[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the Aipmancy tab (the one at the bottom left of your thaumcraft book) and research the gratfers and the the thaumic grafter, that will help with your silver saplings drops, also pays to enchant them, they break easy
Which enchantments work (and are recommended) for the grafters?

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, now my turn to ask a question: I am trying to use the arcane terrestrial reformer. I have the jungle focus installed on it and it's doing a little spin animation thing of the block of jungle wood inside (used in making it.) I have a warded jar each of terra and arbor, the essences called for according to the book. I plop them down beside it like I would for the arcane infuser. Nothing happens. None is consumed. I put them onto (by clicking on the reformer's side) the reformer itself, nothing either.

Has anyone used this thing? I have used my best google-fu and can't find anything so far. All I get is the posts on the release of the mod itself and a few short blurbs on it, no wiki, no reddit, no nothing discussing the use of this specific device.

Hmm, maybe I need pipes? I can try those. Open to ideas.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow I don't think so since I have restarted my game a couple of times already and every time I load up the game and go back to the spot in the nether where I experienced the "whispers" effect I still cannot walk into that space while traveling from north to south. In addition, if I go around the area that has this strange barrier effect, I can walk into the space walking south to north. I can even walk north enough that I pass through the barrier. But then I turn around and try to go the other way and I can't.

This happens to me and it is indeed a block that is there on the server but not on the client. The way I clear it is usually to place a block of stone in the spot and you will see it change to the netherack that you mined. Be aware it might be the block at foot level or the block at head level.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
This happens to me and it is indeed a block that is there on the server but not on the client. The way I clear it is usually to place a block of stone in the spot and you will see it change to the netherack that you mined. Be aware it might be the block at foot level or the block at head level.
The thing is.... he is not playing in a server! And the server phantom blocks caused by sync issues just dont let you go trough them since there is a block there. He can go through!
Seems more like a block from thaumcraft that allows entities to pass through only from one side and act as a block on the other sides. But why it is there and invisible, dunno. I would just MCEdit the nether and see if there is any block on that spot.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Copper grind 2? Am I missing something? I did the spirit world quests in 0.6.5 and havent done the new witchery quests yet.... I might be missing something new...
There's a Witchery brew you can only get in the spirit world using a kettle, the brew of flowing spirit. Copper grind I'm guessing is because people are going to mine for their resources rather than grow their seeds again.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, now my turn to ask a question: I am trying to use the arcane terrestrial reformer. I have the jungle focus installed on it and it's doing a little spin animation thing of the block of jungle wood inside (used in making it.) I have a warded jar each of terra and arbor, the essences called for according to the book. I plop them down beside it like I would for the arcane infuser. Nothing happens. None is consumed. I put them onto (by clicking on the reformer's side) the reformer itself, nothing either.

Has anyone used this thing? I have used my best google-fu and can't find anything so far. All I get is the posts on the release of the mod itself and a few short blurbs on it, no wiki, no reddit, no nothing discussing the use of this specific device.

Hmm, maybe I need pipes? I can try those. Open to ideas.
Bear in mind that I've never actually used the thing ...

But reading the book, it looks like the terraformer requires Terra vis (from a node) along with essentia (from a jar).

TelaniousVander

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips? Or is it just do the same progression as the overworld?

Depends if you are a glutton for punishment like I was or not

If you are

normal grind cross-breading plants.
Once you have sugarcane make yourself a snorkel then run around and grab clay and at least one Oyster (more is better as they are the only way to get the ender pearl you are going to need for the ender chest)
You will be doing the repeatable quests for the essences just like you did at the start of the game.
You are focusing on getting the copper essence for a copper seed.
Make the vat once you have enough copper. Make obsidian.
Grind for a nether seed and blaze essences.
Once you can make yourself the ender chest you are home free.

If you aren't
You are going to need quite a few brew of sleeping.
Do a turn in for copper essence and blaze essence in the quest book but don't claim the rewards.
Port to dream world and pray for a good dream
Claim rewards.
Rinse and repeat until you have enough copper for a vat and 8 blaze essences.
Cross-bread seeds for sugarcane. Make snorkel. Grab clay and oysters.
Feed sand to oysters until they finally give you a ender pearl.
Make ender chest.

TelaniousVander

Jul 29, 2019
Copper grind 2? Am I missing something? I did the spirit world quests in 0.6.5 and havent done the new witchery quests yet.... I might be missing something new...

The flint tools you can make in the spirit world won't mine coal, iron, etc. So you are back to doing the seed grind to get the copper essences, etc that you need.

Reactions: Yarma92

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I have this weird obsession with making balanced shards in the most efficient way possible using a bare minimum of actual shards. For anyone else who shares this, here's what I find that works pretty well to make a stack of balanced shards:

2 stacks of cactus (1 Aqua + 1 Perditio + 3 Herba each)
1 stack of infernal blocks from Railcraft (2 Ignis + 2 Ordo + 2 Terra + 2 Spiritus each)
1 stack of Aer shards as the catalyst

You end up with an excess of 2 jars of Spiritus (which is useful) and 6 jars of Herba (which I just mostly voided).

kanix

Jul 29, 2019
I've been hit by a bizarre bug after updating my server to 0.7.2, im unable to extract anything from drawers. I can put things in there but nothing happens when I try and take something out, this works fine if I switch to single player and other people on my server are able to extract from drawers fine. Have tried extracting from the same drawers as them, placed a brand new one.. still nope. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is.... he is not playing in a server! And the server phantom blocks caused by sync issues just dont let you go trough them since there is a block there. He can go through!
Seems more like a block from thaumcraft that allows entities to pass through only from one side and act as a block on the other sides. But why it is there and invisible, dunno. I would just MCEdit the nether and see if there is any block on that spot.

Everyone is playing on a server. A few versions back MC changed to a client/server architecture even when playing locally.

Reactions: Yarma92

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Bear in mind that I've never actually used the thing ...

But reading the book, it looks like the terraformer requires Terra vis (from a node) along with essentia (from a jar).

I saw that too, but elsewhere in the book it conflates the two. Under entry on aspect it says essentia IS liquid vis. Seems a bit cumbersome for a machine meant to be deployed out in the world to require a node-generated supply of vis when the other is essentia. I thought the differentiation was due to terra being a basic vis/essentia and herba or arbor being higher tier complex ones.

I guess it's another theory needing investigation if pipes don't help.

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
what is the best and fastest way to find slimechunks? if there are anny slimechunks? i know caving is a option but that takes so long xD

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019

Update: I did open my world in MCEdit and went into the nether and went to the spot in the chunk that has this problem. MCEdit thinks that there is only air blocks there.

This leads me to believe that I the warp effect has saved something to my player data file instead of the world files. In addition, I have looked warp on thaumcrafts wiki and found the commands to edit my players permanent warp. I have used the thaumcraft warp command to set my players permanent warp to 0. Doing so did not change experiencing this weird one way invisible barrier effect. I also edited the config file and turned wuss_mode to true until I understand more about this.

Let be state my intent: I think that I can tolerate the effects that the thaumcraft warp wiki describes, but trying to keep track of random invisible one way barriers sounds like more torture than I am willing to put up with.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
I've been hit by a bizarre bug after updating my server to 0.7.2, im unable to extract anything from drawers. I can put things in there but nothing happens when I try and take something out, this works fine if I switch to single player and other people on my server are able to extract from drawers fine. Have tried extracting from the same drawers as them, placed a brand new one.. still nope. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
You're not somehow in Adventure mode, are you? I have read in another place that being a problem.

Reactions: JustHeyo and kanix