[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Baconus, as for your third one, there's pros and cons to telling people what's coming. The cons, however, outweigh the pros. Mainly, if you tell everyone exactly what you're planning and everything can't be done perfectly, then people start to complain that you didn't give them what you offered.

Could also be that he's spending so much time with uni (probably in finals atm) that he doesn't have time to update the pack AND tell everyone what's coming.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Out of curiousity, how'd you clear out the water?

I'd probably have filled it with sand or dirt then used the Thaumcraft excavation focus (because I think it will ignore the glass), but it seems like there must be a better way.

If there was a better way, I definitely didn't use it. ^_^> In fact, 'efficient' is probably not a word I'd use to describe it at all. I did use dirt to get rid of the water, starting at one edge and pushing across the diameter of the floor. I worked one floor at a time (total of four) to make the reach less obnoxious. When my moss-enhanced tools needed a break to recharge, I went off and checked on my bees and fish. Or ran a few runes so I could make the Narslimmuses. (Narslimmi?)

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
My own research indicates that INpureCore was required for Creeper Collateral. So basically all that removing those mods from the pack did was prevent mod-authors from spying on my computer and allow creepers to actually explode? OK, that's a very small price to pay to be able to play the modpack.
  • Reporting errors to the mod dev's makes for less buggy mods. It only sends information needed to make the mod better, so thanks for not helping.
  • Reporting to mod dev's what mods theirs is used with, and how popular the mod is, makes better integration between mods. Thanks again.
  • creeper collateral I just turn off, as I play hard mode as often as I can.

Reactions: CoolSquid

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that I'm not willing to help... it's that my computer can't support the extra CPU usage and bandwidth required to allow someone to spy on my usage/errors.

Maybe spying isn't the best word, but it seems like the most appropriate to me. Anyways, if I had a more powerful box and better internet I'd be happy with not having to disable those; as is I have to manually report errors, which takes longer and more work for me; but far less work for my computer, which means less lag.

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
INpure Core removes useless stuff from the NEI pages, like microblocks, filled drums that sort of stuff, while leaving one example remaining to check the recipe.

Edit:
And also, no.
Having Open Eye or Yampst automatically send your crash reports (anonymously) does not cause lag, because, in case you didn't figure this out yourself, if you crash you are not playing.
While you are actually playing neither of those mods does anything significant that could affect your gameplay experience.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
https://twitter.com/ThePhoenixLodge/status/595525380108255233

... Get an atlas upgraded with Eternal Compass. When you die you spawn with a compass that leads to where you died.

I feel like I might not be seeing something obvious, but are the cobble and brick blocks supposed to look different? The only ones that look new to me are the wood ones. XD

Heads just have to have a block behind them when you place them, as I recall. That block can then be broken afterwards, leaving a floating head.

Right, but the ones with candles from Gravestone can be stacked ON EACH OTHER. No placing cobble or dirt and then having to break it again, just grab a couple stacks of skulls and go. ;)

If there was a better way, I definitely didn't use it. ^_^> In fact, 'efficient' is probably not a word I'd use to describe it at all. I did use dirt to get rid of the water, starting at one edge and pushing across the diameter of the floor. I worked one floor at a time (total of four) to make the reach less obnoxious. When my moss-enhanced tools needed a break to recharge, I went off and checked on my bees and fish. Or ran a few runes so I could make the Narslimmuses. (Narslimmi?)

It occurs that you could use sand, place it at the top of the structure, and once you have a few columns use a equal trade focus to turn it all into wood, then grab a lumber axe once you've filled it in. Buuuttt this requires lots of vis, so eh.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Right, but the ones with candles from Gravestone can be stacked ON EACH OTHER. No placing cobble or dirt and then having to break it again, just grab a couple stacks of skulls and go. ;)

