[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a quick summary, buildcraft pipes have always had really odd behavior when you try to have multiple outputs or loops. Here is an example in pictures:

This doesn't work: http://puu.sh/hoizU/c2b9285d3b.jpg

But this does: http://puu.sh/hoiX3/a373b01c65.jpg

It is the exact same output to the system (80mb/t) and the exact same usage (4 combustion engines). However the first setup will let 3 engines go dry and the second works perfectly. It's just how BC handles stuff and it's dumb. I assume BC 7 will be a lot better but we're stuck with 6 for now.

I'd hardly say that I was ranting, and just because the pack ships with or without mods doesn't mean anyone who is annoyed can't just change the list themselves.
Actually, in the first picture, it looks like you're not directing the fluid, which is why you're getting backup. BC is fine as is, it just requires some thought, which TE does not. TPL has said he has no problem with adding some thought into more complex systems, such as what you're using. Try putting an iron fluid pipe in to direct the fluid flow, because it looks like it's trying to input water into the other emerald pipe since BC randomly chooses directions at cross-sections if there's nothing set for directions, like an iron or diamond pipe.

SparkmanTX

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to use Carpenter's blocks to fill in the gaps above a door with slopes?
Thanks.
FQlgLjC.png

Evildave83

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, i started playing regrowth this afternoon and when i tried to use the questbooki typed in /hmq quests and i gota message that you dont have permissions to use that command. how can i fix this?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, i started playing regrowth this afternoon and when i tried to use the questbooki typed in /hmq quests and i gota message that you dont have permissions to use that command. how can i fix this?
you shouldnt need to use a command, you should already have the book in your inventory

Evildave83

Jul 29, 2019
you shouldnt need to use a command, you should already have the book in your inventory

I have the book but when i go to use it it says questing mode isent enabled yet use /hmq quests to enable it. when i use /hmq quests it says you dont have permission to you this command

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that the metallurgic infuser will let you smelt bronze from tin dust and copper ingots but doesn't have this ability for the higher end alloys. @thephoenixlodge any chance of adding recipes for the later alloys also? Would be much nicer automating the infuser than having a bunch of TC smelterys.
Unfortunately, the metallurgic infuser can only use certain items for the infuser material (as seen on the mekanism modtweaker page).

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I have the book but when i go to use it it says questing mode isent enabled yet use /hmq quests to enable it. when i use /hmq quests it says you dont have permission to you this command
Open to LAN with cheats on and you should be able to turn on quests. But, I didn't have to do this.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a quick summary, buildcraft pipes have always had really odd behavior when you try to have multiple outputs or loops. Here is an example in pictures:

This doesn't work: http://puu.sh/hoizU/c2b9285d3b.jpg

But this does: http://puu.sh/hoiX3/a373b01c65.jpg

It is the exact same output to the system (80mb/t) and the exact same usage (4 combustion engines). However the first setup will let 3 engines go dry and the second works perfectly. It's just how BC handles stuff and it's dumb. I assume BC 7 will be a lot better but we're stuck with 6 for now.

I'd hardly say that I was ranting, and just because the pack ships with or without mods doesn't mean anyone who is annoyed can't just change the list themselves.

I'm sorry you've failed at Buildcraft's Pipe Mini-game! Tell him what he's won Joe!

Well Wylker you now get to spend the next 4 hours placing pipes and engines in various arrangements until everything lines up just right! But don't worry you're going to have fun doing it, because even though better options exist in other mods, this is the way we did it back in the old days and gosh darn it you're going to like it! :)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, the message is probably saying Hardcore Questing mode is not enabled, which it shouldn't be. Questing mode on the other hand is enabled with no effort required.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while since I restarted, but you just need to follow the questlines - the early botania and crop quests especially. From memory, I think you'll need to complete the essence seed quest before ores are available.

PS the enderman quest can wait - nothing depends on that afaik.
Vanilla trick for safely killing endermen: create an overhang of blocks 1 block above your head. (3 block height). Enderman is 3 blocks tall and you are 2 blocks tall. Don't get angry if you already know this. There's no reason you can't kill an endermen with a plain stick and no armor if you use this. Enjoy your ender pearl!

wylker

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry you've failed at Buildcraft's Pipe Mini-game! Tell him what he's won Joe!

Well Wylker you now get to spend the next 4 hours placing pipes and engines in various arrangements until everything lines up just right! But don't worry you're going to have fun doing it, because even though better options exist in other mods, this is the way we did it back in the old days and gosh darn it you're going to like it! :)

Hilariously I was told this in the BC channel today :)

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019

Just makes me glad I like it this way :) While I appreciate the simplicity and efficiency of TE and EnderIO piping (among others), I love setting up a functioning BC transport system and working out the bugs! With those more "modern" pipes, I personally get bored :\

So, while I'm sure you meant it in jest, I'm definitely a big fan of Buildcraft's Pipe Mini-Game :D It's not too bad once you get the rules down.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Just makes me glad I like it this way :) While I appreciate the simplicity and efficiency of TE and EnderIO piping (among others), I love setting up a functioning BC transport system and working out the bugs! With those more "modern" pipes, I personally get bored :\

So, while I'm sure you meant it in jest, I'm definitely a big fan of Buildcraft's Pipe Mini-Game :D It's not too bad once you get the rules down.

That's the first I have ever herd anyone say they get bored with other pipes.lol The amount of option/colors, input output you can do with ender io, and from what I have seen in TE rework of there ducts is extensive. I guess since BC pipes force players to make things work since there is no a to b setup like the others it makes sense that most just use the simple functions of the other pipes and say there's no thought in them when really they are wanting to be forced to think.:p

Me personally am guilty of setting up a simple system, but that is mainly because I have limited time to play with a family and all. But for the person that said there is know thought involved with the other modded pipes, all I have to say is you haven't went past the initial setup of those pipes and that leads me back to my earlier statement about needing to be forced to think.

Anyways, I thought there was talks of adding Logistics pipes, but it wasn't updated yet so it was up in the air? I may have read that somewhere else who knows.lol Now that's a mod that I need to learn outside from the normal AE/Logistics request system. I guess that mod has a lot to offer.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019

Yes i have read the site several times, and several other sites in regards to the spirit world. From what i read the Dream weaver is supposed to lower the chance of a nightmare to 50%. I just figured after 10 attempts with it, i was just having extremely bad luck. But then the instance i moved it to a different location i always got dreams after that point.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well, it does say 'nearby' - and you said that the nightmares stopped completely after you moved it immediately adjacent to your bed. If anything, that's fairly good luck if it's only supposed to reduce the chance to 50%.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
That's the first I have ever herd anyone say they get bored with other pipes.lol The amount of option/colors, input output you can do with ender io, and from what I have seen in TE rework of there ducts is extensive. I guess since BC pipes force players to make things work since there is no a to b setup like the others it makes sense that most just use the simple functions of the other pipes and say there's no thought in them when really they are wanting to be forced to think.:p

I also get bored with other pipes. To this day I have found no mod which has as much power as BuildCraft pipes do.

I admit that the liquid pipes are a tad wonky. But we only have one (+ one for robots) dev right now, and I don't have all the time in the world to fix every issue.

You still act like BuildCraft pipes are a network. They're not a network, they're blocks and they can't tell how many outputs you have in a system.

It's not about the old days. I can set up a TE3 duct system with my eyes closed...

Reactions: Kmad and fimbrethil