[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Why is black magic evil? If I use it for good, does it still classify as evil? What about time/space magic?
Its traditional. Yes it would still be evil even doing it for good.I would consider Blood magic as a black art because it uses blood and involves sacrifice. Witchery sits on the fence because of the voodoo which traditionally would be seen as black magic. Thaumcraft would be white magic because it tends to use nature to form magic

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
...a plan comes together!

ALnns3w.png

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
What is the thing in the altar?

Magician's Orb the ritual just created from a gold block. the thing I need to further expand my powers (and the altar's power.) Caught it at the worst moment in its little twirl. It's side on.

Next I can make a Well of Suffering and feed it zombies (or a few witches, though I want to befriend witches...maybe, "or else" would be a good motivator!)

NicoHana

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone gotten far with the Witching Gadgets research and can possibly help me out?

Trying to get the Arcane Terrestrial Reformer online, but nothing is happening. :|

Edit: Got the vis relays all connected up to my energised node and a full jar of the needed essentia for the biome I want.

Edit2: Nevermind, I didn't read the Thaumonomicon properly. XD

Edit3: ....Huh, still not working? ...I hope did not cut down my pure node silverwood tree for nothing...

Last edited:

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone gotten far with the Witching Gadgets research and can possibly help me out?

Trying to get the Arcane Terrestrial Reformer online, but nothing is happening. :|

Edit: Got the vis relays all connected up to my energised node and a full jar of the needed essentia for the biome I want.

Edit2: Nevermind, I didn't read the Thaumonomicon properly. XD

Edit3: ....Huh, still not working? ...I hope did not cut down my pure node silverwood tree for nothing...

Search this thread on the topic. I posted pics once I figured it out and there are some posts advising me upthread also.

Reactions: JustHeyo

NicoHana

Jul 29, 2019
Search this thread on the topic. I posted pics once I figured it out and there are some posts advising me upthread also.

Thanks! My saviour. :D

And I did cut down my pure node tree for nothing, time to grow a new one then. xD

Edit: YIKES. It does gobble up the liquid essentia. oO

Last edited:

Pcthomas2

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah IC2 would not work because buildcraft railcraft and mekanism all run off RF soooo... IC2 couldn't interact with other mods because it hates the world of modding apparently.
There are blocks that convert the energy types. I know Mariculture uses a different energy type too and their are energy converters for that.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt that bug is pack specific, but I never had this happen before: I just killed the Ender Dragon cause I wanted the egg for bees and for something else. After killing her, I was up to level 90ish. But when I went back to the overworld, my level was back down to 11 without me enchanting anything. It's not a massive issue cause of the exp seeds, more of a weird bug but figured I'd mention it
It is a vanilla bug and is visual only. Gain one more xp and all your xp should show again.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change my nether spawn? i feel like i have the most horrid spawn ever (middle of a lava lake quite high and tons of ghasts flying arround...) already tried building a new portal about 500blocks away from the first and i still spawn in the same place <.<
You'll need to disable the Nether-side of the portal and then kill yourself -- assuming you don't have a pick to break it, you can use TNT right next to the portal. Once the portal is off (and you have died and returned to the overworld), you can build a new one (perhaps in the same direction that looks good in the Nether), and it should spawn you to a new nether portal, hopefully in a better place.

You don't have to kill yourself. It's far easier to just build another nether portal in the nether where you want it to be (assuming the coordinates match up with your base or within 128 blocks (ignoring height), which is just 16 blocks in the nether), then destroy the first one. However, if your base's coordinates match up with a large lava lake in the nether with no good solid ground nearby you're likely out of luck and would have to move your base or try to make a bridge in the nether. 500 blocks in the overworld is only about 60 blocks in the nether.

That mana fluxfield... it kinda obsoletes every other power source huh? A single mana tablet / half mana pool generates 5,000,000 RF in just a few minutes. I setup a combustion engine full of oil, let it run, and got a bit over 500,000 RF in the same amount of time (used up about half the oil). An industrial steam engine with a whole lotta steam, only a few hundred thousand... not to mention those require so much more infrastructure than a few endoflames and a coal dropper.
Is there any good reason to use any of the other engines once you can make a fluxfield (which is pretty darned cheap..)?