As I've proven before, I don't always come up with the best way to do things. :D If I avoid a spectacular failure, it's a good day. (Although spectacular failures do make for more exciting video.)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I think that my runic altar do't work :/ I added all ingridiends for dye seed but wand don't show that. There are pics http://prntscr.com/71t4qa http://prntscr.com/71t7c0
Looks to me like you're using Light Gray dye rather than Gray dye.
@thephoenixlodge I have some questions about .8
1. How will milenare villages spawn? Do they just spawn regularly or in a certain world?
2. As in dire wolfs are less obnoxious do you mean they don't spawn or they are quieter?
3. Why so many secrets?
1. They won't, you craft the village spawn wand later in the game.
2. They actually sound like wolves now (rather than strangled cats), howl as a pack rather than individually if there are multiple in a small area, the sound doesn't penetrate walls or travel long distances without losing volume (this was a big part of their nuisance) and they can't spawn in lit areas anymore.
3. It's one secret feature, I just listed it under all the mods I've been using to make it.
Baconus, as for your third one, there's pros and cons to telling people what's coming. The cons, however, outweigh the pros. Mainly, if you tell everyone exactly what you're planning and everything can't be done perfectly, then people start to complain that you didn't give them what you offered.

Could also be that he's spending so much time with uni (probably in finals atm) that he doesn't have time to update the pack AND tell everyone what's coming.
I am rather busy with uni, though finals aren't for another month yet. Honestly the point of this feature being labelled as secret is that it's something never been done before in a pack, and I kinda want to build the suspense and see how long it takes people to find it.
It's not that I'm not willing to help... it's that my computer can't support the extra CPU usage and bandwidth required to allow someone to spy on my usage/errors.

Maybe spying isn't the best word, but it seems like the most appropriate to me. Anyways, if I had a more powerful box and better internet I'd be happy with not having to disable those; as is I have to manually report errors, which takes longer and more work for me; but far less work for my computer, which means less lag.
All YAMPST has been capable of since the pack got listed is sending me crash reports, the YAMPST servers can't actually handle the volume of data from the stats it tracks. FYI, those stats are pack installs, launches and playtime - they're just things that let a pack author see how much their pack is being used.
If disabling it causes improvement for you, go for it. It doesn't do anything functionally in the game though, so doubt you'll find any difference.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019

There's a block in Mariculture called the mechanized sponge. Uses RF power and takes a little while but will clear an area of water you mark by laying out sponges.

I haven't yet been able to figure out how to start bees.. certain ones require plants like cacti but I can't plant them normally and they don't seem to recognize agricraft cacti?

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't yet been able to figure out how to start bees.. certain ones require plants like cacti but I can't plant them normally and they don't seem to recognize agricraft cacti?

you should be able to place cacti normally. use a normal cactus block, not the seeds, make sure it's on sand, and make sure there's not a solid block next to where it would grow.

Reactions: An0nymuS

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019

Another way to clear large volumes of water is to use wool, then just light it on fire. Or if you do not like wasting resources. Make a floor of wood or stone, fill everything above the water line with sand. Under your floor place torches. Break the floor, empty space above. (i used both of these techniques on a vanilla server living in an ocean base)

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
you should be able to place cacti normally. use a normal cactus block, not the seeds, make sure it's on sand, and make sure there's not a solid block next to where it would grow.

This. I was grumping about this for a good fifteen minutes before I realized I was trying to place the cactus next to a fence. Ugh.

Reactions: An0nymuS

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Another way to clear large volumes of water is to use wool, then just light it on fire. Or if you do not like wasting resources. Make a floor of wood or stone, fill everything above the water line with sand. Under your floor place torches. Break the floor, empty space above. (i used both of these techniques on a vanilla server living in an ocean base)
Isn't there a mechanized sponge in Mariculture? Haven't used it, but was planning on giving it a shot..

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there a mechanized sponge in Mariculture? Haven't used it, but was planning on giving it a shot..

Yes, but it requires knowing about it, and how to use it ;). I am still learning almost all of the mods as i never played modded minecraft until this pack.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but it requires knowing about it, and how to use it ;). I am still learning almost all of the mods as i never played modded minecraft until this pack.
That's awesome. :D Let us know if you get stuck with mods, but don't forget that there are an absolute TON of videos on each mod, in case we're not on, or you just don't feel like bugging us for whatever reason. Also, cross-mod interactions are a big thing in modpacks, most of which aren't covered in spotlights, so again, feel free to ask us about them. :p

Ingenia

Jul 29, 2019
A weird thing happened today, I loaded up Regrowth on my server - seems to work fine for everyone but me, I can only break grass blocks. It works fine for me in singleplayer and, as I said, it works for everyone else on the server. I thought at first I was trying to break things too close to spawn but I'm well away and there's no change. Anyone run across this?