[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay, so I've got myself a slime infestation (translation, five slime chunks in an underwater lair). I don't care so much about the mana production, but the slime-killing properties of Narslimmus sound very appealing. The sheer depth gives me pause, though. (My sea floor is at 32.) Do Botania flowers need a clear view of the sky to work? If so, do glass and/or water count as 'obstructions'?

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I've got myself a slime infestation (translation, five slime chunks in an underwater lair). I don't care so much about the mana production, but the slime-killing properties of Narslimmus sound very appealing. The sheer depth gives me pause, though. (My sea floor is at 32.) Do Botania flowers need a clear view of the sky to work? If so, do glass and/or water count as 'obstructions'?
The only flower I've found that needs a view of the sky is the dayblooms. You can actually use nightshades underground (unless that's been fixed since 0.7.2) which is how I stayed underground for so long at the start (didn't come above ground until I had the 4 elemental essence seeds).

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but the logistical sorter from mekanism pulls a stack at a time... in case you're still messing with it.

Are they supposed to? Interesting, I did try one of those set to pull, and it was only grabbing one at a time, as if it was a wooden BC pipe with one gate or engine, but slightly faster. It was pulling from a b-spaced JABBA barrel though, so maybe that caused issues of some kind.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Are they supposed to? Interesting, I did try one of those set to pull, and it was only grabbing one at a time, as if it was a wooden BC pipe with one gate or engine, but slightly faster. It was pulling from a b-spaced JABBA barrel though, so maybe that caused issues of some kind.

when you say 'set to pull' it makes me think maybe you were just using the pipe? im referring to the sorter, which is the advanced version. normal pipes do just pull 1 at a time, but the sorter does a stack. didnt test with a barrel tho, so that may be the difference too.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
when you say 'set to pull' it makes me think maybe you were just using the pipe? im referring to the sorter, which is the advanced version. normal pipes do just pull 1 at a time, but the sorter does a stack. didnt test with a barrel tho, so that may be the difference too.
Hmm? *Looks this up*.....
Ooh, interesting! I may mess with this sooner or later, maybe for automation of solar things....

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
I'm on a post roll it seems tonight.

In an effort to only have to use one pipe to extract from a barrel, I attempted to attach a universal cable to a wooden pipe. Which proceeded to explode.
I then tried it with an emerald pipe. Which also proceeded to explode.
Is the some way to buffer the power going into these things? I've tried using buildcraft power pipes attached to a cell, since with their lesser capacity I figured it wouldn't overload the things, but power pipes won't connect to regular ones it seems. I'd rather not use engines where I have a chance of running out of fuel, especially when I have good power gen up and running already.

BuildCraft itself can't blow them up and in BC7 we made sure other mods can't blow them up as well - not sure if I did the same in BC6.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
BuildCraft itself can't blow them up and in BC7 we made sure other mods can't blow them up as well - not sure if I did the same in BC6.
*Shrug* It at least didn't destroy anything around it, and the stuff that had been pumped out was fine as well. Since basic Uni-Cable is 200rf per tick (and it definitely would have been full given what it was attached to), I'm kinda just assuming that the pipes got overloaded.
I'm kinda curious though, why do the cables consider extraction pipes to be a viable power well, but conductive pipes don't?

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge This is the best pack I've ever played. I love the balance, especially the mixture of agricraft, magical crops, and botania. This makes for a great progression. I've never felt that Botania had enough reward in the early part of the game to pay off for the tedium but integrated into this progression, it's now an amazing mod to me. I'm about to make my extreme stone - not sure how far through the pack that puts me but I feel that it must not be all that far. I still have blood magic and thaumcraft to get started on.

It must have been a huge amount of effort to interrelate all of the mods in this way and to tier the experience so well.

Many thanks!

My base to date:

Attachments

• arbitraryBase.png
    arbitraryBase.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's against the authors intention for Iguana tweaks, but for the life of me I cannot get tool leveling enabled. I changed it in the config files and it refuses to recognize the change.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's against the authors intention for Iguana tweaks, but for the life of me I cannot get tool leveling enabled. I changed it in the config files and it refuses to recognize the change.
I can see that it would break the progression some - you have to create diamond essence seeds before you can upgrade your alumite pick to thaumium mining level which is a minor gate to a quest that walks you through mining different ores in the nether.

I miss iguana tweaks as well. I love it.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
I can see that it would break the progression some - you have to create diamond essence seeds before you can upgrade your alumite pick to thaumium mining level which is a minor gate to a quest that walks you through mining different ores in the nether.

I miss iguana tweaks as well. I love it.
You don't have to upgrade your pick axe with diamond.
Here is my pick progression:
Flint
Nether rack
Manasteel
Aluminite
Terrasteel
Ardite
Manyullan
Osmium
Edit: replaced 2nd aluminite with Ardite

PaulPer_TF2

Jul 29, 2019
ok so ive decided to look here

i'm starting a youtube series on my channel of regrowth but i need 1 or 2 people to film with
I already have the server and its 0.7.2, NEi is in Utility Mode and keepInventory is true (prefrences from previous series incidents lol)

sorry if this isnt the place to post this but i figured its a first place to look

Requirements:
Good Knowledge of the world of modpacks/regrowth

Able to record east coast midday/afternoon or early evenings(not daily)

send me a message on here if interested!

I'm still seeking some people to film a lets play

no need to record as well but be able to be in a skype call with me when we do stuff on the server

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to automatically produce cobble without magical crops or power gen?
if you mean prior to reaching those points in the game, probably just via botania - hopperhocks and bore lenses. pretty sure you can get those before th. If you just mean possibilities aside from the magical crops recipe or RF-powered options, you can have a vanilla cobblegen that works with golems or stripes pipes or botania flowers, or there's a thaumic stone extruder that works for free, if you can craft it.