[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly certain that we all just do the quicklime+water thing, which isn't really hard considering that water and earth essence makes limestone and water is pretty easy to get.
EDIT: Just to clarify, that makes magnesium dust, which I usually throw into my smeltery with rutile ore.
Huh. I thought I'd made a thorough NEI search chain. Thank you! That saves me a lot of extra work.

wylker

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I'm having fun with Regrowth, and I totally understand the author's idea of using 'less used mods' but honestly Buildcraft is such a piece of crap. I can't believe that all the old bugs still exist with fluids and pipes and loops. I know TE is like the go-to tech mod of all time right now but a lot of people abandoned buildcrap for a reason. I'm getting so frustrated by things that should work just not working I'm close to abandoning my playthrough.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I'm having fun with Regrowth, and I totally understand the author's idea of using 'less used mods' but honestly Buildcraft is such a piece of crap. I can't believe that all the old bugs still exist with fluids and pipes and loops. I know TE is like the go-to tech mod of all time right now but a lot of people abandoned buildcrap for a reason. I'm getting so frustrated by things that should work just not working I'm close to abandoning my playthrough.

Curious, what're you trying to do currently with BC pipes?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Woooah! Tone it down a bit man...

So, since your rant isn't likely to change the mod list, what's your current problem, maybe we can help?

edit: Just to be clear, I can understand frustration with BC mechanics, but I rather enjoy making buildcraft work for me.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Hot Damn, thanks FTB forums for not telling me about the 10 pages of thread to catch up on.... notifaction system is a wee bit janky at time

Reactions: Mindfeak926

Gruff8

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone had problems with worlds quitting instantly? I recently started to extract some natural gas a la mariculture and since then I am unable to open my world for longer than 2 seconds. I have posted the relevant (I think) part of the crash log but not sure if this is the place to do so... I can see that it is mariculture that is causing the crash. It would be shame to have to start again because of this but I guess alpha packs have this danger inherent to them.

[18:31:54] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at mariculture.core.network.PacketAirPump.onMessage(PacketAirPump.java:18) ~[PacketAirPump.class:?]
at mariculture.core.network.PacketAirPump.onMessage(PacketAirPump.java:9) ~[PacketAirPump.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.simpleimpl.SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.channelRead0(SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.java:37) ~[SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.simpleimpl.SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.channelRead0(SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.java:17) ~[SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:98) ~[SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:101) [SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:101) [SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:103) [MessageToMessageDecoder.class:?]
at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageCodec.channelRead(MessageToMessageCodec.java:111) [MessageToMessageCodec.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:785) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.embedded.EmbeddedChannel.writeInbound(EmbeddedChannel.java:169) [EmbeddedChannel.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:77) [FMLProxyPacket.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) [ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78765_e(PlayerControllerMP.java:273) [bje.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1590) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) [Main.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
[18:31:54] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: There was a critical exception handling a packet on channel mariculture
java.lang.NullPointerException
at mariculture.core.network.PacketAirPump.onMessage(PacketAirPump.java:18) ~[PacketAirPump.class:?]
at mariculture.core.network.PacketAirPump.onMessage(PacketAirPump.java:9) ~[PacketAirPump.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.simpleimpl.SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.channelRead0(SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.java:37) ~[SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.simpleimpl.SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.channelRead0(SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.java:17) ~[SimpleChannelHandlerWrapper.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:98) ~[SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:101) ~[SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:101) ~[SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:103) ~[MessageToMessageDecoder.class:?]
at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageCodec.channelRead(MessageToMessageCodec.java:111) ~[MessageToMessageCodec.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:785) ~[DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.embedded.EmbeddedChannel.writeInbound(EmbeddedChannel.java:169) ~[EmbeddedChannel.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:77) [FMLProxyPacket.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) [ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78765_e(PlayerControllerMP.java:273) [bje.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1590) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) [Main.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
[18:31:54] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Restoring client configs.
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: VoiceServer: Shutting down server...
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving players
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'SecondGoAtIt'/Overworld
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'SecondGoAtIt'/Nether
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'SecondGoAtIt'/The End
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'SecondGoAtIt'/Spirit World
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'SecondGoAtIt'/Torment
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'SecondGoAtIt'/The Outer Lands
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension 0
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -1
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension 1
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -37
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -38
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -42
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[18:31:54] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:cobblestoneWall for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockMarbleWall com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.cobblestoneWall. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[18:31:54] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:eek:bsidian2 for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockCarvable com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.obsidian2. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[18:31:54] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
Apr 23, 2015 6:31:54 PM climateControl.utils.ConfigManager clearWorldFile
INFO: clearing
[18:31:56] [Client thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: VoiceServer: Stopping client connection...
[18:31:56] [Client thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: Finished loading Cardboard Box blacklist (loaded 0 entries)
[18:31:56] [Client thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: Reloaded config.
[18:32:31] Logs copied to clipboard

wylker

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a quick summary, buildcraft pipes have always had really odd behavior when you try to have multiple outputs or loops. Here is an example in pictures:

This doesn't work: http://puu.sh/hoizU/c2b9285d3b.jpg

But this does: http://puu.sh/hoiX3/a373b01c65.jpg

It is the exact same output to the system (80mb/t) and the exact same usage (4 combustion engines). However the first setup will let 3 engines go dry and the second works perfectly. It's just how BC handles stuff and it's dumb. I assume BC 7 will be a lot better but we're stuck with 6 for now.

Woooah! Tone it down a bit man...

So, since your rant isn't likely to change the mod list, what's your current problem, maybe we can help?

I'd hardly say that I was ranting, and just because the pack ships with or without mods doesn't mean anyone who is annoyed can't just change the list themselves.