Did you try that with fuel? Oil is not anywhere near as good as fuel. Fuel would have given you 6,000,000 RF. Also, how long did it take for you to get the full mana pool? How much steam exactly did you have? A max sized boiler will produce far more RF/t than a few endoflames... and can run on fuel. The mana fluxfield does not obsolete every other power source, it's just very convenient considering you get a lot of mana producing flowers for free and are encouraged far more to progress in Botania than in buildcraft or railcraft. Any setup that produces a considerable amount of RF/t via the fluxfield will either take up a lot of space or be less efficient than alternatives.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
question. i was wondering if anyone has been able to easily get a firestone from the nether. i have used many mods before to get under the lava, destroyed lava. but other then blood magic. i see no other option.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
question. i was wondering if anyone has been able to easily get a firestone from the nether. i have used many mods before to get under the lava, destroyed lava. but other then blood magic. i see no other option.
A mixture of cobblestone and the extrapolated bucket could help, though it would be much slower.

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kinda wondering about the later versions of the pack.. I dunno what TPL is planning, but I'm thinking about the way Running Red (the first one, the skyblock) was done for quests: ie, splitting it between the more magicky side and the techy side, and I feel like it'd give some re-playability to the pack once you've finished every quests. I mean, I'll still play the pack regardless of the way the quests are done, but I'd like to have a more "streamlined" paths vs jumping over between magic and tech constantly. Still, loving the pack and I spent a lot of time on it with a lot more time to go before I finish all the quests.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you that have found Eldritch Altars/Obelisks, did any of them have Crimson Clerics around them? I've only found 4 of them but no clerics. As a test, I turned on thaumcraft's spawning of champion mobs and then the next eldritch altar I found had clerics. Just trying to figure out if champion mobs need to be enabled in order for crimson clerics to spawn.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to kill yourself. It's far easier to just build another nether portal in the nether where you want it to be (assuming the coordinates match up with your base or within 128 blocks (ignoring height), which is just 16 blocks in the nether), then destroy the first one. However, if your base's coordinates match up with a large lava lake in the nether with no good solid ground nearby you're likely out of luck and would have to move your base or try to make a bridge in the nether. 500 blocks in the overworld is only about 60 blocks in the nether.
Right-o, I was going on the assumption that the OP couldn't really travel at all in the Nether. Been a while since I made portal transport, but the wiki http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Nether_Portal points to 1024 overworld blocks to generate a new portal on the Nether side.
Did you try that with fuel? Oil is not anywhere near as good as fuel. Fuel would have given you 6,000,000 RF. Also, how long did it take for you to get the full mana pool? How much steam exactly did you have? A max sized boiler will produce far more RF/t than a few endoflames... and can run on fuel. The mana fluxfield does not obsolete every other power source, it's just very convenient considering you get a lot of mana producing flowers for free and are encouraged far more to progress in Botania than in buildcraft or railcraft. Any setup that produces a considerable amount of RF/t via the fluxfield will either take up a lot of space or be less efficient than alternatives.
I considered it.. but was thinking in terms of simplicity and infrastructure. With endoflames alone, I can feed a 7x7 farm with a single dropping system, hooked up to a coal farm / auto-crafting coal blocks. I'm not saying this is at all efficient, but since I can easy scale up the coal farm to accommodate, it is certainly very convenient - even more so since the materials are available earlier and don't require as many components as a full fuel or steam system.
Just ran another test, and a stack of coal blocks dropped onto 49 endoflames generates a bit over half a mana pool in 10 minutes or so. With a golem running a 7x7 coal farm, that would work out to like 32 coal blocks per full harvest, and with some sprinklers and an agricarnation, I think I'd still have a surplus.
All that said, my experience with these mods is strictly this modpack, so more science is needed on the BC and RC sides. :)

Last edited:

Rayn

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you that have found Eldritch Altars/Obelisks, did any of them have Crimson Clerics around them? I've only found 4 of them but no clerics. As a test, I turned on thaumcraft's spawning of champion mobs and then the next eldritch altar I found had clerics. Just trying to figure out if champion mobs need to be enabled in order for crimson clerics to spawn.
nope. have been desperately trying to get into the eldritch obelisk -- no luck. only guardians spawn, but not a single crimson cult... so far.