even in vanilla without super OP gear the fight is done in about 15-20 seconds.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
ETA's won't be given.
Simply because "it's done when it's done" and no person other than @thephoenixlodge has power over @thephoenixlodge and can force him to work quicker. Unpaid.
And by the way, if someone would say things like "release will be tonight" and it's not users will get upset. Just how it is.
And another side note "tonight" would be a very unprecise time to do something. In asia the day is nearly done, europe awakens from slumber and 'murica is in the middle of the night.

I configed direwolf and wither cat to 'false' myself because of the obnoxiously loud, in broad daylight spawning direwolves.
Cheer up. It's going to be ok.

Reactions: fimbrethil

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
The wither is considered undead, so just like zombies and skeletons, the harming and healing potions have the opposite effect.

I typically use this to my advantage though... For the first half of the battle when most people use ranged weapons, I actually run in and just tank it. Throwing a healing 2 splash potion at close range after every few swings will both heal you, and hurt the wither. Throw in a strength 2 potion, a smite sword, and a milk bucket to clear the wither effect as soon as the fight ends, and even in vanilla without super OP gear the fight is done in about 15-20 seconds.
Did know about the wither being harmed by health potions, but healed by harming potions was new to me.
Nevertheless still same concept even if the 'ammo' has to be swapped ...

WidjettyOne

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm gonna do some farming grinding, 64 blocks of redstone to get that first certus quartz essence? really?
Basically, you're supposed to have some automation going before you start using AE2. Still, it doesn't actually take all that much redstone essence to get 64 blocks. 8 / 12 * 9 * 64 = 384, and with each fully upgraded crop giving 4 essences, that's 96 harvests. For a 5x5 farm, that means harvesting completely 4 times.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, you're supposed to have some automation going before you start using AE2. Still, it doesn't actually take all that much redstone essence to get 64 blocks. 8 / 12 * 9 * 64 = 384, and with each fully upgraded crop giving 4 essences, that's 96 harvests. For a 5x5 farm, that means harvesting completely 4 times.
agreed, but I didn't take the time to upgrade my redstone crops to 10/10/10 and I only have a 4x4 farm, so I get about 25 essence per harvest, which is 4 blocks of redstone, and I'm too lazy to set up automation right now :p

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
agreed, but I didn't take the time to upgrade my redstone crops to 10/10/10 and I only have a 4x4 farm, so I get about 25 essence per harvest, which is 4 blocks of redstone, and I'm too lazy to set up automation right now :p
Max out your crops then make a 5x5 farm

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Max out your crops then make a 5x5 farm
I will, once I get my farms restructured for automation, which will be after I get thaumcraft harvest golems up and running, and auto essence/ore-processing, so yea, in a few weeks :p
Edit: btw, why 5x5? doesn't that end up giving you a number of essences that is not divideable by 8? and like 99% of all the essences are for donut recipes?

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Some people just like odd-numbered sides on their builds. And since the number of essences is divisible by 4, every second harvest will bring you to an 8.

has everything in rows of 9, with a bar of Managlass right over the center.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so sad that my hard drive died and that I won't be able to finish off my Regrowth series! Such an awesome mod pack! :)