Reactions: RehabOholic

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, I've noticed a certain 'split' between the 'engines and tech' side of things, and the 'flower power' side, with a certain darkness thrown in. As such, it is prompting me to start work on the 'mad scientist under-sea lair'. Sand and Tinker's glass production are in full swing.

And I'm not gonna lie, another part of what has inspired this is the sheer frustration of trying to explore the sea bed for coral blocks and ancient sand by the light of random jack-o-lanterns.

wylker

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've noticed a certain 'split' between the 'engines and tech' side of things, and the 'flower power' side, with a certain darkness thrown in. As such, it is prompting me to start work on the 'mad scientist under-sea lair'. Sand and Tinker's glass production are in full swing.

And I'm not gonna lie, another part of what has inspired this is the sheer frustration of trying to explore the sea bed for coral blocks and ancient sand by the light of random jack-o-lanterns.

Glowstone blocks are your friend sir :)

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a quick summary, buildcraft pipes have always had really odd behavior when you try to have multiple outputs or loops. Here is an example in pictures:

It is the exact same output to the system (80mb/t) and the exact same usage (4 combustion engines). However the first setup will let 3 engines go dry and the second works perfectly. It's just how BC handles stuff and it's dumb. I assume BC 7 will be a lot better but we're stuck with 6 for now.

I'd hardly say that I was ranting, and just because the pack ships with or without mods doesn't mean anyone who is annoyed can't just change the list themselves.
True, true. I've actually taken to using Mekanism for my liquid transport in this pack, and BC for items.

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019

The botania Ring of Chordata does not only refresh the air when underwater but adds a nightvision buff and swim speed.
The materials are not hard to get at all and the mana usage is neglectable for what the ring does.
Other than carrying around glowstone blocks and a pickaxe with silk touch tech has no real options to oppose that simplicity.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

I have a similar setup that's supplied by a BC pump fueling four hobbyist engines. It works pretty well, you just have to let the engines fill up with water first, and then give the system time to refill the piping. THEN cut your engines on and it shouldn't be a problem.

kanix

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that the metallurgic infuser will let you smelt bronze from tin dust and copper ingots but doesn't have this ability for the higher end alloys. @thephoenixlodge any chance of adding recipes for the later alloys also? Would be much nicer automating the infuser than having a bunch of TC smelterys.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The botania Ring of Chordata does not only refresh the air when underwater but adds a nightvision buff and swim speed.
The materials are not hard to get at all and the mana usage is neglectable for what the ring does.
Other than carrying around glowstone blocks and a pickaxe with silk touch tech has no real options to oppose that simplicity.

But - but - Undersea Lair! :D (Although I might make use of the ring during construction...)

There's a bit of flavor text in the quest of 'Not For Drinking' that mentions that 'Biomass isn't environmentally unfriendly enough for your tastes', and when you combine that with the mention that the 'Carved in the Mind' set of runes 'makes you want to do bad things', I think it opens up some interesting plot bunnies.

Reactions: JustHeyo

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
When your underground lair is done don't forget (if you knew this as it's an overlooked feature) you can turn any carpenters block excluding tiles (the second layer to blocks) into a ligthsource by adding glowstone dust with a shift right click.
Dark Damp kinda uneven place with not visible lightsources for extra creepiness ;)

Reactions: MrZwij

wylker

Jul 29, 2019
I have a similar setup that's supplied by a BC pump fueling four hobbyist engines. It works pretty well, you just have to let the engines fill up with water first, and then give the system time to refill the piping. THEN cut your engines on and it shouldn't be a problem.
Again, there are lots of workable solutions. Hobbyist engines do not use water at anywhere close to the rate that combustion engines do. The issue is that the two pics I posted should work in an identical fashion, yet they do not. I didn't want to derail the thread, I just wanted to point out why a lot of packs don't rely on BC anymore.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
So last night i finially got around to doing the spirit world. After 6 attempts i finially managed to stay alive long enough to collect enough disturbed cotton to make the dream weaver.

After 10 attempts with the dream weaver to not get a nightmare, i gave up and watched a let's play of the spirit world (i forget his name but he is on ep 60 or something now. Gotta say i love his video's of the few i have watched now).

Moved my dream weaver to right next to my bed and drank another potion... bam dream and not a nightmare. 5 potions later never got the nightmare. Realized i did not have the distrubed cotton for the quest book, so i broke the dream weaver went back into the nightmare to get my credit and put the dream weaver back up. Have not had a single nightmare since (maybe 6 more dives into the spirit world now).

Was this extremely bad/good luck with RNG or is something else going on ? (btw i now have 2 potions and cottons next to my dream weaver still sitting next to my bed)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Moved my dream weaver to right next to my bed and drank another potion... bam dream and not a nightmare. 5 potions later never got the nightmare. Realized i did not have the distrubed cotton for the quest book, so i broke the dream weaver went back into the nightmare to get my credit and put the dream weaver back up. Have not had a single nightmare since (maybe 6 more dives into the spirit world now).

Was this extremely bad/good luck with RNG or is something else going on ? (btw i now have 2 potions and cottons next to my dream weaver still sitting next to my bed)

Sounds like a case of 'works as designed':

https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/spirit-world

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
When your underground lair is done don't forget (if you knew this as it's an overlooked feature) you can turn any carpenters block excluding tiles (the second layer to blocks) into a ligthsource by adding glowstone dust with a shift right click.
Dark Damp kinda uneven place with not visible lightsources for extra creepiness ;)

Hmm - I'll definitely consider it. It looks like 'Light infused' blocks (which I used on a Horizons server) have been removed from Magic Crops. I'd also considered the Essence Lamps if I go with the sterile, high-tech ambiance. Might even use both in different areas.