[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla trick for safely killing endermen: create an overhang of blocks 1 block above your head. (3 block height). Enderman is 3 blocks tall and you are 2 blocks tall. Don't get angry if you already know this. There's no reason you can't kill an endermen with a plain stick and no armor if you use this. Enjoy your ender pearl!

Can't get angry with someone who's trying to help out :)

I didn't have the enderman problem though. Luckily one showed up early right outside my hole on the second night. I chopped away at his feet with a mattock.

EDIT: typo

Last edited:

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
I also get bored with other pipes. To this day I have found no mod which has as much power as BuildCraft pipes do.

I admit that the liquid pipes are a tad wonky. But we only have one (+ one for robots) dev right now, and I don't have all the time in the world to fix every issue.

You still act like BuildCraft pipes are a network. They're not a network, they're blocks and they can't tell how many outputs you have in a system.

It's not about the old days. I can set up a TE3 duct system with my eyes closed...

Different Strokes for Different Folks. I'd argue that you just proved other systems are more powerful since you can set them up with your eyes closed but that's moot.

Some of us don't want to spend hours setting up an inventory management system that could be set up in minutes with other systems. BUT some people do and that's cool too.

I myself would rather spend that time breeding bees and scanning all the things, but that's because I'm weird in a different way. :)

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. In my eyes easier means not always better.
The easiest piping in my eyes is from Applied Energistics. Version 1 that is, not AE2 like we have in the pack.
Hook up everything, everyone and their pet hamster to one single pipe, connect it to an ME Drive (essentially an uber chest) and everything works without issue.

As said it works. But there is next to no satisfaction in completing this.
If you handle dozens of different pipes to dozens of different locations and everything works in the end you feel like you actually accomplished something.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Simplicity of rules is not simplicity of use.

BuildCraft pipes are governed by pretty simple rules, they're just not documented anywhere yet: fluid splits evenly on every pipe, items go in one of the available movement directions (chosen at random), etc. Each pipe material has a very specific use that affects the item's track. It's like a puzzle, or LEGO.

Reactions: Kmad and fimbrethil

BanzaiRunner

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm, I created a nether portal whilst in the spirit world, entered it, and it returned me to the vanilla overworld, re-entered the spirit world and my inventory was wiped.

If we're not "meant" to enter the nether from the spiritworld shouldn't the portal contruction be disabled?

Otherwise, is this a bug?

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
...And I'm not gonna lie, another part of what has inspired this is the sheer frustration of trying to explore the sea bed for coral blocks and ancient sand by the light of random jack-o-lanterns.

I was absolutely giddy when I discovered the ring of chordata + diving helmet combo. And the excitement lasted at least a week, as every time I entered the water I'd be grinning! If you haven't tried it yet, you need to. Visibility is like the water isn't even there.

Reactions: SolManX

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
Only the spirit of the player enters the spirit world. The physical body stays behind in the overworld.
As such apart from icy needles when using a spirit portal all inventory and gear is wiped.
No exception.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Yeah. In my eyes easier means not always better.
The easiest piping in my eyes is from Applied Energistics. Version 1 that is, not AE2 like we have in the pack.
Hook up everything, everyone and their pet hamster to one single pipe, connect it to an ME Drive (essentially an uber chest) and everything works without issue.

As said it works. But there is next to no satisfaction in completing this.
If you handle dozens of different pipes to dozens of different locations and everything works in the end you feel like you actually accomplished something.
This is one of the reasons I vastly prefer AE2 to AE1. AE1 just required one magic cable, which everything could work off without much thought at all. Sure it was simple, but it was extremely boring, especially as it were also the De-facto method of storage and automation.

While I'm here, I've noticed something, after scanning Bewitching cloth (which has 1 vitum) I noticed the Regrowth's magic flower's research covers the Etheral Bloom. As there are valid uses for the Bloom (Cleaning up an Eriee biome for instance), I'm wondering if this is intentional.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Simplicity of rules is not simplicity of use.

BuildCraft pipes are governed by pretty simple rules, they're just not documented anywhere yet: fluid splits evenly on every pipe, items go in one of the available movement directions (chosen at random), etc. Each pipe material has a very specific use that affects the item's track. It's like a puzzle, or LEGO.

Hey @asiekierka, I read somewhere that you have plans for an in-game book, like TiCo and Mariculture. Is that right?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
This is one of the reasons I vastly prefer AE2 to AE1. AE1 just required one magic cable, which everything could work off without much thought at all. Sure it was simple, but it was extremely boring, especially as it were also the De-facto method of storage and automation.

