[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Well time for me to get back in the video saddle and start a new season, still keeping the same world in reality... but dreaming of another land where there are actuall people to interact with.

Does this mean you're playing on a server with friends and starting over? My world's been feeling sort of lonely too, and I've finished or nearly finished most of the quest chapters except Witchery and Thaumcraft ones, so I've been poking around at other packs a bit. I figure I'll go full tilt on Regrowth again after .80 because adding Millenaire at least might add some fake people. (I guess I could build a village maybe. That could be fun.)

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
actually, talking about .8 and millenaire, I suppose it doesn't have a retrogen function for villages? so they'll only spawn in new chunks?

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
actually, talking about .8 and millenaire, I suppose it doesn't have a retrogen function for villages? so they'll only spawn in new chunks?

I thought I read somewhere that it was only going to be the manual method for generating villages (a special wand on some sort of block if you're not familiar), but now I can't find the reference.

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
ah so some sort of creative village spawner debug tool, but with a custom recipe thanks to minetweaker?

That's how I imagine it will be done. I haven't played with Mill in the last version yet, but last time I did, there was the wand you could earn normally within the mod by doing quests and/or getting reputation, and the type of village spawned depended on the block type you clicked on and what cultures you had reputation with, or gave a full choice in some circumstances. Old and inadequate documentation is here: http://millenaire.org/wiki/Village_wand

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
That's how I imagine it will be done. I haven't played with Mill in the last version yet, but last time I did, there was the wand you could earn normally within the mod by doing quests and/or getting reputation, and the type of village spawned depended on the block type you clicked on and what cultures you had reputation with, or gave a full choice in some circumstances. Old and inadequate documentation is here: http://millenaire.org/wiki/Village_wand
I see, last time I encountered millenaire was 1.2.5, and I didn't really play around with it that much

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
It's one of my favorite mods, actually. I'm super excited about it being added to this pack. I've built my own custom mod pack around it before. I'm about to make another for my daughter, who plays on peaceful and needs non-mob-related things to do.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The wand actually changed a couple times. It used to spawn different types of villages on different blocks, but here's what I know of recent versions. Using the wand on a gold block allows you to choose the village you want to create for all the village types installed. Using it on an obsidian block gives you an entirely random village.

Also, by gaining reputation, you can buy a village scroll from the town leader and make your own village controlled by you.

Reactions: Tairgire

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Does this mean you're playing on a server with friends and starting over? My world's been feeling sort of lonely too, and I've finished or nearly finished most of the quest chapters except Witchery and Thaumcraft ones, so I've been poking around at other packs a bit. I figure I'll go full tilt on Regrowth again after .80 because adding Millenaire at least might add some fake people. (I guess I could build a village maybe. That could be fun.)
Kinda starting over, I've pretty much tossed the quest book away and just doing what I want to do helping folks out where I can. More free form I guess, and some folks have always been curious to see how I would make a tree house in a mod pack

Reactions: Tairgire

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
yes :) new wand works ok old one broken ...

The wand actually has two functions and can be switched between. I sometimes forget this when i am moving flowers to different mana spreaders. It sounds like you switched the wand to the other function by mistake. That is why when you crafted a new one it is working.

If i remember correctly you just shift+click the wand on open air to change between the two functions.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The wand actually changed a couple times. It used to spawn different types of villages on different blocks, but here's what I know of recent versions. Using the wand on a gold block allows you to choose the village you want to create for all the village types installed. Using it on an obsidian block gives you an entirely random village.

Also, by gaining reputation, you can buy a village scroll from the town leader and make your own village controlled by you.

I just spent a good hour or so perusing that mod. Have to say I'm looking forward to it now as well.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I've dropped Millenaire into a creative world to get a refresher (haven't played it in a few years), and it's all coming back. This will be a great end game motivator. As it sits now, I'm pretty much done with the quest book and pondering the point of continuing to change biomes. With all the different cultures Millenaire provides, I can easily see this extending play many more hours, trying to create one of each type of village, for example, and making sure they have nice biomes to live in. Wondering if there's a trick up TPL's sleeve to make the villages request some more expensive materials.. or maybe one day a Regrowth-based custom culture? So many possibilities..

Reactions: Arbitrary

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I've dropped Millenaire into a creative world to get a refresher (haven't played it in a few years), and it's all coming back. This will be a great end game motivator. As it sits now, I'm pretty much done with the quest book and pondering the point of continuing to change biomes. With all the different cultures Millenaire provides, I can easily see this extending play many more hours, trying to create one of each type of village, for example, and making sure they have nice biomes to live in. Wondering if there's a trick up TPL's sleeve to make the villages request some more expensive materials.. or maybe one day a Regrowth-based custom culture? So many possibilities..
I am like a kid waiting for Christmas for this!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
What is millenaire like? Honestly, I have never heard of it till the changelog said it was coming.
In a normal case, you find a village in your travels and trade them some basic resources - wood, stone, etc - and they use those resources to expand their village. As their village grows, they have more things to trade and need more materials. Each culture has some unique items - tools, building blocks, and decorative items that you can eventually obtain. Once you have a good reputation with them, they'll even build you a house. I find it incredible fun to watch them build the village. Neighboring villages will also sometimes go to war, and you can pick a side to fight for. I know there's more but I can't remember it all just yet.. :)

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Probably already known, but there are some sporadic issues related to fluid piping in a number of mods. Updating BuildCraft to 6.4.15 and RailCraft to 9.6.1.0 fixed a repeating NullFluid crash when a wooden pipe was connected to a bottom corner of the Wooden Water Tank, and updating Tinker's Construct to 1.8.5 seems to have fixed a more unreliable problem when trying to melt chainmail shoes in the foundry. This looks to already be planned for the 0.8 release, but folk running into problems may want to manually update for the intermediate period until the update comes out.

((If you're doing this, there's also an update to EnderZoo that fixes some of the weird behavior for the Dire Wolves.))

Reactions: RehabOholic