[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
As I see it, the Deep Dark would mess with the 'oreless' environment. The sound muffler would be nice, as would the ability to compress cobble, but the engines would completely remove any reason for the Buildcraft engine quest progression.

I never liked the deep dark so that's not an issue. As for the engines I fail to see how it removes anything. I still needed BC engines for pipes, and there for I made them and completed the quests. It seems that people think that players add mods to bypass/make something easier when that;s not the case. I still have completed and am using the bc engines because I am gating myself to better things. If I were to ever use the deep dark I would wait until I have an Botania Ore gen setup going strong before I went. Not to mention getting to the Deep Dark takes a LONG time even with 20+ cobble gens.lol You would have all the magical crops done by that time then who cares.lol

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I never liked the deep dark so that's not an issue. As for the engines I fail to see how it removes anything. I still needed BC engines for pipes, and there for I made them and completed the quests. It seems that people think that players add mods to bypass/make something easier when that;s not the case. I still have completed and am using the bc engines because I am gating myself to better things. If I were to ever use the deep dark I would wait until I have an Botania Ore gen setup going strong before I went. Not to mention getting to the Deep Dark takes a LONG time even with 20+ cobble gens.lol You would have all the magical crops done by that time then who cares.lol
You're right, not everyone does add in mods to bypass. However, its a little cynical to think that that was what I believe. I weighed in what extra utilities has and explicitly gave reasons that what it does is already fully implemented. The only reason I even did so was because someone decided to post that they wanted extra utilities to come in the pack as standard. I have no problems with people using extra mods outside of what's given, this is modded minecraft after all. However, pack makers put in certain mods and leave out others for a reason. You can still do everything you would do with other mods with those currently in the pack (exceptions given in previous post) and am only encouraging people to try the mods that do come standard.

As for getting to the Deep Dark, I can usually set up a very quick cobble gen with extra utils and be there before the end of my play session (usually about 8 hours). And yes, that includes fighting the wither, though I would have to rush getting to the Deep Dark instead of building infrastructure.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone, it's a DIVISION sigil. A sigil you use to divide. Not a divination sigil. Divination is more or less telling the future. Spelling really can't be that hard, now can it?

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
Sound can be muffled through a different mod that @Raetac uses called Sound Filters, finding ways to have a mob spawner without cursed earth has been a fun challenge for me and allows me to mess around with automagy's and botania's spawning mechanics. Divination sigil is used for unstable ingots which break the reason for several things in the pack, like the wings instead of the flugel tiara/BM armor/jetpack/TC harness. Pipes, whereas not exactly the same, are just as good from BC as they are from extra utils. I suggest giving them a chance before just saying that you can't do the same things. Generators from extra utils kinda break the need for BC/RC/Mek generators, though Mek does have a lava generator. And the Deep Dark, as already said, kinda breaks the "oreless" enviroment, as there isn't anything gating your ability to go back and forth from the Deep Dark other than the original making of the block. Oh, and Botania has a ring that lets you do something very similar to the builder's wand. The Ring of Loki, I believe.

Blackout curtains and ethereal glass, I admit, would be nice. Though those are the only things that can't be done with mods currently in the pack AFAIK.

I did not defend the use of extra utilities in this pack. In fact I see many things that are already in the pack.
But that does not alleviate the fact that EU does the things it does in a streamlined and well known form.
It is hell of a lot easier to craft one unstable ingot for a builders wand than having to fight Gaia 2 and hope for a one in six change for the ring for example.

To be clear I do not condemn the mod for being easy or something. In my eyes it just does not fit the pack.

Everyone, it's a DIVISION sigil. A sigil you use to divide. Not a divination sigil. Divination is more or less telling the future. Spelling really can't be that hard, now can it?
Yeah I love you, too.
Now please shut up about a simple word mixup between blood magic divination sigil and extra utilities division sigil.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Chill, I was just typing quickly and wasn't paying too much attention each individual word, particularly that one. Editing it now for your OCD.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
i play at the modmack regrowth and when i lauch my party my game crash, i have a crash report with me
Would you also mind putting that log into pastebin, rather than having it be a download? Lessens chances of passing on malware and other nasty things.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking about it, the ethereal wall from witching gadgets can have a glass texture and, with a carpenter's pressure plate set to only players, is functionally exactly like ethereal glass, provided you step on the pressure plate.

Reactions: fimbrethil

BenG

Jul 29, 2019
umm
i was just wondering if rutile ore spawns in the dream world
has anybody seem any
if there is some i can skip a load of the early infusion steps

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
What structures are added with the ruins mod? Is there any reason to explore short of aura nodes?

For some of the Witchery rituals, coven witches are needed. As such, you will eventually need to explore to find the Witchery stone circles and 'recruit' a coven.

(At least unless TPL adds in a coven witch spawn egg recipe.)

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
What structures are added with the ruins mod? Is there any reason to explore short of aura nodes?

not sure if it's a part of the Ruins mod, but I've found a couple pretty cool dungeons... looks like nether brick and stone i think on the surface, but then they descend into the ground and there are lots of gravestones of all kinds, and spider spawners, and wierd 'spawners' for zombies and skeletons. was cool, recommend checking out.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Can you add close-ups of the tree buildings? They look very cool attached to the tree like that.
I can indeed, though I'm not sure what to do with them at this point. Maybe they'll be the housing for my AE system or something.
http://imgur.com/a/ZDRdJ

Edit; In fact....
http://imgur.com/a/DVget
New and improved album, actually under my user and with better descriptions. XD

Btw, imgur is currently crashing Firefox kinda hard for me, heads up yall.

Last edited: