[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
ok guys interesting question... what would cause horrible lag spikes from this modpack. two people on my server are getting horrible lag spikes from something after i did a buildcraft set up. they think its mariculture tanks and buildcraft pipes. however i do not lag and i am running the server from my computer at the same time.

i have not had any issues with buildcraft ever.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
Let be state my intent: I think that I can tolerate the effects that the thaumcraft warp wiki describes, but trying to keep track of random invisible one way barriers sounds like more torture than I am willing to put up with.

Especially if you are the only one who has to do it. :)

Reactions: lblackburn

JazParks

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys trying to give my base a make over and am rapidly losing inspiration so I thought I'd ask you folk; what are your favorite block layouts/configurations? what colors do you like together? and if you could send some inspiration that would be swell :D

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
There's a Witchery brew you can only get in the spirit world using a kettle, the brew of flowing spirit. Copper grind I'm guessing is because people are going to mine for their resources rather than grow their seeds again.

Everything over their requires you to have a mining level of copper. You can only craft a flint pick. You need to grind up to copper seeds and then get a way to cast a copper pick head. If someone knows a different way I'm all ears

ezendiba

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, just want to let you know that this mod pack is awesome! I totally love it.

And just a quick question, does anyone knows why i have severe framerate drops when using the analyzer for the seeds? (from 30 to 10) Once they are analyzed, im back to 30 fps again.

JustShika

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys :) Does anyone has a cool idea of how to get Glint Weed in an almost easy way? I just went through an entire stack of Mutandis with absolutely no luck. Mutandis has cheap ingredients but it's just a pain to craft D:

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Depends if you are a glutton for punishment like I was or not

If you are

normal grind cross-breading plants.
Once you have sugarcane make yourself a snorkel then run around and grab clay and at least one Oyster (more is better as they are the only way to get the ender pearl you are going to need for the ender chest)
You will be doing the repeatable quests for the essences just like you did at the start of the game.
You are focusing on getting the copper essence for a copper seed.
Make the vat once you have enough copper. Make obsidian.
Grind for a nether seed and blaze essences.
Once you can make yourself the ender chest you are home free.

If you aren't
You are going to need quite a few brew of sleeping.
Do a turn in for copper essence and blaze essence in the quest book but don't claim the rewards.
Port to dream world and pray for a good dream
Claim rewards.
Rinse and repeat until you have enough copper for a vat and 8 blaze essences.
Cross-bread seeds for sugarcane. Make snorkel. Grab clay and oysters.
Feed sand to oysters until they finally give you a ender pearl.
Make ender chest.

I forgot about the oysters :D

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys :) Does anyone has a cool idea of how to get Glint Weed in an almost easy way? I just went through an entire stack of Mutandis with absolutely no luck. Mutandis has cheap ingredients but it's just a pain to craft D:
Sadly that is the only way. It took me ages to get the ember moss :/

OK, I have this weird obsession with making balanced shards in the most efficient way possible using a bare minimum of actual shards. For anyone else who shares this, here's what I find that works pretty well to make a stack of balanced shards:

2 stacks of cactus (1 Aqua + 1 Perditio + 3 Herba each)
1 stack of infernal blocks from Railcraft (2 Ignis + 2 Ordo + 2 Terra + 2 Spiritus each)
1 stack of Aer shards as the catalyst

You end up with an excess of 2 jars of Spiritus (which is useful) and 6 jars of Herba (which I just mostly voided).

Use a crystallizer to crystallize those aspects then use the aspect shards instead :)

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
I went into the config and deleted all the POB saplings. I got mine after that!

Reactions: JustShika

ryuk_94

Jul 29, 2019
i have a problem with the fish feeder, it doesn't accept the fish food, i've tryed to remove the fish but it don't work. i have updated to the 1.7.2 version and the problem is still there. please help me

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, now my turn to ask a question: I am trying to use the arcane terrestrial reformer. I have the jungle focus installed on it and it's doing a little spin animation thing of the block of jungle wood inside (used in making it.) I have a warded jar each of terra and arbor, the essences called for according to the book. I plop them down beside it like I would for the arcane infuser. Nothing happens. None is consumed. I put them onto (by clicking on the reformer's side) the reformer itself, nothing either.

Has anyone used this thing? I have used my best google-fu and can't find anything so far. All I get is the posts on the release of the mod itself and a few short blurbs on it, no wiki, no reddit, no nothing discussing the use of this specific device.

Hmm, maybe I need pipes? I can try those. Open to ideas.

I saw that too, but elsewhere in the book it conflates the two. Under entry on aspect it says essentia IS liquid vis. Seems a bit cumbersome for a machine meant to be deployed out in the world to require a node-generated supply of vis when the other is essentia. I thought the differentiation was due to terra being a basic vis/essentia and herba or arbor being higher tier complex ones.

I guess it's another theory needing investigation if pipes don't help.
If a TC based machine describes something as Vis, then it means from an energized node.

Reactions: JustHeyo

JustShika

Jul 29, 2019
I went into the config and deleted all the POB saplings. I got mine after that!
That's wise! Even if I want to stay loyal to the modpack, it's too much cycling between plants :\ I think I'll go with that :) Thanks (again, you helped me quiet a lot these days haha)!

Reactions: JimmyJam

JustShika

Jul 29, 2019
How can i get a poisonous potato? The potato in the mana pool just makes a carrot!
NEI shows a -LONG- way of getting liquid poison and combining in a vat with a potato. Again, it's a freakin pain, but if you're into bees already, it could be an option :\

TelaniousVander

Jul 29, 2019
i have a problem with the fish feeder, it doesn't accept the fish food, i've tryed to remove the fish but it don't work. i have updated to the 1.7.2 version and the problem is still there. please help me

If you put both fish in then you should be able to drop the food in the spot on the left in the feeder gui

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Well some updates since I last played, good. Go back to giving this thing a try, I just dread the botania energy production cycle though... I hate that thing.