[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
I'm ready many of the posts concerning unlocking more than the first three Thaumcraft quests. I'm having the same problem. Here's what I have accomplished. Please let me know if I missed anything. I'm not sure if all these steps are actually neccessary, but I did some of them because they seem related to Thaumcraft.

1 - Arcanist is at 69
2 - Created a treefyd seed through Witchery.
3 - Created a greatwood sapling through Botania. Held it in hand. Planted sapling and harvested greatwood logs.
4 - Created one each of the six basic shards through crops. Held each in hand.
5 - Created a wand and thaumonicron.
6 - Created amber seeds and cinnabar seeds. Created amber and quicksilver and held both in hand.
7 - Completed the first three Thaumcraft quests.

What have I missed?

Does that include making a thaumometer? I created mine prior to getting 60 Arcanist rep and started scanning a bunch of stuff. When I did get there, that quest was shown as completed.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any luck automating agricraft with forestry? I've got it working with golems, (they fall out of the world alot) and robots (kill the tps).

Also, realized last night that the botanist flower that eats food (forget how to spell the name) is super overpowered. Just how much food can those flowers eat? I've got a 10x10 farm of melons at 10/10/10 and still am not producing enought to feed 8 of those flowers.
It can eat as much as you can give it... but will only produce mana from the first one, and won't make mana from other food until it's done producing mana.

toaran

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

are Golems the only way to auto farm Magical crops in this pack? Multifarm does not work, right?

T

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any luck automating agricraft with forestry? I've got it working with golems, (they fall out of the world alot) and robots (kill the tps).

Also, realized last night that the botanist flower that eats food (forget how to spell the name) is super overpowered. Just how much food can those flowers eat? I've got a 10x10 farm of melons at 10/10/10 and still am not producing enought to feed 8 of those flowers.
melons are one of the worst foods you can give to them.
use magical food instead.
Also throwing stacks is a total waste, as they only produce mana for the first item eaten. until they don't finish eating it, is mana lost.

one single piece of magical food can fill over 75% of a diluted mana pool. you just need to attach each gourmalilly to their own spreader.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
Does that include making a thaumometer? I created mine prior to getting 60 Arcanist rep and started scanning a bunch of stuff. When I did get there, that quest was shown as completed.

Yes I did create one as part of the first three Thaumcraft quests.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
I have a habit of placing anything I don't immediately need in a container and sometimes the detection tasks fail because I've removed the item from my inventory before opening the quest book.

I've gone back through each item that I listed as held in hand and did them a second time. No luck.

Ning947

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to get the terrestrial reformer to do its thing? I've got it filled with herba, with the plains focus, and a relay feeding it terra vis. I tried sending a redstone signal to it, but nothing happens.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to get the terrestrial reformer to do its thing? I've got it filled with herba, with the plains focus, and a relay feeding it terra vis. I tried sending a redstone signal to it, but nothing happens.
How many cV of terra?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
I might be a minority, but I actually prefer BC pipes to most other systems. Are they harder to set up? Yes. Will they kill a server if you don't know what your doing? Also yes.

But, I also think that their is no system that can do what they do, and look as good doing it. They are really starting to remind me of the RP2 tubes.

And those power pipes? Amazing. No more wasted fuel When used with gates. And the fluid issue mentioned a few posts back are not a failure of the pipes, but just user error.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Damn, they eat the food but don't produce mana unless they are empty? :(

Hm. So, next question. How do you feed two that are next to each other? I've got an idea but it will involve a bit more of BC then I wanted to use.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I figure I may as well throw my two cents in on the whole Buildcraft pipe thing. I've always been a bit wary of them since the olden days when Equivalent Exchange was still being used. I mean, the pipe system works, but it's always been just a touch too finicky for my liking. The biggest thing for me, though, is that I just don't believe a player should have to build redundancy into a system to cover the shortcomings of a mod. I really don't like building in a bunch of loops and junk just in case I have too many items going into inventory and don't want them to spill out all over the place. The other big thing for me is that BC has a history of being either buggy or prone to screw ups. Normal transport pipes shouldn't ever, in my opinion at least, puke their items out everywhere unless they're broken, no matter what happens. I remember the old Redpower ducts, I think it was, that if the items had nowhere to go, they'd just up and go back the way they came. And the whole thing with the fluid pipes eating a little liquid now and then, that's definitely turned me away from using them for anything other than water.

In short, I'm saying that BC is a good mod (and I do understand there's not much manpower behind it right now), but its history of bugginess and its pipe mechanic quirks are a bit too alienating for me to really like them. Granted, I absolutely love the pump, it's one of the better pump items I've used in my opinion.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
I figure I may as well throw my two cents in on the whole Buildcraft pipe thing. I've always been a bit wary of them since the olden days when Equivalent Exchange was still being used. I mean, the pipe system works, but it's always been just a touch too finicky for my liking. The biggest thing for me, though, is that I just don't believe a player should have to build redundancy into a system to cover the shortcomings of a mod. I really don't like building in a bunch of loops and junk just in case I have too many items going into inventory and don't want them to spill out all over the place. The other big thing for me is that BC has a history of being either buggy or prone to screw ups. Normal transport pipes shouldn't ever, in my opinion at least, puke their items out everywhere unless they're broken, no matter what happens. I remember the old Redpower ducts, I think it was, that if the items had nowhere to go, they'd just up and go back the way they came. And the whole thing with the fluid pipes eating a little liquid now and then, that's definitely turned me away from using them for anything other than water.

In short, I'm saying that BC is a good mod (and I do understand there's not much manpower behind it right now), but its history of bugginess and its pipe mechanic quirks are a bit too alienating for me to really like them. Granted, I absolutely love the pump, it's one of the better pump items I've used in my opinion.

True, their are pros and cons of the system. The biggest being that they will spill items all over the world if not set up correctly. Funny enough, I've actually set up void pipes after the storage in my resource -> storage production line. this does solve the issue of overflow popping out into the world.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Has anybody tried to play "without" using the questbook? I see a lot of post on bit being able to use things or do things, like start thaumcraft. I was into thaumcraft way before the book got me their. Your thoughts?