While I'm here, I've noticed something, after scanning Bewitching cloth (which has 1 vitum) I noticed the Regrowth's magic flower's research covers the Etheral Bloom. As there are valid uses for the Bloom (Cleaning up an Eriee biome for instance), I'm wondering if this is intentional.
It shouldn't be covering it, it should be directly below it. Bear in mind the Bloom research isn't visible until you've scanned a shimmerleaf (or used knowledge fragments to get it).

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any kind of block similar to the blackout curtains/dark glass in there? Is for the nether wart.
Edit: nevermind, the netherwart growth alone in light.

what are the required researchs to unluck the Infusion research? I want to get the axe of the stream but I don't remember the prerequisties. It just doesn't show

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Is there any kind of block similar to the blackout curtains/dark glass in there? Is for the nether wart.
Edit: nevermind, the netherwart growth alone in light.

Oreberry bushes might be a problem, assuming they're even available. I had a lovely setup using dark glass in another world.

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Just makes me glad I like it this way :) While I appreciate the simplicity and efficiency of TE and EnderIO piping (among others), I love setting up a functioning BC transport system and working out the bugs! With those more "modern" pipes, I personally get bored :\

So, while I'm sure you meant it in jest, I'm definitely a big fan of Buildcraft's Pipe Mini-Game :D It's not too bad once you get the rules down.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm with you. The satisfaction of solving that particular puzzle is great (for me). I like lots of things about some of the other systems, but (in my admittedly limited past experience) you put it down and done. But I'm a puzzle fan in general, so maybe that's some of it.

Reactions: Kmad

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
Oreberry bushes might be a problem, assuming they're even available. I had a lovely setup using dark glass in another world.

Shaded Glass from Witchery might be a solution for this.
You'd probably need to make a piston door with this.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm ready many of the posts concerning unlocking more than the first three Thaumcraft quests. I'm having the same problem. Here's what I have accomplished. Please let me know if I missed anything. I'm not sure if all these steps are actually neccessary, but I did some of them because they seem related to Thaumcraft.

1 - Arcanist is at 69
2 - Created a treefyd seed through Witchery.
3 - Created a greatwood sapling through Botania. Held it in hand. Planted sapling and harvested greatwood logs.
4 - Created one each of the six basic shards through crops. Held each in hand.
5 - Created a wand and thaumonicron.
6 - Created amber seeds and cinnabar seeds. Created amber and quicksilver and held both in hand.
7 - Completed the first three Thaumcraft quests.

What have I missed?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I'm ready many of the posts concerning unlocking more than the first three Thaumcraft quests. I'm having the same problem. Here's what I have accomplished. Please let me know if I missed anything. I'm not sure if all these steps are actually neccessary, but I did some of them because they seem related to Thaumcraft.

1 - Arcanist is at 69
3 - Created a greatwood sapling through Botania. Held it in hand. Planted sapling and harvested greatwood logs.
6 - Created amber seeds and cinnabar seeds. Created amber and quicksilver and held both in hand.

What have I missed?
I think you might want to get just one more arcanist rep, up to 70, to get the rest going.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Can't get angry with someone who's trying to help out :)

I didn't have the enderman problem though. Luckily one showed up early right outside my hole on the second night. I chopped away at his feet with a mattock.

EDIT: typo
:) People get angry all the time for being told things they already know. glad you're not one of those.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019

1 - Arcanist is at 69

What have I missed?

I have a habit of placing anything I don't immediately need in a container and sometimes the detection tasks fail because I've removed the item from my inventory before opening the quest book.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I also get bored with other pipes. To this day I have found no mod which has as much power as BuildCraft pipes do.

I admit that the liquid pipes are a tad wonky. But we only have one (+ one for robots) dev right now, and I don't have all the time in the world to fix every issue.

You still act like BuildCraft pipes are a network. They're not a network, they're blocks and they can't tell how many outputs you have in a system.

It's not about the old days. I can set up a TE3 duct system with my eyes closed...
I think it very much depends on what you want to get out of the pack, and what sort of pack you're playing.

For example: I'm playing Agrarian Skies (the first one) at the moment; I've got so much ELSE to do that the simplicity and lack of thinking required with AE1 and TE3 means I can focus on the other challenges in the pack. Honestly, that's kind of a relief for me.

BUT: If I was playing Regrowth myself (curse my weak computer), I know for a fact that I would thoroughly enjoy using Buildcraft to create setups - it would be another puzzle to solve, and one I reckon I'd really get a kick out of!

Does that make sense?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Anyone have any luck automating agricraft with forestry? I've got it working with golems, (they fall out of the world alot) and robots (kill the tps).

Also, realized last night that the botanist flower that eats food (forget how to spell the name) is super overpowered. Just how much food can those flowers eat? I've got a 10x10 farm of melons at 10/10/10 and still am not producing enought to feed 8 of those flowers.