[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
if you mean prior to reaching those points in the game, probably just via botania - hopperhocks and bore lenses. pretty sure you can get those before th. If you just mean possibilities aside from the magical crops recipe or RF-powered options, you can have a vanilla cobblegen that works with golems or stripes pipes or botania flowers, or there's a thaumic stone extruder that works for free, if you can craft it.
I'm at the point where i'm dumping all of my cobble into Mariculture's Crucible furnace to melt it and getting no where near enough seared stone to get the Smeltery up. I used up almost all of my cobble into stone for botania and building purposes. I was hoping for something like Thermal expansion's igneous extruder or Extra Utilities' transfer node. Between agricraft's plant stats, building up saplings for witchery, building a proper base, farming Magic crops essence, and expanding my base to make way for more stuff, I find it hard to do more than one of these things without neglecting everything else. Automating at least cobble production would be a godsend at this point.

EDIT: OMG, the bore lense just clicked in my head. Boring through a bunch of vanilla cobble gens sounds like an amazing build. Thanks.
EDIT#2: Never mind. Bore lens requires a rune of fire. I don't have half of its components yet.

Last edited:

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
I'm at the point where i'm dumping all of my cobble into Mariculture's Crucible furnace to melt it and getting no where near enough seared stone to get the Smeltery up. I used up almost all of my cobble into stone for botania and building purposes. I was hoping for something like Thermal expansion's igneous extruder or Extra Utilities' transfer node. Between agricraft's plant stats, building up saplings for witchery, building a proper base, farming Magic crops essence, and expanding my base to make way for more stuff, I find it hard to do more than one of these things without neglecting everything else. Automating at least cobble production would be a godsend at this point.

EDIT: OMG, the bore lense just clicked in my head. Boring through a bunch of vanilla cobble gens sounds like an amazing build. Thanks.
EDIT#2: Never mind. Bore lens requires a rune of fire. I don't have half of its components yet.
Honestly I'd just mine it. Remember you can make a 1x1 smeltery, so the stuff required for the 'Searing Heat' quest is really more than you should need to start smelting.

If you're like most people you'll probably want to do something underground at some point... a basement, a laboratory, a giant pit... whatever. Might as well start mining it out now, eh?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I can see that it would break the progression some - you have to create diamond essence seeds before you can upgrade your alumite pick to thaumium mining level which is a minor gate to a quest that walks you through mining different ores in the nether.

I miss iguana tweaks as well. I love it.

And this is where my cowardice has served me well. I've been putting off going back into the Nether for long enough that I can just make actual Thaumium tools. :D

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to automatically produce cobble without magical crops or power gen?
With a little bit of iron (9 ingots) and gold (8 ingots), you can throw together something with a stripes pipe and wooden engine - you can get the gold from killing zombie pigmen, but you'll still need the crops for the iron.. that's the earliest way I can think of to get an auto cobblegen.

HoneyMungeon

Jul 29, 2019
Please, for the love of god, add a minimap mod.
Too many times have I died within a game and never found my stuff again

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Already said he won't add one in standard. There's the atlas from Bibliocraft if you are fine using that and you are also most welcome to add in a minimap yourself. But TPL has said that he won't add it in. My suggestion, fall in love with f3 or use one of my previous stated methods.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
As far as tech progression via quests, does the current version stop right right before Mekanism/AE2? As far as I can tell, it seems like the lasers are the 'farthest' written into a quest.. but I did unlock Certus Quartz at some point. I would assume that a future update will bring more quests/tech progression and considering I've never played Mekanism before, I think I might wait it out and focus some more on the magic mods!

Anything else that is known about changes coming up in future versions?

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
The 'Minimap' Addon that already is in the pack will be the only official possibility which @thephoenixlodge already said. Multiple times.
Follow the Cartographer and the The world at your Fingertips quest above that in 'What the world teaches' to learn how to get that. That mod uses vanilla maps but adds the use on walls, the carrying around of hundreds of maps and adding waypoints.

If your really want it easy you always can install Journeymap or something yourself.
I had the same thought at the beginning but I grew to love this 'new' mechanic.
By the way the mod that adds that map enhancement is Bibliocraft.

HoneyMungeon

Jul 29, 2019
The 'Minimap' Addon that already is in the pack will be the only official possibility which @thephoenixlodge already said. Multiple times.
Follow the Cartographer and the The world at your Fingertips quest above that in 'What the world teaches' to learn how to get that. That mod uses vanilla maps but adds the use on walls, the carrying around of hundreds of maps and adding waypoints.

If your really want it easy you always can install Journeymap or something yourself.
I had the same thought at the beginning but I grew to love this 'new' mechanic.
By the way the mod that adds that map enhancement is Bibliocraft.
Hm..... Yeah, but at least something that gives a better indication of where your grave is. Perhaps it can be swarms of skeletons?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
...holy crap that's AMAZING :D

You have made very good choices with this pack @thephoenixlodge - don't let anyone tell you different!
If you're talking about the deco blocks - thank @SyberSmoke, he wanted them for the worldgen structures he's doing for me and made the textures.
If you're talking about the eternal compass - it's one of those things I kinda want to write a quest for, but at the same time it's a bit of a slap in the face to hardcore players having a quest where you have to die.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Will terrasteel break ardite?
Yeah.
Listed on second post:
- What's the tool mining level progression?
0. Flint, Bone, Vitreous
1. Netherrack, Copper
2. Iron
3. Bronze, Manasteel
4. Alumite, Elementium
5. Thaumium, Pigiron, Koboldite
6. Steel, Terrasteel, Elemental, Titanium
7. Cobalt, Ardite
8. Void, Manyullyn
9. Osmium, Bound, Chameleon, Refined Glowstone

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
If you're talking about the deco blocks - thank @SyberSmoke, he wanted them for the worldgen structures he's doing for me and made the textures.
If you're talking about the eternal compass - it's one of those things I kinda want to write a quest for, but at the same time it's a bit of a slap in the face to hardcore players having a quest where you have to die.
I think if they do play in hardcore, they should play in hqm hardcore. And that quest has 2 parts. The first part gives you a heart.
Edit: fixed hqm

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
My infusion room so far, if people are interested. It's currently just two points shy of 200.
http://imgur.com/rLTEiCq

Also, those candle skulls? Best thing ever, they're like heads, but they give off light and you don't have to have a block below the spot you want to put them, they just stack on anything.

Heads just have to have a block behind them when you place them, as I recall. That block can then be broken afterwards, leaving a floating head.